NBC Sports Edge Forums

Do I have a drop for Marcus Smart? WHIR

Smart should get some solid #s with hayward out (who i also happen to have...ugh). Do I have a drop for him? Team below:

Guards: Lillard, Conley, Rubio, Will Barton

Forwards: PG13 (IR), Hayward (out), Middleton (out), RoCo, PJ Washington, Jabari Parker

Bigs: Ayton (out), BroLo, Tristan Thompson, Cody Zeller

Only drop I can think of is PJ, but he's been playing pretty well too.

If you wanted to do this, it seems to me like Zeller might be the best option, especially with Ayton coming back at some point and making sure that you don't completely tank the big man cats.

Smart will help you shore up 3s and steals while taking a hit in FG and rbs. 

I own PJ as well and wouldn't pull the trigger on this one. I think his ROS is way too intriguing.

15 minutes ago, Malvern_Uprising said:

If you wanted to do this, it seems to me like Zeller might be the best option, especially with Ayton coming back at some point and making sure that you don't completely tank the big man cats.

Smart will help you shore up 3s and steals while taking a hit in FG and rbs. 

I own PJ as well and wouldn't pull the trigger on this one. I think his ROS is way too intriguing.

Yeah PJ is way too versatile and upside-full haha. So you think Cody is the drop huh? Would hate to do that as I feel like he has value for ROS as opposed to temporary. 

But like you said, I'll have Ayton coming back soon. Hmmm

Definitely don't drop PJW.  He gives you everything, with solid minutes and almost no competition for minutes.  I'm waiting for them to add the C eligibility to his SF/PF, haha.

FWIW, he's ranked 59 on Yahoo, above guys like Bam, Beal, Simmons, Gobert, and Jrue.  Sure, it's Yahoo, but still goes to show you how valuable he is.

Zeller's a decent (and probably only) drop if you want Smart.  Barton's a second, but I'd rather hold him than Zeller.

I always look at needs of team...  I would be hard pressed to drop Zeller, that would leave you with 2 centers (one of whom doesn’t rebound), to hold down the fort till Ayton returns in mid-December. You are solid at the guard position. As tempted as I would be to make a move, I think I’d stay put.