NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Week 10 Raiders at Chargers Game Thread

bomont

2 minutes ago, NinerLifer said:

Dude, Raiders have run like what, 12 plays so far?!  What do you expect? Lol

Still nearly a half a game with only 1 target.  Just because they've been getting dominated in time of possession doesn't make it any better for Waller owners so far, and it's true he's hardly getting thrown to anymore for whatever reason (not just this week as he only had 2 targets last week).

Just now, StevenSC400 said:

So Jacobs can’t catch? If it was at least a thumper for a backup or somethin. Someone like Blount back in the day but he hands it off to Richard. I mean common man.

I hear you. But they rarely throw to Jacobs, so if he’s in there the defense thinks run. Sounds dumb to me, but I’m assuming that’s the reason for bringing in a passing down back and then running. 

Just now, ZappB said:

Don't know if I'm alone but I'd be perfectly happy if they stopped TNF and kept it as SNF/MNF.  It also makes the Thanksgiving games more unique.  From a fantasy standpoint having Thursday games is annoying anyway since it forces us to make some decisions early.

Totally.

I'd much rather have every game allow for normal practice weeks (except for the Thanksgiving games, of course) and give us better standard of product than water it down to give us another Prime Time game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Totally.

I'd much rather have every game allow for normal practice weeks (except for the Thanksgiving games, of course) and give us better standard of product than water it down to give us another Prime Time game.

if you want a better product, make teams play their starters in the preseason more so the first two weeks aren’t so bad. 

Just now, Dexter75 said:

if you want a better product, make teams play their starters in the preseason more so the first two weeks aren’t so bad. 

Eh.

Those preseason games are like 20-40 reps.  They have literally hundreds in camp in August.

I'm not worried about that.  I would say hold camp for an extra week or two but the players association would have a fit.

There is so much involved in the actual work of football we never see.