NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019-2020 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

But it’s only after teams agree to a trade that their trainers make available their organization’s complete files on player medical histories. Those files include MRIs and other images, trainer notes, and virtually every detail about a player’s medical history since his entry into professional baseball — thus offering far more thorough information than is known before a trade agreement.

I found an article. No clue how to paste the link. Here’s a paragraph that helps me understand the process more clearly.

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Pitchers and Catchers Report Day to all! Not sure if this is the place to put this, but indulge me for a few minutes if you feel like it. I have to admit this is the fourth year I've gotten sent

Michael Schur, creator of Parks & Rec and The Good Place, blasts one into the bleachers: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1224882392369786880.html?refreshed=yes  

FASTBALL:     CURVE:       CHANGE:        

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

What are you talking about?  You make the trade then do the meds.  Been that way forever.

Was joking and being sarcastic :)

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Remind me how many days after the trade was finalized did the Red Sox veto’d the deal? You think the Sox flew in Graterol to Boston to check him out in a special Boston x-Ray machine or did they view some mysterious medical records that confirmed he was only going to be a reliever? 

I can’t for the life of me understand what you and the other Red Sox fan are so stuck on. The medical reports were out, there were so many links that cited sources that Graterol had some problems whether it was from the Tommy John surgery to shoulder impingement and he might be best suited for bullpen work. The Red Sox wanted a starter instead after seeing something now they view him as a reliever. Makes zero sense. 

It was reported about 1 day later... MLBPA head Tony Clark later made a statement he was upset the medical information that you guys claim didn't exist leaked, in supposedly what was an effort for the MLBPA to cover up for the Red Sox i guess reading of hurtful internet comments. 😆

Shake, your 2nd paragraph makes me groan. Are you purposely being disingenous here? Come on man. The medical reports weren't "out", the public has no access to them. The past injuries were not the issue what so ever. Don't move the goal posts. It makes zero sense to you because you are either ignoring what everyone has said or just trolling, I don't know... There's a lust of guys here pegged bullpen arms like Severino and Luis Castillo that became starters through development and sone teams misread.

9 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Problem is when you do your homework youre reading rotoworld blurbs and tweets not someone's confidential medical records protected by hipaa compliance. 

brock... You guys are literally doing the same thing here. Lmao 

But your previous post is right, I'm leaving this alone. Can't reason with people that want to reject facts and believe in fairy tales.

I wonder what the punishment for MLBPA head Tony Clark will be for playing a role in the cover up by being upset that a players private medical info that doesn't exist was leaked. Will be interesting. 

I can't believe the day came when i actually defended this loathsome ownership group.

I'm moving on...

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

Maybe the Red Sox don’t blow a team up with Mookie Betts if 7 teams make the playoffs 👀

I think maybe opposite. They can get rid of Betts and still sneak in pretty easily with 7 teams. I can see a lot of the good small market teams constantly lowering salary to stay "relevant" but not totally sell. Milwaukee Brewers this year are a good example of that.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sagrim said:

In other non-dead horse news:

Manfred wants to change the playoff structure. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mlb.nbcsports.com/2020/02/10/report-mlb-planning-radical-changes-to-playoff-format/amp/

Baseball Thanksgiving Day games now, woot.   Yeah 14 teams in the playoffs would be insane.  Then the following year they could go up one more and there could be 8 in each leg with one slot each automatically reserved for Baltimore and Pittsburgh because ... reasons.

Cole Hamels hurt, Chris Sale "sick", it's definitely baseball season allright!!! Pitchers are starting to drop like flies. 

28 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

Cole Hamels shoulder pain and shut down. Will be evaluated in 2-3 weeks. 

And his replacement:

Have to think if Hamels is shut down 3 weeks when he'd be starting to build up now at best he will be limited to start the season.

6 minutes ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Is Puig close to landing anywhere or is he going to be a mid-season add somewhere?

Not close anywhere, but I'd be shocked if he's not on a team prior to opening day.

2 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Good off season news for those owning Oakland's two young pitchers:

The A's dont really have any reason to limit young arms when they'll only be on the MLB team for 3 years.

• Haha 1

Pretty sure we’d be friends if we lived near each other. Jr, Tank, and Bo were my favorites. Got a cat named Griffey and my 1st born son is named Vincent(Bo’s real name). Cried really hard the day Jose died. Probably the same feeling some had during the Kobe disaster. Jose’s curve ball, pre Tommy John, was the nastiest pitch I’ve seen since The Big Unit’s slide piece.

Thanks for sharing. Brightened my day as well.

• Like 2
On 2/8/2020 at 12:23 PM, kidtwentytwo said:

Red Sox trying to take the most incompetent organization award away from the Rockies.

Rockies scrambling to bring back Jeff Cirillo and Nefei Perez to take away playing time from Arenado and Story to preserve the title

It's cute that Rockies fans think they have the most incompetent organization.

"Hi." - Lifelong Seattle Mariners fan.

• Haha 3
On 2/8/2020 at 12:23 PM, kidtwentytwo said:

Red Sox trying to take the most incompetent organization award away from the Rockies.

Since 2004, only one team has won 4 times.

Boston has to fix the streets, from so many victory parades.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

It's cute that Rockies fans think they have the most incompetent organization.

"Hi." - Lifelong Seattle Mariners fan.

It's a 4 horse race

All time win%

TAMP BAY .473

SEATTLE .471

COLORADO .471

SAN DIEGO .461