NBC Sports Edge Forums

Two 2020 1sts for Singletary?

My league is 32 tm 2x player IDP Dynasty. I am actually in the playoff hunt even tho I amassed 3 extra 1st rnd 2020 pics (4 total). With 2x players that is essentially 16 player copies drafted per round. 

I could use a bell cow RB next season, as my current RB roster looks like:

Tevin Coleman

Kenyan Drake

Frank Gore

Jaylen Samuels

Dion Lewis

Devontae Booker

Brandon Bolden

My 1st rnd pics project out to be virtual #'s 6, 10, 11 and 13. The a team offered Singletary for my 1st two pis

Modified .5 for RB ppr scoring. 

I look at is as getting a likely RB1 next year and beyond instead of drafting a Dobbins/ E'ttiene/ Howard with my #6 and a Perrine/Vaughn/ Moss etc with my #10. (obviously those players are only a hypothetical example pre 2020 Combine)

I still would have a likely #11 and 13 draft pic next year, as I also need WRs. (would give me a shot at Higgins/Reagor/ Jefferson etc., or I could take a crap shoot with a later RB draft pic there too.

Thoughts?

Just looked at his measurables comparing similar RB 1 candidates, and they are pretty bleh!  

4.66 40yd dash time, and pretty terrible workout metrics: 

https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/devin-singletary/

He must be making up for it with his elusiveness, vision and FB sense. Just don't know if he can be counted on to bear the load for a full season.