NBC Sports EDGE Forums

lowry for wendell carter jr.

rotojoe

I can't hang on to all these injured players. We have 2 IL slots and I have Curry, Oladipo, and Lowry (also Onunoby and House but they are day to day). One option is to drop Curry, since some people think he won't be back this year. But what about trading Lowry for someone of value? Maybe Wendell Carter Jr.? Or other targets who might be underperforming, like Markkanen, Oubre, Tobias Harris?

Highly doubt you'll get Toby.  Dude might be "slumping", but even if the points aren't there for him, he's still producing in other ways.  If you can get Toby, it's probably worth a slight dropoff in production to get a warm body, as well as one without risk of trade or re-injury/rest.  It's also not like the Raptors don't have FVV to take over.

I'd still hold onto Curry, but if you want to trade Lowry, I'd expect most people to low-ball you.  Can you really not wait a week just to see his timetable?

If possible just hold Lowry, he’s way better than the likes of Carter Jr. or Oubre. If you’re that desperate, than trading for Tobias is only a small decrease in value. Dropping Curry is a possibility, but someone who has an available spot would definitely scoop him up and it might come back to haunt you later.