NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Fantasy Playoff D/ST Stashes

6 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Not fully in the playoff time but next two weeks the ny jets play.

13- Cincinnati 

14- Miami 

Good pairing with Baltimore.

Everyone's playoff schedule doesn't start in week 14.  In my league the dance begins in week 13 which is why I like the Jets.   

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So this is usually the week where I start looking forward to Weeks 14/15/16 to plan my playoff D/ST strategy. This is mainly for deep leagues where holding two defenses can be much more common, but it

I wouldn’t hesitate to roll them out there Week 15 against the Steelers, although that game is in Pittsburgh, and the Bills D hasn’t been playing that well on the road lately.  Eagles @ Washington is

I would add GB to that list:  Was, Chi, and Min.  They make a nice match for weeks 14/15

1 hour ago, Espoiral said:

Don't know why people are out here dropping SF. They've already shown they can put up points against good offences (ARI and SEA), their defense is already great on paper - I'm rolling them out ROS. Pick up another defense if you have to, but I wouldn't drop SF ever. Having points scored against them doesn't matter as they're very capable of forcing sacks and turnovers.

They got lucky in second cards game that they scored10 or more points in last minute of play. Kind of a fluke. Had they finished with 6 points you wouldn't be saying that.

They lost in defensive linemen to ACL 2 weeks ago. Now Dee Ford for 2 weeks or so with hamstring. No Kwon and half their offense including their LT is hurt.

They had among the easiest schedules for a Dst first 10 games. Only 2 winning teams. Now they gave 3 teams with 0.800 winning percentage..... Think it's time to move on if you have better options.

• Like 1

yuuuuuuuge week for us Iggles stashers - only one game behind the Jerruhs, who are heading for a date with Hoodie - if Philly can upend the SeaHags, and Hoodie takes care of biz, well ... then we gots a tie up top the NFC East - at the least (Dallas and Iggles lose), it's still one game difference - in either case, we get a supremely motivated defense next week vs FitzTragic and the Blancmange 👍

on the uddah hand, we do NOT want a deflated Iggles heading down to Miami next week - if Dallas wins and Philly loses, opening up a 2 game spread - that would effectively quash any playoff hopes, and we may get the quintessential trap stinker down in the Miami heat from a very letdown side 🤷‍♂️

12 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Devil's advocate - both these defenses have fatal flaws - Philly's secondary and GB's run defense.

I'd tend to trust Philly more, because teams that can force teams to throw tend to generate more positive defensive plays (picks and sacks).

I don't know if I can trust GB at all because teams will want to run on them all day.

Agree re: GB run def, but i grabbed them for that week 14 Washington matchup in Lambeau. Riding NE weeks 15 and 16. 

Like someone else was asking -- unsure if I want to drop SF to pick up Philly. Have Steelers/Eagles stashed in all leagues but one, where I have Steelers/49ers.

Big Niners fan, but our defense has looked less fantasy friendly recently and this is the first time in NFL history a team has played three .800 teams in a row this late in the season (GB, BAL, NO).

2 hours ago, jadakid said:

Agree re: GB run def, but i grabbed them for that week 14 Washington matchup in Lambeau. Riding NE weeks 15 and 16. 

Key word is will want. Fact is team is healthy now after a bye so scheme wise might be a bit better.

Also with Adams back I see Packers offense being more productive. Gamescript is the biggest run game killer. Zeke had 62 against them Gordon 80. They are not getting gashed but they have given up touchdowns on the ground but that is astat that is not predictable.

25 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I don't understand this Philly love. They've scored >10 points just twice all season in my league. I understand their schedule is nice ROS but I don't know if they have the playmakers on D to make it count in fantasy.

their DBs are finally healthy, they have a stout front 7 vs the run, and they can get after the QB, especially vs the ham n' egger o-lines they gonna see weeks 13-15. 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Like 2

I'm another with SF.  I stashed PHI for week 13 at least.  This week against GB isn't a good matchup but I'm sure SF can still pressure Rodgers into some sacks.

I haven't decided what to do for week 14 or 15 yet.  SF @ New Orleans should be a touch matchup, but Brees always has a couple games where he craps the bed.  Matt Ryan also seems to have a couple games every year where he plays horribly.  

5 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

their DBs are finally healthy, they have a stout front 7 vs the run, and they can get after the QB, especially vs the ham n' egger o-lines they gonna see weeks 13-15. 

Me like. Me have PIT/BUF in one league and PHI/BUF in a second league. Dropping BUF after this week to ride and die with the former.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

Anyone have good def to stash for week  16? 

Dont think i saw anything on that 

Pitt, Balt, Atlanta, Houston, KC, New Orleans, NYG all have pretty favorable Week 16 matchups. Miami has Cincinnati but I wouldn’t want to touch that in the finals. Denver and Detroit play each other so that could be a decent option as well.

I personally think Pitt and Balt are the best ones of that group to own if they’re available, but they probably aren’t.

On 11/21/2019 at 1:48 AM, peleincubus said:

giants have Miami and Washington 15/16

I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing them as a solid option. Not only that, they have Chicago this week (which is why I’m streaming NYG), then GB in 13 (don’t want that matchup, obviously), but Philly/Miami/Washington (who the NYG dominated on defense earlier in the year, BTW) is not terribly daunting.

2 hours ago, AAWWyeah said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one seeing them as a solid option. Not only that, they have Chicago this week (which is why I’m streaming NYG), then GB in 13 (don’t want that matchup, obviously), but Philly/Miami/Washington (who the NYG dominated on defense earlier in the year, BTW) is not terribly daunting.

Exactly. The redskins QB has had exactly two TD in the air/ground produced in all of the drives he has had. And the other, well they’re the Dolphins.

I have the eagles also which have the redskins week 15. So I may play the eagles then the Giants if I make the final. I’m sure one of the weeks will end up with huge points. 

54 minutes ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Then saving my Steelers D for Buffalo and Jets in weeks 15/16.

would much rather have the Bison defense in that one, by far 🤷‍♂️

since coming out the bye, Allen has accounted for 13 TDs (9 passing, 4 running), with zero turnovers. 

sure, the defenses in those 4 games are not on the Stillers level, but Singletary/Gore can do a respectable enough job on the ground, and Allen is playing as well as any QB not named Lamar in the gig right now. 

conversely, the Bison can throttle the putrid Stillers "offense", leading to too much time on the field for an eventually gassed Stillers D (see last game in Cleveland).

saving grace is home game for Pittsburgh, but i'm avoiding that matchup. 

On 11/21/2019 at 4:29 PM, mtx said:

Me like. Me have PIT/BUF in one league and PHI/BUF in a second league. Dropping BUF after this week to ride and die with the former.

Drop BUF now .. no point in holding them for week 12 rep since PIT is a better play 

Keeping PHI and SF for the playoff run.  PHI has the Giants and Washington week 14 and 15.  They have Dallas in week 16 but SF has the Rams.  Normally I'd be scared of the Rams but their offensive line is trash.  SF should get points on sacks alone.  Even if you're in Week 16, there might be someone better on the waiver wire considering only one other team is competing. 

Just a quick look at the schedule there are some potential streamers (taking into account that CHI, BUF, BAL, SF, NO, NE, PIT are already owned).  Injuries always happen and teams always change (who would've thought a few weeks ago that ATL would be a top 10 D) so the landscape could change in a few weeks:

Week 14

Dallas @ CHI

ATL vs CAR

GB vs WASH

NYJ vs MIA

INDY at TB

JAX vs LAC

PHI vs NYG

Week 15

DET vs TB

GB vs CHI

NYG vs MIA

PHI at WASH

SEA at CAR

ATL at SF

Week 16

ATL vs JAX

INDY vs CAR

NYJ vs PIT

NYG at WASH

DENV vs DET  (DET also might be solid)

KC at CHI

Ravens the best week 15 stash , they going to massacre the Jets, ravens home game and the passing game going to be on lock down with trades and healthy players back look 👀 at this secondary (no defense from week 7 till now has been better)

cbs- humpries, Marcus Peters, jimmy smith

FS- earl thomas

SS- Brandon Carr (usually a cb but since return of jimmy smith and trade of peters he’s been at SS playing really well)

dude that’s 5 well above average cover guys, 2-3 of them being elite, this defense is no joke and pierce has been out he should be back soon their DT , make no mistake this is the defense the rest of the way