NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Week 10 Raiders at Chargers Game Thread

bomont

Why the eff do I even CONSIDER looking at 'fantasy professional's' rankings?

Rivers is awful. He was awesome back in the day but I think it's time to retire. Granted his OL doesn't help. But jeezuz, I benched Allen over him today. I'm dropping him first thing Monday.

Just watching the way he throws the ball makes me cringe.... and also expect another INT.

Edited by imj0257
  • Like 1

Just now, SadFaceHappy said:

Actually a really good movie.

Every time I've seen it, been more impressed. 

But Oliver Stone, and/or the editor, might've done a little too much coke while making it...

I love me some Natural Born Killers/Any Given Sunday. Definitely a LOT of coke involved in the making of those two movies.

My first time really watching Jacobs. he looks pretty good. fast and powerful. has some shiftiness, seems to have good balance, always seems to fall forward. Gruden seems comfortable giving him a lot of touches. quality talent in a good situation. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FUM said:

Another do nothing game from Allen.  So sick of this crap.  Why do they even bother putting him on the field if they never throw to him in a plus matchup and perfect game script?

You're right; if he's covered like a blanket, force it in there anyway! What could happen? 

Just now, Members_Only_76 said:

“Any Given Sunday”....

That's part of it, sure.

You're talking about people as opposed to objects, and people are always changing, some days you're a little bit better at doing a thing and some days you're a little worse.

Also some individual players just match up better than others.  Sometimes a guy can look like a "good" corner when pressing a speedy guy who has gone over the top, but a "bad" corner when trying to switch off in a zone against a bigger guy, etc...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

That's part of it, sure.

You're talking about people as opposed to objects, and people are always changing, some days you're a little bit better at doing a thing and some days you're a little worse.

Also some individual players just match up better than others.  Sometimes a guy can look like a "good" corner when pressing a speedy guy who has gone over the top, but a "bad" corner when trying to switch off in a zone against a bigger guy, etc...

man all this talk has me missing playing 🏈 

• Like 1