NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Successful Curry Trades?

lacit1707

Yikes.  Yeah, I definitely get needing to move Curry with those injuries.

I strongly disagree with the other poster.  You'll be able to get something, even in a 10-teamer, since most owners would be thrilled to stash a 1st rounder on their IL if it's free.  However, I do think that you should be realistic.  If you really want to move Curry, I'd ask for an early mid-rounder and start trying to haggle from there.  Target someone like SGA and then negotiate a price.

19 minutes ago, vyun said:

Curry for SGA is laughable and would be vetoed. Nobody would even entertain Steph for someone near the caliber of FVV/Graham/Murray. Best case scenario you could get a hot WW pickup like Bog or Boucher, but if you've been holding Curry instead of picking them up, that's why your team's not doing well

Curry has been on my IL since he went down.... then Myles Turner has been out.... then in a week i lost Hayward and Middleton... so NOW i have to make a move on Curry....

I was able to get Dame + a 2nd round rookie draft pick for Curry + Troy Brown in dynasty before they announced the 3 month timetable. In a redraft I'd imagine you might be able get an end of bench guy from one of the top teams in your league. Try and sell the 3 month timetable as January and not post ASB, which is more likely.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, vyun said:

Curry for SGA is laughable and would be vetoed. Nobody would even entertain Steph for someone near the caliber of FVV/Graham/Murray. Best case scenario you could get a hot WW pickup like Bog or Boucher, but if you've been holding Curry instead of picking them up, that's why your team's not doing well

The point of targeting SGA isn't necessarily to get him, but to find a happy medium, as I've already said in the context of my previous post.  Soft positional bargaining.  It's fine to get a trade rejected, as long as you can determine with the other owner what his value for his (and your players) are, and to negotiate a proper price.

As far as trading your #1 pick for Boucher, I personally think THAT'S laughable.  I'd rather have 20 games from Curry than about a dozen from Boucher, who's gonna go back to the bench once Ibaka is healthy again.

10 minutes ago, lacit1707 said:

someone just countered... im thinking about taking this..thoughts?

My Curry, Jrue Holiday and Myles Turner

for

Aldridge, Isiah Thomas, Ingram, S. Adams

Errr ... I'd hold Jrue, since he's obviously a buy-low candidate (Dr A just posted an article titled "TARGET JRUE HOLIDAY RIGHT NOW" with him on the front cover).

If you really need to trade Curry, I'd try to avoid including your poor performing players in any trades, since they're at least warm bodies (active) even if they're slumping.  It also should be said that the guys on the other team aren't even performing that well.  The whole point of you trying to rid yourself of injured players is to improve. You'll only be marginally better off by getting those players, even over injured ones.  

EDIT: I just asked my brother since he coincidentally owns all those 3 players in a 9-cat standard league (along with Middleton and Ayton) ... he's in last place like you, with a single IL spot, and he said heck no.  It's a long season.  Do you really think trading away your 3 best players gives you even a chance at winning the championship in a shallow league?  And hell, do you even think you'd survive to the playoffs with those other guys?

Edited by MWon