NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019-2020 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

5 hours ago, itslarry said:

Gordon hayward at 30 as an example.

Chris paul at 38

john freakin wall at 38 and hasnt played in like 2 years

Tobia harris/middleton/PAUL MILLSAP over 30

Westbrook gonna look worse than pujols pretty soon.

Lots of players got max deals because the dalary cap went up. 

But by the same token, players much better than those guys have to take the same max deal right?

• Replies 941
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Happy Pitchers and Catchers Report Day to all! Not sure if this is the place to put this, but indulge me for a few minutes if you feel like it. I have to admit this is the fourth year I've gotten sent

Michael Schur, creator of Parks & Rec and The Good Place, blasts one into the bleachers: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1224882392369786880.html?refreshed=yes  

FASTBALL:     CURVE:       CHANGE:        

Posted Images

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

RW needs to stop reporting on teams checking in or remain interested. We get it. Sorry just venting as all quiet on the baseball front.😩

I agree with this. it's not news that team X is interested or thinking about being interested.

BREAKING NEWS! Didi to Philly.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Really glad my Angels didn't sign him for that amount. With that said, they won't be sniffing the playoffs yet again in 2020.

ya i dont blame you.  dumb deal IMO.  

• Like 1

Mazara to the White Sox. Not that they gave up much but I don’t really like this move for Chicago. Yes, he hits righties at 10% better than league average, but the rest of his game stinks. With Eloy occupying one of the corner spots they should’ve looked for a better defensive option. Luis Robert is going to need a helmet and shoulder pads playing out there in between these two stiffs.

Edited by meh2
5 hours ago, meh2 said:

Mazara to the White Sox. Not that they gave up much but I don’t really like this move for Chicago. Yes, he hits righties at 10% better than league average, but the rest of his game stinks. With Eloy occupying one of the corner spots they should’ve looked for a better defensive option. Luis Robert is going to need a helmet and shoulder pads playing out there in between these two stiffs.

Yeah I don't get this deal at all. 

1 minute ago, Hanghow said:

Y'all are really worried about the payroll of the freakin' Yankees!? What planet is this?

I'm not, it's business as usual for the Yankees, just trying to buy another championship or 2.

9 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

horrible deal for yanks

Great deal ... why do you care about money? You and me ain’t paying for this contract. 
the Yankees needed a front end starter and his name is Gerrit Cole. It’s time to win some World Series. 

Cole, Sevy, Paxton, Tanaka & German (?) .... 

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Great deal ... why do you care about money? You and me ain’t paying for this contract. 
the Yankees needed a front end starter and his name is Gerrit Cole. It’s time to win some World Series. 

Cole, Sevy, Paxton, Tanaka & German (?) .... 

Fans who going to the games sure as heck  are going to pay for it.

Hes a legit ace on a team that needed one. Yankees are going to male some deep runs woth this guy leading the way. At least 5 solid years