NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Laird 2019 Outlook

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t believe there are currently 4 Dolphins RB threads on the first page of this forum.   God help us all.

He had 11 ppr points last week.. flexible already 

Patrick Turd.

You stash any rb that is going to get  15 touches until he proves that he sucks.

RB is ridiculously thin at the moment and there are no starting rb's available on the wire except laird 

I grabbing him if he is on the wire because I may need to plug him in if one of my starters goes down. 

Just read that Kalen Ballage was placed on IR so Laird should be the starter now.  He's a Dolphins rb so expectations should be tempered but I still think he's worth an add and could provide some playoff value in PPR.

16 minutes ago, jclee4 said:

So why bid on him? Just curious

Starting rb that wil get about 15 touches a game on a team that will lay from behind and he is also a pass catcher That may be all you need to win in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

They signed RB Zenner but he does not know the offense, so that's a depth move this week. I was disappointed in Laird's rushing stats this past week (except for the rushing TD) but he did well in the passing game. He's playing the Jets which is a decent D against the run. It's the playoffs, but I may have to start him in the flex. If I do, I'm counting on his pass catching chops with hopes for another surprise rush TD. Good luck to all!

9 minutes ago, hard1 said:

Ehh

I'm not gonna let anyone else stash him but I dont think that was impressive 

He's basically all they have at the position though. Plus he catches passes. That Jets d isn't scaring anyone either. Could be a nice flex this week. 

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, tim14125 said:

He's basically all they have at the position though. Plus he catches passes. That Jets d isn't scaring anyone either. Could be a nice flex this week. 

They have myles gaskin who was highly productive college player... 

• Like 1

In a full ppr. If this dude cant get me 30 yards on the ground with 5 catches for 40 I would be loving it as my RB2 right now, this is 12 points. He is basically what Chris Thompson was when guice got hurt, Plus he gets goalline. They also have a decent schedule and their defense is terrible giving a nice floor on catches. 

14- Jets 

15- NYG

16- Cin at home

• Like 1

I picked up both Laird and gaskin. Is Laird much better pass catcher then gaskin? Gaskin definitely has the big play potential with his speed. I don't really know anything about Laird besides he's gotten more run and is ranked higher this week. 

This situation is very underrated.  He has to be rostered in PPR leagues.  He was already getting passing down snaps.  Now the expected starter, 10 carries about 5 targets plus goal line work.  RB2 - flex value.  If anything he shouldn't be on waivers to block opponents who are thin at RB.  I would play him over Ronald Jones, Duke Johnson, Tarik Cohen, Bo Scarbrough, Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman, or other flex low floor backs.  And I know some of you are using some of these listed players right now.

• Like 2
On 12/4/2019 at 2:33 PM, JediMasters said:

This situation is very underrated.  He has to be rostered in PPR leagues.  He was already getting passing down snaps.  Now the expected starter, 10 carries about 5 targets plus goal line work.  RB2 - flex value.  If anything he shouldn't be on waivers to block opponents who are thin at RB.  I would play him over Ronald Jones, Duke Johnson, Tarik Cohen, Bo Scarbrough, Raheem Mostert, Tevin Coleman, or other flex low floor backs.  And I know some of you are using some of these listed players right now.

Im jumping on board this week. I do believe this should be a decent start for the next few weeks due to them being forced to pass the entire time.  Really hoping for 10+ maybe he call even get a TD

The team and local press seem to love this guy. So, I don't expect any surprise rise of Gaskins or Zenner this week. It appears Laird will be the 'Fins RB#1 starter. What he does with that we don't know. He was a 1,000 yard rusher in college and is a very good receiving back. The team seems to be rooting for him as well.

I'm starting him in the flex (12 team w/ max RBs) where I don't need someone to score 20 points, I need someone to score 8-15 (std, PPR would be higher). I think he can do that.

Some local press from several hours ago:

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/nfl/miami-dolphins/article238085919.html

Edited by Blazer
typo