NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade J Collins for B Clarke?

My Collins for his Clarke along with a decent 2nd round pick next and a future 1st down the road. 9-Cat H2H 12 team Dynasty. I obviously near the top in my league but the top 3 or 4 is real competitive and having dead weight on my roster for two months. I wish Clarke was C eligible (in ESPN) so I would lose some positional versatility there. What's the long-term potential for each of the them? I am essentially guaranteed a playoff spot and wonder if Clarke will be starting in Feb/March and have JV take a backseat. Collins has obviously improved his stocks (which we now know why). What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance! Drop a link for your questions. 

Tough call.  Clarke is nice but he won’t have the minutes and opportunity like Collins will when he comes back unless they trade or shut down JV.  I would hold on to Collins if you can deal with the suspension

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/785809-trade-jokic-for-brogdon-and-isaac-did-i-get-fleeced-whir-100-quickly/

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Thanks 1

Clarke is already top 40 and he's playing 10 less minutes than Collins. As he continues to impress, he will only get more opportunity. His ability to put up 4-5 blocks in a game cant be overlooked. The extra draft capital you are getting in addition to Clarke can't be overlooked either. I would pull the trigger.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, benjwils said:

Clarke is already top 40 and he's playing 10 less minutes than Collins. As he continues to impress, he will only get more opportunity. His ability to put up 4-5 blocks in a game cant be overlooked. The extra draft capital you are getting in addition to Clarke can't be overlooked either. I would pull the trigger.

Yeah I own Clarke and I'm a huge fan of his game.  11-6 already with 1.7 blocks and elite efficiency.  top 40 with only 22 minutes a game.  I might go with Clarke simply for the extra 25 games and potentially to break out 2nd half of the season.  Rough

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Tough call.  Clarke is nice but he won’t have the minutes and opportunity like Collins will when he comes back unless they trade or shut down JV.  I would hold on to Collins if you can deal with the suspension

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/785809-trade-jokic-for-brogdon-and-isaac-did-i-get-fleeced-whir-100-quickly/

14 minutes ago, benjwils said:

Thank you for the feedback. I'm conflicted and agree with both of your reasoning. My thing though is that I would not be looking to trade Collins if he weren't suspended. Clarke has looked great so far in limited minutes but I do have questions on his offensive potential as opposed to Collins. Collins definitely was looking to have worked on his defense prior to the suspension. Since Clarke's perfect shooting nice last night, the owner is most likely not going to provide both picks, which really don't mean much for me this year. The future first isn't for awhile. 

1 minute ago, AndreSplash said:

Thank you for the feedback. I'm conflicted and agree with both of your reasoning. My thing though is that I would not be looking to trade Collins if he weren't suspended. Clarke has looked great so far in limited minutes but I do have questions on his offensive potential as opposed to Collins. Collins definitely was looking to have worked on his defense prior to the suspension. Since Clarke's perfect shooting nice last night, the owner is most likely not going to provide both picks, which really don't mean much for me this year. The future first isn't for awhile. 

Ah I have never played dynasty but if you're getting an additional pick down the road for the trade, I'm going with Clarke easy