NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who gets your vote for waiver pickup of the year?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm assuming that based on your 14k posts on these forums, you're the outlier in your group of friends with "real lives"?

Weakest waiver wire in my entire career of playing fantasy football. Fewest major injuries I can ever remember too. Of course there is a direct connection there. 

DeVante Parker has quietly been a top-25 WR in PPR with double-digit points for each of the past 8 weeks. Not flashy, but he's been consistent.

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

For those of us who draft before preseason no they weren’t. Because we don’t cheat. spacer.png

No offense but why in the world would you ever draft before preseason. I can’t think of a single reason to do that. Other than the league is just not competitive. Players get injured all the time you just want to destroy your season before it even starts?

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
32 minutes ago, ToeDragSwag said:

Pats D has to be #1. I also just claimed Tom Brady who was dropped after a few sub par games and I still think that is one good waiver claim especially since I was rolling with Matt Ryan. 

Again pats D, Murray, Lamar, dak were drafted in any SEMI competitive league. If you guys play in a league that’s 10 teams or more and they weren’t drafted you just don’t play in a competitive league. 

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

No offense but why in the world would you ever draft before preseason. I can’t think of a single reason to do that. Other than the league is just not competitive. Players get injured all the time you just want to destroy your season before it even starts?

1. People have real lives and the regular season starts immediately after or during their Labor Day summer vacations

2. It weeds out those who do their homework in the offseason vs those who show up with a generic ADP based on final NFL rosters and allows you to grab potential top players for little to no draft capital. (I grabbed waller,singletary,andrews,lamar,Jbrown) for free or cheap because I drafted in August)

3. It's easier to get a bunch of guys out for a draft night in July/August vs when school starts for their kids in September

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 3
6 minutes ago, dashoe said:

1. People have real lives and the regular season starts immediately after or during their Labor Day summer vacations

2. It weeds out those who do their homework in the offseason vs those who show up with a generic ADP based on final NFL rosters and allows you to grab potential top players for little to no draft capital. (I grabbed waller,singletary,andrews,lamar,Jbrown) for free or cheap because I drafted in August)

3. It's easier to get a bunch of guys out for a draft night in July/August vs when school starts for their kids in September

I'm assuming that based on your 14k posts on these forums, you're the outlier in your group of friends with "real lives"?

• Haha 5
1 minute ago, nb009 said:

1. posting and real life is not an either or proposition  nor correlated to drafting in preseason 😂

2. Drafting in general s a coordinated group activity that occurs at a specific time whereas posting is random and can even be accomplished anytime and anywhere such as sitting on the toilet, watching a game or at a boring wedding.

3. Do not assume I have "friends" 🤣

4. Never assume just ask 👏👏👏

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Not enough love for Josh Allen in this thread. 

i think Josh was drafted in most 12+ team leegs (i took him and Kyler in rds 12/14, respectively).  dude was the #1 scoring qb thru the last half (weeks 9-16) of last season - folks who paid attention snagged him this year 🤷‍♂️

my vote right now goes to Parker, he's lighting it up during the most important stretch of the magick foosball war of attrition - $$$$$$$$$ results trump all - Davante it is!

• Like 2

As good as Chark has been, Parker has moved himself into the discussion big time after last weeks monster game. His schedule ros is juicy, and he really could solidify this title down the stretch.

Who would have thought a guy who’s been touted and disappointed for years on a team that looked like one of the worst all time earlier this year could possibly be leading some people to a title. It’s insanity

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

As good as Chark has been, Parker has moved himself into the discussion big time after last weeks monster game. His schedule ros is juicy, and he really could solidify this title down the stretch.

Who would have thought a guy who’s been touted and disappointed for years on a team that looked like one of the worst all time earlier this year could possibly be leading some people to a title. It’s insanity

Was just about to say this. Chark is the obvious choice, but Parker has quietly been producing. For sure a great WW pickup.

On 11/29/2019 at 12:28 AM, dashoe said:

It weeds out those who do their homework in the offseason vs those who show up with a generic ADP based on final NFL rosters and allows you to grab potential top players for little to no draft capital. (I grabbed waller,singletary,andrews,lamar,Jbrown) for free or cheap because I drafted in August)

I used to hate early drafts, but for this reason I like them more and more.

I understand everyone will have a different answer, but for my team it’s 100% Parker. Almost every WR has been boom or bust this year (except for you, Michael Thomas and John brown) but Parker has plugged in double digits in PPR since like week 4. I picked him up week 5 and he has really solidified my lineup, even before the blowup game. I’ll take double digits every week out of my flex no problem. I have a feeling like he’s about to rip up the playoffs for a top 15 finish as well. 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Parkers been good to great for the last two months. Chark has been great or dismal. I know which one I'd prefer. Parker gets my vote 

• Like 1
On 11/27/2019 at 7:41 PM, Sivaro said:

FA pick ups?  I am going with Non drafted targets, Miles Sanders does not count

DJ Chark is obvious #1

TE - Goedert, Fant, 

RB - Hyde, McCoy, and Perhaps J White

QB - Tannerhill has been the best as of late, MInshew had the title till he came out.

WR- Other than Chark,  AJ Brown and Slayton.

DEF - Pittsburgh and the 49rs.

K - J Slye  ( He is falling now , but helped win leagues all year before recently).

Do you mean jamaal williams? bc James White went drafted unless you are playing in a 4 teamer

I'll use my own examples since there's soooo much debate about if a guy was drafted vs. picked up, competitive leagues, etc.

DJ Chark 

Ryan Tannehill 

Jamaal Williams - not a stud by any means but currently RB21 on the season and helped me out a TON during bye weeks and injuries.

Devante Parker 

Terry McLaurin at the beginning of the season

Darren Waller

I have a feeling last week was the start of Jack Doyle emerging to help carry a bunch of TE needy teams to victory

If I had to make one selection for pick up of the year, it has to be Chark.  WR8 overall right now and has provided some massive blow ups.  

As we finish out the last few weeks, this might change to Devante Parker if he keeps torching teams like the last few weeks.

On 11/29/2019 at 5:28 AM, dashoe said:

(I grabbed waller,singletary,andrews,lamar,Jbrown) for free or cheap because I drafted in August)

Most of these guys were free or cheap in the multiple leagues I drafted in 1-2 days before the season began.