NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 MLB Sign Stealing Discussion

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It amazes me the Astros never traded for Brett Gardner... Dude was a perfect fit for their system.

There is, here you go:  

Astros need to stop and apologizing and just turn full heel. This should be their new coaching staff... Head Coach: Carlos Beltran Hitting Coach: Pete Rose Pitching Coach: Roger Clemens

Posted Images

I hope this year is filled with pitchers drilling hitters and brawls. I hope Bregman and Altuve get drilled so much they gotta take some time off with sore ribs. Especially that smug Bregman.

https://twitter.com/ATTSportsNetSW/status/1048748222481457152?s=20

Edited by StevieStats
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Homie was already high on my board but he's moving on up with that.

Im drafting him in the 1st round. lol. He has already been on record saying if MLB doesnt do anything about this.. he will take it into his own hands via his flamethrower of a FB,

• Like 2

Any release from MLB after everything that’s gone in game since early 90s holds zero weight.  The whole organization has sold out to the dollar as hard as the most criminal organizations in the world.  Turned a blind eye to now MULTIPLE massive cheating scandals at the root of their sport.  I think it’s safe to say anything MLB has to say on any matter is as good as the dump I’m about to take.  They need to gut the whole commissioners office.  Last commissioner with a spine banned a dude for life who bet on his own team to win baseball games.  So what Pete Rose did as a manager outlaws him from the hall?  When numerous dudes who injected roids are making it?  I’m sure in 10-15 years nobody will remember the Astros players having a symphony telling them what pitch was coming and they’ll get in.  The whole system is bull****.  Mlb can take that statement and shove it up their a**.  Probably means it’s more likely Mike Trout is as juiced as Bonds was since they’re commenting on it now.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks for this post.  Some highlights:

I agree.  Everyone is using something and always will.  Toronto did it for decades at the old park.  But like he says, some get targeted and others get left off the hook. 

Meanwhile you can solve at least 90% if not more of this with a buzzer on the pitcher instead sending him the signals.

Oddly, this was all before McDowell was in the majors. He never played for LaRussa. 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, StevieStats said:

I hope this year is filled with pitchers drilling hitters and brawls. I hope Bregman and Altuve get drilled so much they gotta take some time off with sore ribs. Especially that smug Bregman.

https://twitter.com/ATTSportsNetSW/status/1048748222481457152?s=20

I dont hope that. The game doesn't need that ugliness. However, I would like to see the cheaters have terrible seasons. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I like that they had to released a statement based off one guy posting a reddit comment. Next you know they'll respond to my nonsense.

A lot of people love a good conspiracy theory without any real evidence.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I dont hope that. The game doesn't need that ugliness. However, I would like to see the cheaters have terrible seasons. 

Ugliness? Guys developed elaborate illegal schemes to take awards, money, wins, and championships from other players... It doesn't get worse. The fans paid hard earned money to watch a farce. 

...and yet those players responsible skate scott free. 

Hardnose baseball and drilling cheating scoundrels isn't ugliness, is justified punishment -- if the players don't police themselves it will never go away.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Ugliness? Guys developed elaborate illegal schemes to take awards, money, wins, and championships from other players... It doesn't get worse. The fans paid hard earned money to watch a farce. 

Hardnose baseball and drilling cheating scoundrels isn't ugliness, is justified punishment -- if the players don't police themselves it will never go away.

They should throw fastballs at MLB then for not punishing the players (and probably the MLBPA too). And I can't think that taking a beanball next year will prevent cheating in the future. Just my opinion. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

That is not "policing."  That is vigilantism at it's worse and just plain stupid.  I am sick of idiotic caveman behavior in baseball.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Damn right. If my team is playing Houston my pitchers are throwing at them, and they better make sure Altuve & the rest of those cheating scoundrels goes down... my team is going headhunting and every team needs to get on board. 

25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That is not "policing."  That is vigilantism at it's worse and just plain stupid.  I am sick of idiotic caveman behavior in baseball.

We need some caveman mentality so let’s call Charles Bronson 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Damn right. If my team is playing Houston my pitchers are throwing at them, and they better make sure Altuve & the rest of those cheating scoundrels goes down... my team is going headhunting and every team needs to get on board. 

We need some caveman mentality so let’s call Charles Bronson 

Yeah let's hope those guys can cause some real brain damage!

While I love sports in general, baseball has always been my passion. I played little league, collected baseball cards, reenacted the Kirk Gibson 88 world series home run arm pump, owned multiple Nintendo baseball games, read fangraphs articles religiously, develop nerdy spreadsheets for fantasy baseball (the only fantasy sport I play), and follow more news about the game than I should. This whole sign stealing thing is really disheartening to me. I was finally over the PED issues, then this comes into fruition. I'm so jaded over the game right now. It's sad. I hope MLB can fix this problem, but considering that 2 of the last 3 championships have been implicated, it's a horrible stain on the game. I still love baseball, but I'm not "in love". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

While I love sports in general, baseball has always been my passion. I played little league, collected baseball cards, reenacted the Kirk Gibson 88 world series home run arm pump, owned multiple Nintendo baseball games, read fangraphs articles religiously, develop nerdy spreadsheets for fantasy baseball (the only fantasy sport I play), and follow more news about the game than I should. This whole sign stealing thing is really disheartening to me. I was finally over the PED issues, then this comes into fruition. I'm so jaded over the game right now. It's sad. I hope MLB can fix this problem, but considering that 2 of the last 3 championships have been implicated, it's a horrible stain on the game. I still love baseball, but I'm not "in love". 

If you have one near you, try going to a minor league game or two next season. Good for what ails a fan jaded with the majors.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

While I love sports in general, baseball has always been my passion. I played little league, collected baseball cards, reenacted the Kirk Gibson 88 world series home run arm pump, owned multiple Nintendo baseball games, read fangraphs articles religiously, develop nerdy spreadsheets for fantasy baseball (the only fantasy sport I play), and follow more news about the game than I should.

You sound like me. Poor guy!

Except I’m a Royals fan.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 1/17/2020 at 2:13 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

Thanks for this post.  Some highlights:

I agree.  Everyone is using something and always will.  Toronto did it for decades at the old park.  But like he says, some get targeted and others get left off the hook. 

Meanwhile you can solve at least 90% if not more of this with a buzzer on the pitcher instead sending him the signals.

Is the catcher just supposed to guess what’s coming?!

52 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Is the catcher just supposed to guess what’s coming?!

The catcher should have the buzzer keypad in something like a harden hand warmer sleeve type of device attached to his chest protector that hides his hand and where he can slip his hand into and buzz the pitcher what to throw.