NBC Sports Edge Forums

Who gets your vote for waiver pickup of the year?

20 hours ago, Fort4242 said:

I'll use my own examples since there's soooo much debate about if a guy was drafted vs. picked up, competitive leagues, etc.

DJ Chark 

Ryan Tannehill 

Jamaal Williams - not a stud by any means but currently RB21 on the season and helped me out a TON during bye weeks and injuries.

Devante Parker 

Terry McLaurin at the beginning of the season

Darren Waller

I have a feeling last week was the start of Jack Doyle emerging to help carry a bunch of TE needy teams to victory

If I had to make one selection for pick up of the year, it has to be Chark.  WR8 overall right now and has provided some massive blow ups.  

As we finish out the last few weeks, this might change to Devante Parker if he keeps torching teams like the last few weeks.

The jamaal Williams one really gets my goat

Edited by hard1
  • Like 1
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm assuming that based on your 14k posts on these forums, you're the outlier in your group of friends with "real lives"?

Weakest waiver wire in my entire career of playing fantasy football. Fewest major injuries I can ever remember too. Of course there is a direct connection there. 

DeVante Parker has quietly been a top-25 WR in PPR with double-digit points for each of the past 8 weeks. Not flashy, but he's been consistent.

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, sadlyajetsfan said:

This is the first year in a while there wasn't that one RB that someone got within the first few weeks who was an RB1. 

I'm in the championship game and am starting mostly waiver pickups. Tannehill, Waller, AJ Brown, Perriman, Boone. 

Never thought I'd be rolling out Perriman, Mike Williams, and Deandre Washington in a champ game but I just might be

36 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

Never thought I'd be rolling out Perriman, Mike Williams, and Deandre Washington in a champ game but I just might be

It's been a crazy year. The person I'm playing in the finals is in the same boat. Both of us have a few waiver wire picks we're starting in big spots. 

• Like 1

For the season, and considering their consistency throughout, I think I'd narrow it down to (in no particular order):

DeVante Parker

DJ Chark

Darren Waller

Steelers DST

SF DST with an honorable mention but injuries and a tough schedule have taken a toll lately.

Edited by Bryce84