NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who gets your vote for waiver pickup of the year?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm assuming that based on your 14k posts on these forums, you're the outlier in your group of friends with "real lives"?

Weakest waiver wire in my entire career of playing fantasy football. Fewest major injuries I can ever remember too. Of course there is a direct connection there. 

DeVante Parker has quietly been a top-25 WR in PPR with double-digit points for each of the past 8 weeks. Not flashy, but he's been consistent.

6 hours ago, sjm76 said:

My vote has to go to D.J. Chark of the Jaguars.

Odds are that he was only drafted in the deepest of leagues yet he has emerged as a top 10 wr option.

Who gets your vote?

Pick 174 round 13 in my 14 teamer. That team is 9-3. 

I know this might not count, but I picked up latavious Murray and he went ahead and dropped two straight 30 pointers, and I never had to start him after that. Finding a needed bye week replacement who predictably went off and then predictably dropped down to normal is priceless 

Chark. Will Dissly while we was still healthy 😢, Golden Tate, Terry McLaurin, San Francisco defense, and Pittsburgh defense. 

These are the ones that have panned out for me big time. Others not so much, but still a handful of guys that could be league winners. Deebo Samuel, Jonathon Williams, Rashard Penny, Guice, Snell, etc. 

7 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Perhaps public leagues brought their ADPs down. 

6 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

You guys must play with some simpletons if guys like Lamar weren’t drafted. 

As I said, if Lamar was not drafted in your league, you are in a joke league

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Dak Prescott likely weren’t even drafted. Those are some of your waiver gems right there. Outside of QB, Chark is likely the only non-QB in the Top 50 that wasn’t drafted. That absolutely makes him the MVP of waiver adds.

Yes. Yes they were.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

Lamar Jackson, Kyler Murray, and Dak Prescott likely weren’t even drafted. Those are some of your waiver gems right there. Outside of QB, Chark is likely the only non-QB in the Top 50 that wasn’t drafted. That absolutely makes him the MVP of waiver adds.

If those three are viable options* for waiver MVP you might as well include any player, because no doubt every player (unless they're literally undroppable) has been dropped on bye weeks by 'Tacos' or dropped in some sort of collusion deal or by mistake in plenty of leagues.

This is a forum dedicated to fantasy football though. So it should go without saying these types of players shouldn't be considered.

* Maybe Kyler Murray is a fair shout, at best.

Edited by Sartorialism
16 hours ago, mjb said:

LJax was drafted in 95% of leagues though. Projected to have a “good season,” not great.

he was getting taken anywhere from QB 15 to 20 sometimes latter.   In almost all cases not as a starter.  Depending on the leagues bench spots available and how many teams in league a lot of people don't draft a backup QB.  

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, youngrice said:

he was getting taken anywhere from QB 15 to 20 sometimes latter.   In almost all cases not as a starter.  Depending on the leagues bench spots available and how many teams in league a lot of people don't draft a backup QB.  

I’m in 5 leagues, 14 teamer, always drafted🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Fantasy Data   -- QB12  

Fantasy Pros  -- QB14  

My Fantasy League  -- QB14  

And as I've stated before, his ADP was around the 9th round in 12 team leagues around end of August.  

He was drafted in 95% of leagues and in any legitimate competitive league he most certainly would have been drafted in the 8th-10th rounds. 

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Darren Waller seems about right. 5th ranked TE at the moment.

That or Chark who is also 5th at WR. Id think its harder to find a decent TE though.

Historically, draft position says 5th WR > 5th TE. I’d say around 1/2 TE = 5th WR.

Like most things, it’s all situational though. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jonasdash said:

Fantasy Data   -- QB12  

Fantasy Pros  -- QB14  

My Fantasy League  -- QB14  

And as I've stated before, his ADP was around the 9th round in 12 team leagues around end of August.  

He was drafted in 95% of leagues and in any legitimate competitive league he most certainly would have been drafted in the 8th-10th rounds. 

Lamar was drafted as the upside bet of the year along with Kyler because of his running ability. People were waiting on seeing his passing ability.

He wasnt on a single waiver of any draft I followed in August. Someone always grabbed him as a QB1 or wait and see bench QB. In my auctions I grabbed lamar+winston or Lamar+kyler. There was little risk given the streaming ability on the waiver like stafford-ben-etc.

A QB who runs and throws is fantasy gold which is why neither lamaror kyler were sitting on waivers in competitive leagues

Edited by dashoe
4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

14 team league of course. League that size everybody would draft 2 qbs.  

I hate to tell you but Lamar was drafted in all my leagues. He was even drafted in two of my 10 team leagues. Maybe he wasn’t drafted in your league but listen he was drafted. Case is closed 

13 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

If those three are viable options* for waiver MVP you might as well include any player, because no doubt every player (unless they're literally undroppable) has been dropped on bye weeks by 'Tacos' or dropped in some sort of collusion deal or by mistake in plenty of leagues.

This is a forum dedicated to fantasy football though. So it should go without saying these types of players shouldn't be considered.

* Maybe Kyler Murray is a fair shout, at best.

spacer.png