NBC Sports Edge Forums

Eliminated? Who’s on your 2020 DND List?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone on a Nagy coached team.

David Johnson

Not eliminated anywhere yet (CSB) but a few names I know for a fact I will not draft next year: David Johnson - looks done and I believe he'll be 29 next year David Montgomery - assuming Nag

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Forgot about Odell, but you are down on JuJu with a healthy Ben? I mean he may be old, but I think he'll be better. Diontae Johnson should be better too giving another option. I really think they should slot JuJu next year. I'd take a chance on him, of course not reaching like people did this year though.

I feel great about Juju when Ben is healthy. He had a non contact elbow injury though that required surgery. He’ll be 38. And we’ve seen Juju can’t perform without Ben. Just not sure I want to take the gamble on how many games ben will play. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I feel this. I only have 2 team this year (every year) and this season has been frustrating. I’m 6-5 and 7-4 but there is 0 consistency week to week from all but a few players. Add in injuries and it’s really been a frustrating year. These coaches are morons and don’t use their best players half the games. Then lose and go “I should’ve run the ball more or should’ve thrown to player X more” drives me crazy. That being said 

We are in total agreement there. This was probably the most unclear draft/auction year I’ve ever seen in 20 years, thus leading to the most frustrating season ever. Most of the “high value” players turned out to be duds, & the later “upside” guys have been inconsistent. 

2 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

I feel great about Juju when Ben is healthy. He had a non contact elbow injury though that required surgery. He’ll be 38. And we’ve seen Juju can’t perform without Ben. Just not sure I want to take the gamble on how many games ben will play. 

I think he can be fine without Ben, as long as he has someone better than Mason MF’ing Rudolph, who they trust to throw more than 5 yards down the field.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Everyone is on my DND. I'm retiring. The random injuries kill the fun. Lost last night because I lost Hill. Guys get injured in the first few minutes of the first quarter way too often. Between Hill and Barkley this year, then Hill yesterday and Sanders the week before that, I am just done. Should barely make the playoffs but won't do much with half my wide receivers now injured. I also have Cooks. Who knows if he will even make it through a game this week or even play for that matter.

If I did come back next year, I can't really say yet without knowing the teams and coaches. I agree though, nobody under Nagy. I'd stay away from most players on the Rams. No RB from the Bucs. Lev Bell if he's still with the Jets. All Cincy players. Anybody under Kingsbury except Kyler. SF backfield. So many...

I kind of feel this.   Normally, I'm a little sad when the FF season ends and I'm already looking forward to next year.   Still listening to the podcasts...keeping up with the news.

But this year, I'm pretty burnt out on it all.   I'm sure that could change but right now, I'm kind of ready to be done.  

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I think he can be fine without Ben, as long as he has someone better than Mason MF’ing Rudolph, who they trust to throw more than 5 yards down the field.

Juju has tons of skill, but they kept the training wheels on Rudolph all year. Fichtner is a fantasy-killer as an OC, & when Ben plays he’s the OC anyway. 

Been a lot of good “avoid” calls so far...keep ‘em coming!

Edited by lvsaint429
22 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Everyone is on my DND. I'm retiring. The random injuries kill the fun. Lost last night because I lost Hill. Guys get injured in the first few minutes of the first quarter way too often. Between Hill and Barkley this year, then Hill yesterday and Sanders the week before that, I am just done. Should barely make the playoffs but won't do much with half my wide receivers now injured. I also have Cooks. Who knows if he will even make it through a game this week or even play for that matter.

If I did come back next year, I can't really say yet without knowing the teams and coaches. I agree though, nobody under Nagy. I'd stay away from most players on the Rams. No RB from the Bucs. Lev Bell if he's still with the Jets. All Cincy players. Anybody under Kingsbury except Kyler. SF backfield. So many...

Within the same post, you're already wavering. See you next year buddy!

• Haha 5
41 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Anyone on a Nagy coached team.

you think he will be back with Bears? if not, I can imagine other team hire him..Trubisky is terrible but I would like to see him under let say McVay...I dont know if Jeff Fisher is worse thank Nagy..seriously..he is that bad

Where to start...

Didnt like Kamara coming into this season as a top 3 pick but had no choice.

So many top 5 WRs busted this season. Thought drafting at the back end of a 12 team snake was a good spot, LOL!!!

Never drafting a TE with the first 4 picks again.

Never drafting a QB with the first 5 picks again. Everyone thought Rodgers was good value in the 5th round, LOL!!!

Cant draft with logic, its all luck and a crap shoot.

Edited by Gryfter
1 minute ago, LuckyLukas said:

you think he will be back with Bears? if not, I can imagine other team hire him..Trubisky is terrible but I would like to see him under let say McVay...I dont know if Jeff Fisher is worse thank Nagy..seriously..he is that bad

I don't know.  If I had to guess, I'd say he gets another year.     Probably depends on the rest of the season.
But if I was management, I wouldn't want to waste another year of this defense.  I'd want a bread and butter coach that knows how to balance the run and pass game and draft accordingly.   But if they're committed to Nagy, then they need to get rid of Mitch.  

• Like 1

Players who seem to regularly leave games, having started them, with niggly injuries.

If you're going to get injured, do it properly.

Breida is the worst for it. Plays a quarter, looks great, then his ankle goes, but he's back in next week taunting you into starting him.

Conner seems to have become that guy as well.

There are others. Tyreek seems to be on his way to it.

My DND this year was Leonard Fournette and he’s been very solid/healthy but just can’t get TDs. Avoided him because of his injury history.

next year it will be James Conner, just the most frustrating player to own this year. Cannot stay healthy.

Also Kerryon Johnson, another guy who cannot stay healthy.

DJ (2nd rd) - or any other ARZ RB, as Kingsbury may play a so called committee all season long

LAR WR (maybe Kupp)

no Bears

No TE until 10th rd (drafted OJ in the 6th)

Hilton - injury bug hitting him past few years 

AJG - dont care how healthy he is next season. For him & CIN to pull an injury excuse all year & no IR designation is crap.

I'm sure there will be more. Lol!!

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

Awwww, sounds like someone has the 2-9 blues lol 

My DND list usually include guys like Josh "how many games will I be suspended this year" Gordon, Jordan "3 games a year" Reed and any Lions or Pats RBs 

Edited by Dexter75