NBC Sports Edge Forums

Patrick Laird 2019 Outlook

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I can’t believe there are currently 4 Dolphins RB threads on the first page of this forum.   God help us all.

He had 11 ppr points last week.. flexible already 

Patrick Turd.

7 hours ago, LongBalls said:

I'm interested because his usage has been rising for a few weeks and he was out there a lot last game. And Giants just had Boston Scott run all over them. Those touches are tempting and the matchup is pretty good. 

This... hes a start

1 hour ago, herschel said:

People rolling the dice on this guy with a trip to the championship on the line?

Yup. 

I'd bench him for D. Washington if J. Jacobs is ruled out, but it doesn't look like things are trending that way.

• Thanks 1

I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it. I mean, this is a team that ended up kicking seven field goals against the freaking Jets because they couldn't punch it in somehow. Unless you're really struggling at FLEX I don't know why you'd take the risk. I mean, I suppose there's a solid enough floor but there doesn't seem to be that much of a ceiling, although Parker missing might help.

• Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it. I mean, this is a team that ended up kicking seven field goals against the freaking Jets because they couldn't punch it in somehow. Unless you're really struggling at FLEX I don't know why you'd take the risk. I mean, I suppose there's a solid enough floor but there doesn't seem to be that much of a ceiling, although Parker missing might help.

Playing Laird depends on who else you're starting and if you're projected to win or lose.

With Lamar going off for me last night, I'm projected to win comfortably. So I'm looking for floor in the flex in a large league. Laird fits the bill. 

That said, I don't really see a ceiling game out of Laird. If I needed a homerun it probably wouldn't be Laird starting. Probably look to one of the TB WRs who could go nuts or give you a goose egg.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mdbomb said:

my situation also.  Let’s roll

Same situation as well...

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

I wanna start him in my flex, but gonna be hard to over Metcalf or Slayton. He's sure to get work, but the Miami run game is bad and without wrs stretching the fiepd might actually be worse then better

I think I might go with Slayton here

I'd play him over most WRs in the ECR range due to likely touch volume since Laird's used in the passing game and will also get most of the carries. There's just a big whack of comparable RBs in the range that are tough to call (i.e. guys like Drake, Freeman, Montgomery, Peterson, etc.). I don't see Laird as much more of a dice roll than a lot of those names and he may be better due to match-up.

And it looks like Parker is playing, which I actually think is positive due to the higher potential for RZ touches.

Edited by LongBalls

Obviously it depends on your bench and your team status if you might start him. My main league is a deep 12 team league that hordes RBs. I have him in the flex this week because of 1) injury 2) it's a good match-up and 3) he has a 20 touch potential. That's something you can't ignore.

• Like 3
21 hours ago, hard1 said:

Starting over drake jamaal Williams and hunt... hes got the backfield to himself... rb2 stats in coming 

I'm really debating between Laird and Hunt in my standard league. Volume is king and knowing Laird should have 15-20 touches compared to Hunts 10-12. Only thing stopping me is that the start/sit tool for fantasypros has experts 90% in favour of Hunt

20 minutes ago, KidDynamite420 said:

I'm really debating between Laird and Hunt in my standard league. Volume is king and knowing Laird should have 15-20 touches compared to Hunts 10-12. Only thing stopping me is that the start/sit tool for fantasypros has experts 90% in favour of Hunt

That toll is a complete waste because it is based on a bunch of fantasy writers who are  never up to date on the latest developments and most of them suck. Also almost all of them follow each other and are in the same echo chamber.

Edited by dashoe
1 hour ago, KidDynamite420 said:

Trust your gut. All that start sit stuff is cool to look at but they don't really know more that us normal people. Eye test > them

Every site told me to sit Hollywood brown but went with my gut and got results I'm happy with in my WR3

Edited by Eaglesflyhigh11
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, KidDynamite420 said:

That is just a computer program checking a ranks database that may be out of date and selecting the highest ranked. It's a good starting point and can be helpful in directing your own research but IMO not the final answer. When making the choice you are talking about I always check the latest news from the team, judge the match-ups, and pay attention to recent trends. I'm not advocating anyone starting Laird other than me. In my situation it makes sense. Best of luck!

3 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Trust your gut. All that start sit stuff is cool to look at but they don't really know more that us normal people. Eye test > them

Every site told me to sit Hollywood brown but went with my gut and got results I'm happy with in my WR3

this ^

it's our money right now, not the "experts" ... go with the gut ✌

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Hunt is definitely the superior back in every way on the eye test, the only question is if Laird's superior touch advantage will outpace that.