NBC Sports Edge Forums

Colin Kaepernick 2019 Outlook

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let me see.....what team do I hate the most....

On pure merit, Colin Karpernick is one of the 20 best QBs on the planet. He didn't need to improve. He was already an above average NFL starter. 

Posted Images

Kaepernick's running ability gave tantalizing upside to his game for fantasy.  His first full season as a starter, 2013, he ran for 524 yards and 4 TDs; the next season he went for 639 and 1 TD.  The real question is whether Kaepernick's legs are what they used to be.  The guy got big plays in the passing game but was never very accurate.  If he can't add yardage on the ground I don't see him as anything better than around QB20.  It would be interesting if a team would bring him in to run some Taysom Hill-like gadget plays.

So is the reason he has been out of the league so long because he has been declining workouts that he is now willing to do in week 11 of the 2019 season?

Didnt think so. 

Doubt anyone shows up. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A team like Buffalo might make sense.  Somewhere that's already committed to running with the QB, has a strong defense, can quickly implement some of those option plays if he's needed like when he had success in SF.  He's probably better than Matt Barkley at backing up Allen.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

Bears so the trubisky memes can flow 

The Mccaskeys are never going to sign Kaep. 

How about Denver? Cincy? Indy? Tampa (if they are going to move on from Jameis)? Seattle to back up Russ? 

5 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

A team like Buffalo might make sense.  Somewhere that's already committed to running with the QB, has a strong defense, can quickly implement some of those option plays if he's needed like when he had success in SF.  He's probably better than Matt Barkley at backing up Allen.

This makes a lot of sense.  I think a lot of teams were gun shy about Kaepernick as a backup because you have to change the whole offense if he comes off the bench.  (Tebow ran into the same problem.)  He would probably fit best in Buffalo's or Baltimore's offenses.

• Like 1
Just now, KennyWoo said:

This makes a lot of sense.  I think a lot of teams were gun shy about Kaepernick as a backup because you have to change the whole offense if he comes off the bench.  (Tebow ran into the same problem.)  He would probably fit best in Buffalo's or Baltimore's offenses.

Baltimore could work too, but they already have RGIII so might be too many cooks.

I'm sure if anyone was willing to sign the guy they would call him... not RSVP to some weird personal promo day in Atlanta. 

This is likely some sort of advertising stunt for Nike to do another lame ad campaign or something. 

Edited by LongBalls
  • Like 2
39 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Just thinking about Kaep, Lindsay, Freeman, Sutton, Fant and a Vic Fangio defense. That tasty.

Very.  Cept the last time he played organized football, he was beaten out by Blaine freakin' Gabbert.  Do you honestly think, he's improved his passing skills by throwing around an orange Nerf, over the last three years?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Very.  Cept the last time he played organized football, he was beaten out by Blaine freakin' Gabbert.  Do you honestly think, he's improved his passing skills by throwing around an orange Nerf, over the last three years?

On pure merit, Colin Karpernick is one of the 20 best QBs on the planet. He didn't need to improve. He was already an above average NFL starter. 

Edited by ajs723
  • Haha 7
5 minutes ago, Goatstain3 said:

Very.  Cept the last time he played organized football, he was beaten out by Blaine freakin' Gabbert. 

Do you honestly think, he's improved his passing skills by throwing around an orange Nerf, over the last three years?

Michael Vick 2006-2009?  🤔

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I feel bad for the guy but maybe some team will sign him as a backup. Buffalo/Denver made sense

Elway offered Kaep a backup deal in 2016 and Kaep refused because the money was too low. Elway was then on record saying that he was no longer interested in Kaep in 2018, and that Kaep "had his chance" to accept the offer back then. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24393172/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-had-chance-denver-broncos-passed

Edited by vercrazy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, vercrazy said:

Elway offered Kaep a backup deal in 2016 and Kaep refused because the money was too low. Elway was then on record saying that he was no longer interested in Kaep in 2018, and that Kaep "had his chance" to accept the offer back then. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24393172/john-elway-colin-kaepernick-had-chance-denver-broncos-passed

Depends what they offered him. It doesn’t say in the article but if it was a trash offer I don’t know why he’d take it 

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Depends what they offered him. It doesn’t say in the article but if it was a trash offer I don’t know why he’d take it 

A trash offer that is your only offer is one you should take, unless you don't want to work.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, vercrazy said:

Elway offered Kaep a backup deal in 2016 and Kaep refused because

the money was too low.

Elway was then on record saying that he was no longer interested in Kaep in 2018, and that Kaep "had his chance" to accept the offer back then. 

🤣

2012: Brock Osweiler 

• 2015: Trevor Siemian (seventh round, 250th overall).

• 2016: Paxton Lynch (first round, 26th overall)

• 2018: Case Keenum  Paid $25 million for a year,  NFL’s 29th-rated QB.

• 2019: Joe Flacco 

• 2019: Drew Lock 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

The last year he started, he went 1-10, with a QBR of 49.5.  Unless the definition of "merit" has changed in the last two days, I strongly disagree.

• Like 3