NBC Sports Edge Forums

Drop Delon Wright for Sato? WHIR

Team in signature. Tonight, Satoransky produced a statline that hints of him trending in the right direction. My team is suffering an absolute assist drought, so do I pick him up? Wright is one option, because his assist potential looks to be absolutely diminished by playing on the same team as Doncić and on top of that, he isn't doing much of anything. The other might be PJ Washington, but he at least has the minutes on his side.

So do I:

1) Drop Wright for Sato?

2) Drop PJ for Sato? (to maximise trying to stream assists in light of Curry being out)

3) Do something else?

I'd pick up Sato. Difficult to find assists like that on the wire. What I also like is I don't feel like Sato has anyone to challenge him for minutes (this season), whereas Wright has ball-dominant Luka and Brunson, who the Mavs also like, to deal with.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I agree.. I had Sato at the beginning cause he was a starter.. and dropped him when I didn't like the competition between dunn and white.. however, it looks like Sato has definitely gotten the edge at this 5 game mark over them. 

Maybe Boylen is coming to his senses over time. Would be almost as remarkable as DAJ fixing his free throw percentage!

• Haha 1

They're in the same situation as PGs without a definite, defined role. (Delon moved to the bench, Sato and the PG jam in CHI) I'd do it if you want more upside with assists but Delon's a solid steals player while Sato definitely isn't.

Help in return?

Both are pretty low-end players. I'd hold onto Delon b/c overall his assists will probably only be a couple less than Sato, yet he offers elite steals. And he can be productive mid-20s. There's also still a chance he may be inserted into starting rotation again (although he may produce better off the bench). The Bulls are somewhat unpredictable when it comes to playing time allotment. I wouldn't drop PJ - decent floor and decent ceiling, and provides a, so far, stream of treys and stocks.

Help w/ mine?