Adrian Beltre

*Jim Kern

*Steve Stone

*B.Y. Kim

*Esteban Loaiza

*Carl Pavano

*Joe Charboneau

* Denotes Newest members of the HOF

How do you not include Joe Charboneau and Fidrych on the list -- is it because they were playing prior to Fantasy?

The topic is "Biggest one time wonders, Guys who exploded for Monster season out of blue"

I would not include them because they were GREAT prospects - they did not have their big years "out of the blue." They did have just the one great year, but not really out of the blue.

Also, the bets candidates to me are those that performed at a mediocre level prior to their great year, and then faded back to medicority thereafter.

Thus Beltre really does not qualify as a 1-hit wonder, since his career has been rather productive, even if he had that one monster year that no other years compare to. Plus, he is still not even 30 years old - too early to say he can never repeat what he did. People forget that since he debuted with 540 AB at 21 years old - he is not nearly as old as people think, despite this seaosn being his TENTH as afull time major leaguer.

Bret Boone also does not qualify, by the way. He had a THREE year strtech were he was a huge hitter (2001, 2002, 2003). He hd more than 100 RBI in each of those seasons (141, 107, 117), and had power also in other years (in 2001, he had 37 HR, but had 35 in 2003, and 24 in 1998 and 2002). His BA was off the charts in that big year, as well as RBI, but probably should not be on this list.

Even Hidalgo had some very productive seaosns after his monster. I am certain injuries sapped his production quite a bit - is it fair to include someone on thos list whose ability to repeat the mosnter year was hindered to to injuries?

Perosnally, I think the top 3 are: Brady Anderson (truly out of nowhere, despite a long career), Tatis and Ensberg.

Fun topic!

P.S. What about Tuffy Rhodes ... well not a season, but a GREAT week one year. Couldn't resist.

1996: Brady Anderson

A career .256 hitter averaging about 11 bombs a year hits .296 with 50 HRs.

Brady Anderson actually had some productive seasons, in fact before his infamous 50/20 season he had a 20/50 season.

Edited by os_gamejunkie

Ok here is the newest list of HOF One year wonders

Richard Hidalgo

Brady Anderson

Fernando Tatis

Bret Boone

Morgan Ensberg

Adrian Beltre

*Jim Kern

*Steve Stone

*B.Y. Kim

*Esteban Loaiza

*Carl Pavano

*Joe Charboneau

* Denotes Newest members of the HOF

I disagree with Jim Kern and Steve Stone those guys had more than one year and were good pitchers over their careers. Kern? Stone? Someone must not of followed their careers....they do not belong on this list. Particularly Kern.

I think Luis Gonzalez belongs on there too. He never did anything until that breakout season.

I disagree with Jim Kern and Steve Stone those guys had more than one year and were good pitchers over their careers. Kern? Stone? Someone must not of followed their careers....they do not belong on this list. Particularly Kern.

I think Luis Gonzalez belongs on there too. He never did anything until that breakout season.

Didnt want them there really, will edit them out of the next list, we got some good new names.

I need a catcher to field an One Year Wonder sqaud

Avery and Kim do not belong on this list. This is "one-time" wonders, correct? Avery had three excellent seasons before he got hurt and starting sucking. Kim had two fantastic seasons and one very good one before he was ruined by Grady Little's insane overuse.

More of a three year wonder... Jay Buhner

1995 86 R 40 HR 121 RBI

1996 107 R 44 HR 138 RBI

1997 104 R 40 HR 109 RBI

He never hit triple digits in R or RBI in any other season and never topped 27 HR in any other season. This is a guy who had 5,000+ career ABs over 15 seasons.

How in the world is Jay Buhner in this posting....you're talking a 300+ HR hitter...hit 20+ HRs in 8 of his 15 seasons. I don't get his inclusion at all.

Here's a one time wonder, only two games though:

1999 Juan Pena, 22 yr old P for the Red Sox.

2gs, 2-0, 13ip, 15Ks, 9h, 3bb, 1er, 0.69 ERA, 0.923 whip

I was at one of those games, purely electric stuff.

While pitching in Spring Training the next season he got hit in the elbow with a line drive, and that was that.

Never made it back.

Those are his final MLB stats.

Edited by frustrated