NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who gets your vote for waiver pickup of the year?

41 minutes ago, dashoe said:

waller wasnt drafted and jbrown adp was wr51 so he was also on the vast majority of waivers. only Buffalo homers drafted himūüėā

... another 12 team league drafted sept 2nd .. both were drafted. 

John Brown Buf, WR

Darren Waller Oak, TE
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm assuming that based on your 14k posts on these forums, you're the outlier in your group of friends with "real lives"?

Weakest waiver wire in my entire career of playing fantasy football. Fewest major injuries I can ever remember too. Of course there is a direct connection there. 

DeVante Parker has quietly been a top-25 WR in PPR with double-digit points for each of the past 8 weeks. Not flashy, but he's been consistent.

Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Dak Prescott likely weren’t even drafted. Those are some of your waiver gems right there. Outside of QB, Chark is likely the only non-QB in the Top 50 that wasn’t drafted. That absolutely makes him the MVP of waiver adds.

• Haha 3
2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:
Gee whiz ... are we so damn sure? I checked two 12 team league Darren Walker was drafted in both... John Brown was drafted in one.

John Brown Buf, WR

Darren Waller Oak, TE

Darren Waller Oak, TE

When were the drafts? My drafts were early mid august and waller wasnt even on the radar of generic ADP sites. He didnt even crack the top 20¬†ūüėā

1.   T. Kelce KC

2.   G. Kittle SF

3.   Z. Ertz PHI

4.   E. Engram NYG

5.   O. Howard TB

6.   H. Henry LAC

7.   J. Cook NO

8.   V. McDonald PIT

9.   D. Njoku CLE

10.   A. Hooper ATL

11.   D. Walker TEN

12.   E. Ebron IND

13.   M. Andrews BAL

14.   T. Burton CHI

15.   K. Rudolph MIN

16.   J. Doyle IND

17.   J. Reed WAS

18.   J. Graham GB

19.   G. Olsen CAR

20.   T. Hockenson

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

... another 12 team league drafted sept 2nd .. both were drafted. 

John Brown Buf, WR

Darren Waller Oak, TE

yeah Sept 2nd after preseason games, when most people have alot of info on starting lineups and hype machines and blogs and analysts are telling u who to pick so that makes sense. I draft in August during preseason so those who do their homework in the offseason  still hold an advantage based ont he unknown

Edited by dashoe
Just now, dashoe said:

yeah Sept 2nd when most people have alot of info on starting lineups and hype machines and blogs and analysts are telling u who to pick so that makes sense. I draft in August 

More like those two were drafted, time to admit you didn’t know 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Those two drafts were Sept 1st & 3rd 

Wallers ADP moved up after final roster cuts and Luke Wilson was cut, which is why he was probably drafted in your leagues prior to that he wasnt even in the top 20 TE's in ADP

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I draft in August during preseason so those who do their homework in the offseason  still hold an advantage based ont he unknown

Are you trying to tell us...  You think your better because you draft early? 

16 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Huh? ūüėā

I mean not in your standard 10-team they likely were not. They were likely on the cusp in most leagues. Unless teams were hoarding two QBs. Based on ownership the first week that’s how it was. For example, Lamar’s ADP was QB20, Dak QB17, and Kyler QB13 when I drafted back in August.

Edited by FitzMagic
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

More like those two were drafted, time to admit you didn’t know 

No I'm right go check the adps and drafts preseason vs regular season.  You drafted after preseason, so that is specific to your league, many others like myself draft prior to preseason and my leagues speifically because of labor day vacations.    Sep 1 final roster are set which is why the ADPS shot up on waller and Brown .

So in my context I am correct and in your context you are correct. Both of these can be true so no need for any admissions¬†ūüėā

• Like 1
1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

Are you trying to tell us...  You think your better because you draft early? 

Dude what is your problem? You are so focused on trying to prove me wrong on something, it's becoming comical. I am better THAN YOU ok? Do you feel better now is that what you wanted to hear?¬†¬†Geez¬†¬†ūüėā

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I mean not in your standard 10-team they likely were not. They were likely on the cusp in most leagues. Unless teams were hoarding two QBs. Based on ownership the first week that’s how it was. For example, Lamar’s ADP was QB20.

I’m not sure where you see Lamar’s ADP as QB 20, but FantasyPros has him as QB14. Kyler as QB13, and Dak as QB17.

In my leagues they went ahead of that.  One guy in my 12-team league drafted Kyler as his only QB, and one in my 10-team league only drafted Dak.  I drafted Lamar in my 12-team league as my 2nd QB in the 10th round. I think he went around that time in my other league as well.

Perhaps public leagues brought their ADPs down. 

3 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I’m not sure where you see Lamar’s ADP as QB 20, but FantasyPros has him as QB14. Kyler as QB13, and Dak as QB17.

In my leagues they went ahead of that.  One guy in my 12-team league drafted Kyler as his only QB, and one in my 10-team league only drafted Dak.  I drafted Lamar in my 12-team league as my 2nd QB in the 10th round. I think he went around that time in my other league as well.

Perhaps public leagues brought their ADPs down. 

I’m in Yahoo and here is his ADP around the same time I was drafting. I took Matt Ryan. Later on in the preseason Kyler was QB11, Lamar QB13, and Dak QB17. It’s logical that they’d be outside the Top 10 when people were drafting Baker Mayfield pretty high, even Goff and Cam, plus Aaron Rodgers who has been mostly garbage this season. I’m sure Luck was also drafted in the Top 10 in a lot of them.

Fantasy Draft Stock Report: Lamar Jackson should be picked as a Top-5 QB

https://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy-draft-stock-report-lamar-jackson-should-be-picked-as-a-top-5-qb-213112084.html

5 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I’m in Yahoo and here is his ADP around the same time I was drafting. I took Matt Ryan. Later on in the preseason Kyler was QB11, Lamar QB13, and Dak QB17. It’s logical that they’d be outside the Top 10 when people were drafting Baker Mayfield pretty high, even Goff and Cam, plus Aaron Rodgers who has been mostly garbage this season. I’m sure Luck was also drafted in the Top 10 in a lot of them.

https://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy-draft-stock-report-lamar-jackson-should-be-picked-as-a-top-5-qb-213112084.html

I didn’t realize he started the drafting season that low. My drafts were within the last two weeks before the season started, so I guess he had shot up by then. Sounds like he leveled out around high-end QB2.

I just can’t imagine nobody taking a chance on his upside in the draft as their backup QB.

42 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Dude what is your problem? You are so focused on trying to prove me wrong on something, it's becoming comical. I am better THAN YOU ok? Do you feel better now is that what you wanted to hear?¬†¬†Geez¬†¬†ūüėā

Why would I have a problem? Didn’t you quote me telling me Waller & Brown was not drafted? I pointed out they were as one other poster did too. Then you asked when those leagues drafted ... I told you.

My point these type of threads are useless just like the hot waiver weekly wire ones. They are garbage. Leagues are different sizes we will never agree on threads like this... 

I Agree with your post before this one, 

Edited by shakestreet
13 minutes ago, blue42 said:

Austin Hooper

Devante Parker 
Courtland Sutton 

Dj Chark

Kyler Murray 

Ronald Jones 

Pittsburg defense 

I don’t know how I forgot about Hooper... especially since I own him.  In my 10-team league I grabbed him off the wire when Hunter Henry (who I drafted) got hurt.

I think he was drafted in my 12-team league, so I guess he’s borderline depending on league size.

Your list is a good one.

16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I read that once upon a time and laughed. I didn’t want any part of this run first no pass Lamar. I will admit I was wrong.