NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019-2020 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

6 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Since 2004, only one team has won 4 times.

Boston has to fix the streets, from so many victory parades.

Since 2010 only 1 team has won it 3 times.

Are you claiming the giants are a top run organization?

Or just picking start dates to fit a narrative. Is anyone still on the team from that '04 win?

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Pitchers and Catchers Report Day to all! Not sure if this is the place to put this, but indulge me for a few minutes if you feel like it. I have to admit this is the fourth year I've gotten sent

Michael Schur, creator of Parks & Rec and The Good Place, blasts one into the bleachers: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1224882392369786880.html?refreshed=yes  

FASTBALL:     CURVE:       CHANGE:        

Posted Images

3 hours ago, itslarry said:

Since 2010 only 1 team has won it 3 times.

Are you claiming the giants are a top run organization?

Or just picking start dates to fit a narrative. Is anyone still on the team from that '04 win?

Yes, SF is.

Any time you win 3 it 4, in a short time frame.

• Like 1

Some news of a passing:

(CNN) Tony Fernandez, a five-time Major League Baseball All-Star over 17 seasons, has died at 57, the Toronto Blue Jays tweeted on Sunday.

He suffered a stroke and had been struggling with kidney issues, the team said.

"The Toronto Blue Jays are deeply saddened by the passing of Tony Fernandez today, one of our club's most celebrated and respected players," the team said. "Enshrined forever in Blue Jays history on the Level of Excellence, Tony left an equally indelible mark in the hearts of a generation of Blue Jays fans during his 12 unforgettable seasons with the team."

This seems like a pretty terrible idea for Boston, but I have to admit I would suddenly be a buyer of Myers if he were headed to the Sox. I added him in one of my leagues in the off chance it happens.

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, meh2 said:

This seems like a pretty terrible idea for Boston, but I have to admit I would suddenly be a buyer of Myers if he were headed to the Sox. I added him in one of my leagues in the off chance it happens.

Boston is after Cal Quantril and Padres want to tie him together with Myers and his contract.  His stupid contract isn't up until 2022 so hope the Red Sox don't go for it.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Boston is after Cal Quantril and Padres want to tie him together with Myers and his contract.  His stupid contract isn't up until 2022 so hope the Red Sox don't go for it.

I don't see how or why they would take on Myers contract unless they are completely panicking about Verdugo's back. 

• 8 months later...
On 2/4/2020 at 9:23 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:
On 2/4/2020 at 8:10 PM, MrBrown said:

Dodgers are so dumb.  Red Sox made out great on this one.  They're bailed out by LA again.

Dodgers earning more good karma with another bail-out.  Bless their little hearts.  Remind me to send them a thank you note.

Congrats on hands down the worst takes of the year on this forum.   Trade and contract justified in one year. 

We'll be writing you the "thank you notes" 

S

C

O

R

E

B

O

A

R

D

• Haha 2

[...]  Dodgers gave up a good regular and a good prospect for the 2nd best player in baseball (which was a smaller comparative haul) l, but unlike the Lakers, those were depth pieces for them. Like if Betts had just an OK year and didn't re-sign, I don't think that return haunts them. Lux is a top 10, or top 5 prospect (before he just graduated), similar to Kyle Tucker last year...and he hasn't even found a place in their lineup yet. Imagine trading away the 2nd best player to the team who wins the championship and still have a worse farm than them?

Just saw this yesterday too....ouch

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/mookie-betts-initially-thought-he-would-be-red-sox-life

Edited by tonycpsu
Don't bring in drama from elsewhere to dunk on people.
  • Like 1

Zack Meisel of The Athletic reports that the Indians have placed Brad Hand on outright waivers.

Cleveland will decline his $10 million option for 2021 if he goes unclaimed, per Meisel. Hand registered an excellent 2.05 ERA, 0.77 WHIP, and 29/4 K/BB ratio over 22 innings in 2020 while racking up a league-high 16 saves, but many teams are looking to cut costs after a season without gate revenue. Rising relief star James Karinchak is a good bet to take over as the primary closer for the Indians next year.

James Karinchak Time!