NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Nemanja Bjelica 2019-2020 Outlook

smeeze

On 12/14/2019 at 2:59 AM, Obliviate said:

I'd like to blame Josh Lloyd for repeatedly saying that he'll be right next to irrelevant when Bagley gets back.. Feels like Broussard sometimes just blowing all that smoke.

This was the main reason why I put in a waiver claim. I respect his opinion, but he talks too much sometimes. During his babbling, he didn't realize that Bagley been playing all Center minutes. Bjelica still getting the PF workload.

I wouldn’t listen to Lloyd on most things, he’s a blow hard who gets a ton of stuff wrong and is supremely confident about it. I see way more guys on here nail predictions than he does. 

Bjelica was dropped in my league, I was maxed out on moves, lost out on him by one hour prior to my moves refreshing, then that dude dropped him, he was once again waivered one day before bagley returned. 

I had multiple reasons for thinking it’s sustainable. He won over Walton with his play, topped off by his clutch game winner against Houston. 

when I saw that i knew it was inevitable they’ll open up front court minutes for him to back up two spots, which makes a ton of sense due to their lack of depth upfront, so it never made sense why lloyd just wrote him off, but it’s why I regret getting a bbm subscription after seeing how often he’s wrong.

Edited by Lifschitz

2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I wouldn’t listen to Lloyd at all, he’s a blow hard who gets a ton of stuff wrong and is supremely confident about it. I see way more guys on here nail predictions than he does. 

he was dropped in my league, I was maxed out on moves, lost out on him by one hour prior to my moves refreshing, then that dude dropped him, he was once again waivered one day before bagley returned. 

I had multiple reasons for thinking it’s sustainable. He won over Walton with his play, topped off by his clutch game winner against Houston. 

when I saw that i knew it was inevitable they’ll open up front court minutes for him to back up two spots, which makes a ton of sense due to their lack of depth upfront, so it never made sense why lloyd just wrote him off, but it’s why I regret getting a bbm subscription after seeing how often he’s wrong.

I only watched a handful of videos of his this season. 

What turned me away was he emphatically kept on saying Danuel House was a mid round guy while in the same breath sh*tted on P.J.Tucker. Like really man?

One doesn't have to listen to anyone who may or may not have a surname that sounds like a UK bank.

It's all about goals and priorities. If the Kings' main priority this season is to earn a playoff seed over players' development (which I think it is), then Bjelica is going to average 28-30 mins ros.

Why? Because he's more experienced and simply a better basketball player than Bagley at this stage.

Yeah eventually he will be pushed back to low 20s or even high tens of they keep playing Arizs this much. He could be currently more useful than Bagley, but he is still terrible defender and provides no upside for fantasy or real life. It has been a good ride but this move shows their intentions. They have to teach Bagley and Holmes to play together.

Edited by RipCity0

Sac is much better team with Bjelica on the court and Bogdan (who will be traded since they think Fox, barnes(overrated bum) and Hield are better players lol)... they were losing early when fox and marvin were healthy and started wining games with Bogi and Bjelica. Now they are going to be trash again.

On 12/23/2019 at 10:31 AM, nikogucci said:

One doesn't have to listen to anyone who may or may not have a surname that sounds like a UK bank.

It's all about goals and priorities. If the Kings' main priority this season is to earn a playoff seed over players' development (which I think it is), then Bjelica is going to average 28-30 mins ros.

Why? Because he's more experienced and simply a better basketball player than Bagley at this stage.

Sorry but he’s not a better player than Bagley. He’s a better 3pt shooter, that is all. Bagley is the more diverse player and brings way more to the table when on the floor. Bjielica is a good player who deserves minutes in this league,  but there is no way he is a better player than Bagley. I think you have recency bias due to injuries. 

5 hours ago, Pumbaa said:

Sac is much better team with Bjelica on the court and Bogdan (who will be traded since they think Fox, barnes(overrated bum) and Hield are better players lol)... they were losing early when fox and marvin were healthy and started wining games with Bogi and Bjelica. Now they are going to be trash again.

Hield is better than Bogdan. The guys a lights out shooter and saved them many times. Bogdan is a better playmaker, but he doesn’t bring that dynamism to the court all the time and he disappears and stops being aggressive. I think you are just bias towards the players you have in your fantasy team. He’s also hobbled by injuries and hasn’t been as effective as he was when Fox was out. I’d like for Bogdan to play over Barnes, but he’d get killed defensively by faster, stronger and larger players. He’s also asking for a lot of money in free agency. Kings are a better team when all the players are healthy, issue is how Walton uses them. Not about one guy being better than another. 

1 hour ago, Pumbaa said:

I agree that walton is the biggest problem there, bad coach.

Eh there's more to it than that. The original plan when the season began was to start the season with Dedmon/Bagley starting, but due to the injuries they shifted to Holmes and Bjelica. Along with the injuries to Fox and now Bogdan, they have had to mix and match just need to give them time to gel. But itll be interesting to see what they do with lineups, also Barnes and Hield their highest paid players are slumping hard right now.

• 2 weeks later...