NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Mo Bamba 2019-2020 Outlook

iowncrazyhair

1 minute ago, atlantadynasty said:

Wouldn't you think that the team can finally see what they have in Bamba? Don't understand why Birch is better when they should develop or at least see what Bamba can do

Totally agree but this is the magic we're talking about here 

Even if he gets more minutes so what? He's been absolute trash in most of the minutes he's gotten this season.

14 minutes against PHI, 2 boards and a turnover

11 minutes against SAS, 3 boards and 2 turnovers

He's had two ok lines the past month against Indy and OKC and that's it. Just leave him on the wire and keep an eye on him. Maybe someone else jumps the gun and drops someone of value for him that you can grab.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bamba's been on a minutes limit, per Orlando Sentinel:

...the team continues to exercise caution with the leg injury that cut his rookie season short.

But 4 weeks is a long time. And sources say 4 weeks is the minimum. Maybe there's enough time for Bamba to gain more leash, and he can be productive. My league's pretty competitive, I have 1-2 streaming spots, and I need help in blocks. So he was worth a speculative add for me. Toss up between Bamba and Birch for different reasons, but went with Bamba.

Edited by hoop

2 minutes ago, hoop said:

Bamba's been on a minutes limit, per Orlando Sentinel:

But 4 weeks is a long time. And sources say 4 weeks is the minimum. Maybe there's enough time for Bamba to gain more leash, and he can be productive. My league's pretty competitive, I have 1-2 streaming spots, and I need help in blocks. So he was worth a speculative add for me. Toss up between Bamba and Birch for different reasons, but went with Bamba.

Birch has better lateral movement and is more agile than mamba 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Birch has better lateral movement and is more agile than mamba 

Feeling indifferent about both. Went with Bamba since he's played almost every game (no B2Bs) and they're more invested in him. Birch may be the better add, but I just made a dart throw

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stickman786 said:

9 7 2 and 1 three in 21 minutes. Not bad. If the magic fall out of playoff contention would vooch be a shut down candidate in favor of developing Mo? Or is that out of the picture.

Magic basically made Vuc the face of their franchise, when healthy he is playing. Best they could hope for is that Bamba or birch stir up some trade value. The Vuc shutdown ship sailed once they paid him this offseason. (imho)

• Like 1