NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Who gets your vote for waiver pickup of the year?

sjm76

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

DJ Chark is the winner. 
49 niners D 

McLaurin 

all the others I read they were drafted ... 

waller wasnt drafted and jbrown adp was wr51 so he was also on the vast majority of waivers. only Buffalo homers drafted him😂

• Haha 1

To those saying Lamar Jackson

spacer.png

If Lamar Jackson wasn't drafted in your league, it's frankly just not a competitive league.  He was a known commodity with a 9th round ADP.  Even in the smaller 8 or 10 man leagues, he almost certainly should have been drafted at some point.  

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

There is another way to look at it.  you have to start 2-3 wr's every week but only 1 QB, dst and 1 TE which is why people will stream QB's,dst and Te/s every week.

waiver wr's were not deep this year given how many stud wr's busted, were injured or failed outright in the early rounds

So picking up chark in week  1 or 2 was salvation for teams who struggled all season with OBJ,AB,juju,diggs,cooks,tyreek,watkins,allen,thielen,etc

Chark gave you production season long not pickups made at the end or middle or playoff time

if those teams u cite in your leagues are not in the playoffs it's not because of chark it's because they have 8 other slots that are underperforming 😂

The best waiver pickup for me is the player that was free who gave me top 12 production for an entire season from start to finish

But my main point is that he’s only giving you that production when you actually started him.  No one started him Week 1, most didn’t Week 2, and probably only half Week 3... so they missed out on 3 of his biggest weeks.

No one knew yet for sure in Week 3 those WRs you mentioned were going to be busts, so most people were starting the guys they drafted high over Chark.  If someone scooped Chark after Week 1 and started him over an OBJ, JuJu, etc. then kudos to them... but very few did that.

He was the highest performing pickup no doubt; but I’m just questioning if he was far and away the guy who actually helped his owners the most.

*Note: I only play in 2 WR leagues plus a flex... I can see where he would have been more valuable in 3 WR leagues.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

waller wasnt drafted and jbrown adp was wr51 so he was also on the vast majority of waivers. only Buffalo homers drafted him😂

I don’t play with any Buffalo homers, but John Brown was drafted in both my leagues (once by me, once by someone else).  If we consider him eligible, he would be right there with Chark due to his consistency and the fact that you could tell from Week 1 he was going to have a huge target share. 

6 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

But my main point is that he’s only giving you that production when you actually started him.  No one started him Week 1, most didn’t Week 2, and probably only half Week 3... so they missed out on 3 of his biggest weeks.

No one knew yet for sure in Week 3 those WRs you mentioned were going to be busts, so most people were starting the guys they drafted high over Chark.  If someone scooped Chark after Week 1 and started him over an OBJ, JuJu, etc. then kudos to them... but very few did that.

He was the highest performing pickup no doubt; but I’m just questioning if he was far and away the guy who actually helped his owners the most.

*Note: I only play in 2 WR leagues plus a flex... I can see where he would have been more valuable in 3 WR leagues.

guys started him week 2 in my leagues because they lost Hill, AB, Shepard. 

6 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Weird year. Chark is the only one really. 

weird in that there was tons of waiver movement in terms of injuries and duds which trickled down from QB's getting decimated  but no clear cut pack of studs stepped up as a result. Lots of 1-2 game wonders but not enough every week plug and plays

Edited by dashoe

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

weird in that there was tons of waiver movement in terms of injuries and duds which trickled down from QB's getting decimated  but no clear cut pack of studs stepped up as a result. Lots of 1-2 game wonders but not enough every week plug and plays

Not many major injuries to running backs. 

27 minutes ago, jonasdash said:

To those saying Lamar Jackson

spacer.png

If Lamar Jackson wasn't drafted in your league, it's frankly just not a competitive league.  He was a known commodity with a 9th round ADP.  Even in the smaller 8 or 10 man leagues, he almost certainly should have been drafted at some point.  

He was drafted in our 12 team league but to be fair, he wasn’t exactly setting the world on fire in his 7 starts last year. He only had two games over 20 points and both were against terrible defenses. The other 5 were pedestrian, 15-18 point games pretty much any starting QB could give you. He pretty much looked like another RGiii, lots of question marks about him. I could see where he wouldn’t be drafted in many 10 team leagues and even some 12. 

My personal vote is for Landry! Picked him up on his bye week and he’s paid off for me since. 

Edited by Dexter75

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Not many major injuries to running backs. 

yes, just lingering injuries that had them back in the lineup in a couple of weeks and killing everyones value in the rotation, because they are healthy to play but produce like crap 

DJ,Damien,Barkley,singletary, all Niners rb's

Edited by dashoe

So far not a big ROS/playoff winner. Some good short term plays. Only guy IMO now would be QB JW who has a ton of 300 yard games and multiple TDs.

If RB Penny pans out, that's the winner. But, we will have to wait and see.

To the above dashoe, your sig says your retired from posting, but you post more that I do ... just wondering. :)

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

guys started him week 2 in my leagues because they lost Hill, AB, Shepard. 

Fair enough.

I just looked, and the owners in my leagues picked him up after Week 1, but didn’t start him until Week 4... so they missed out on a lot of production. This kind of went along with my theory, but I know some owners out there were more desperate than others.

Owner 1: Started Amari & Thielen over him at WR and Sony/DJ Moore in Flex Weeks 2 & 3

Owner 2: Started Amari & Jarvis Landry/Mercole Hardman over him at WR and Philip Lindsay over him at Flex Weeks 2 & 3

Either way, Chark has had a great season.

29 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Gee whiz ... are we so damn sure? I checked two 12 team league Darren Walker was drafted in both... John Brown was drafted in one.

John Brown Buf, WR

Darren Waller Oak, TE

Darren Waller Oak, TE

2 minutes ago, Blazer said:

So far not a big ROS/playoff winner. Some good short term plays. Only guy IMO now would be QB JW who has a ton of 300 yard games and multiple TDs.

If RB Penny pans out, that's the winner. But, we will have to wait and see.

To the above dashoe, your sig says your retired from posting, but you post more that I do ... just wondering. :)

selectively posting, now that many  of the hype gurus have been eliminated from the threads because they are not playoff bound 😂

4 hours ago, youngrice said:

Depends on size of your league.  I would think a decent amount of people got Lamar either off waivers or as a free agent before week 1.  Besides him I would have to agree with others Chark.  

LJax was drafted in 95% of leagues though. Projected to have a “good season,” not great.

Just now, dashoe said:

selectively posting, now that many  of the hype gurus have been eliminated from the threads because they are not playoff bound 😂

Well, in my big money league I'm sitting pretty at #2 and clinched a playoff spot this week. Keep posting.