Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019-2020 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Pitchers and Catchers Report Day to all! Not sure if this is the place to put this, but indulge me for a few minutes if you feel like it. I have to admit this is the fourth year I've gotten sent

Michael Schur, creator of Parks & Rec and The Good Place, blasts one into the bleachers: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1224882392369786880.html?refreshed=yes  

FASTBALL:     CURVE:       CHANGE:        

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

 

What?  No Anderson Espinoza?  Haha!

But I want to see Gore in Boston.  And Patino.  Throw in Morejon as well, okay.  I said pretty please.  And I shudder at Wil Myers coming to Fenway.  I want Trammel instead.  I want it all!

A fringe pitcher and a catcher and a SS prospect.  Nay.

you know minor leaguers as good as anyone

Arias and Campusano are top 5 in most systems, Camp might be in the debate of no 1 C prospect

Quantrill, was great and tired down the stretch, I dont think the Sox have much leverage, they need to move so much cash and only have a year of Betts who is gonna walk

 

Edited by Golden Spikes
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Golden Spikes said:

you know minor leaguers as good as anyone

Arias and Campusano are top 5 in most systems

Quantrill, was great and tired down the stretch, I dont think the Sox have much leverage, they need to move so much cash and only have a year of Betts who is gonna walk

You mean you are being serious?  I wasn't.    😏

But a little serious.  I don't think Quantrill is that good.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You mean you are being serious?  I wasn't.    😏

But a little serious.  I don't think Quantrill is that good.

I think quantrill would be the Sox no 2. Not saying he’s great but he had a nice run as a rookie before tiring. Has the pedigree. 

Anyways was just mentioning the names I’ve heard in SD locally

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

I think quantrill would be the Sox no 2. Not saying he’s great but he had a nice run as a rookie before tiring. Has the pedigree. 

Anyways was just mentioning the names I’ve heard in SD locally

Thanks for the info.  Keep the rumors coming.  But I do honestly doubt Quantrill is better than Chris Sale, David Price (when not in one of his mental funks) and, of course, E-Rod who I'd name as the number 2 as I don't trust Price.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Cal Quantrill kinda sucks and if he’s traded with wil Myers for price and Betts the Red Sox GM should be fired on the spot

 

38 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks for the info.  Keep the rumors coming.  But I do honestly doubt Quantrill is better than Chris Sale, David Price (when not in one of his mental funks) and, of course, E-Rod who I'd name as the number 2 as I don't trust Price.

I forgot E-Rod

fwiw, Quantril had a 3.32 ERA and 8.8 K/9 heading into his start on Aug 27, hes 24 years old

then he hit a wall and gave up 8,8,8,4,2 runs over his final 5 starts to balloon his ERA

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Cal Quantrill kinda sucks and if he’s traded with wil Myers for price and Betts the Red Sox GM should be fired on the spot

Not if they get back some decent prospects.  And no, SD isn't interested in Price I assume since he isn't mentioned at all in the rumors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not if they get back some decent prospects.  And no, SD isn't interested in Price I assume since he isn't mentioned at all in the rumors.


nobody is.  That’s why they’re tying to attach him to a piece like Betts.  Boston isn’t going to take on Myers without sending an albatross contract back. They may be kicking the tires, but I don’t believe those rumors.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Reds have done some pretty nice work this off-season. They should be able to hang with Cards and def look better on paper than Brewers.

Have to think they are gonna be dealing now too.

To be honest, i am not impressed with what the Cardinals have done. Infact, outside of Cincy, i dont believe anybody in that division has really improved.

I think at this moment, if all their pieces mesh well and are productive, it is their division to lose. Cincy is in a good spot to win this division.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

 

done deal. Marte to DBacks.

OF of Calhoun, Marte, Peralta.

DBacks now have 2 Marte, along with Ketel, who now goes to 2B?

Do you think the addition of Marte puts the Dbacks ahead of the Dodgers? or is this still the Dodgers division in 2020?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

 

done deal. Marte to DBacks.

OF of Calhoun, Marte, Peralta.

DBacks now have 2 Marte, along with Ketel, who now goes to 2B?

 

Give them a lot of flexibility to play matchups. I would imagine Lamb, Ahmed and Walker will lose some PT (maybe even Calhoun based on matchup).

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jonninho said:

Do you think the addition of Marte puts the Dbacks ahead of the Dodgers? or is this still the Dodgers division in 2020?

 

I don't think it's puts them ahead of the Dodgers. without looking at both teams I'm not sure DBacks have a chance to overtake the Dodgers, but this should put the DBacks in the wild card race. last season Arizona was only 4 games behind Milwaukee who got the last wildcard spot.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...