NBC Sports Edge Forums

2019 Fantasy Football Platform Discussion

In yahoo, these claims have been going through for me. Just have to make sure claims are put in before Tuesday morning when status changes. Not sure if this rule changed from prior years.

Basically I'm hording an extra player by doing this (D Jax)

Edited by ukdesi
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don't know yahoo, but I wouldn't respect any of my league mates if they scooped him up, instead of letting me get him again.  Just lame.

How does that even happen? 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, ukdesi said:

In yahoo, these claims have been going through for me. Just have to make sure claims are put in before Tuesday morning when status changes. Not sure if this rule changed from prior years.

Oh okay cool. Glad I asked then. Would love a bit more input from others to verify. I've definitely had this conversation before and dealt with it in the past, just couldn't remember the outcome. Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

I know there's probably a thread on this somewhere else, but I can't find it. It's also something I should probably know (and I think I do), but I want to make sure. Also sorry if this is the wrong spot to post this.

If you've already put in a waiver claim on a player in Yahoo, then a player on your IR becomes ineligible, will this void the claim? I know for sure you can't initiate the claim if it hasn't been put in yet and I'm fairly confident it will still be voided if the claim was put in before the status change, but figured I should double check..

Gallup became questionable and due to byes I don't really have a spot for him in my lineup right now. Already put some claims in before the injury, so I just want to make sure that I should be expecting these claims to be voided unless I decide to activate Gallup.

It voids on ESPN so i assume itll be the same on yahoo so id make a choice on gallup before bed 

Edit: dangit didnt click the next page thought this was most recent post my b glad u got answer

Edited by kmoore1521
3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

It voids on ESPN so i assume itll be the same on yahoo so id make a choice on gallup before bed 

Edit: dangit didnt click the next page thought this was most recent post my b glad u got answer

I'm just picking up a defense anyway and could live with it if the claims don't get processed anyway, but figured I'd bring it up now in case more significant waiver claims came up in the future.

Note: Also thanks mods for putting this in the right thread. I thought there was a better spot to put this but couldn't remember where.

So ESPN just let a guy make a waiver claim with a healthy player in the IR slot. I thought that was supposed to be blocked until he removed the player from IR? So now he made the top claim for a RB with FAAB while having Melvin Gordon on the IR over night. Should I bring this up to him? There were 5 other claims for this player. I'm expecting one or two guys that lost the claim to reach out to me about it.

Edited by MaXLacker
39 minutes ago, rag9876 said:

Ok, this is kind of a silly question. Did Yahoo just change their font today? Is there any way to change it back to the old one (which I think was Arial lol)? 

Yes, I'm noticing this as well! I don't like it either.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really know if this is the best place to ask this, but I'll try.

I play in NFL.com

I got accepted today a trade that includes me shipping somebody that plays on Thursday.

Per my league settings, the trade will be completed on Friday morning.

What happens with the trade if I play that player on Thursday? The trade is postponed till the week is over?

Thanks!

ESPN

So I've got an IR spot available on my team and grabbed Ty Johnson off of waivers this morning. Guice is available as a FA and I'd like to toss him in my IR spot, but have to drop someone to get him. Since I don't want to toss any of my other players to the waivers, I'm thinking of dropping Ty real quick, grabbing Guice and sticking him in IR and then re-ading Ty. 
Question is: Does a player picked from waivers return to waivers as soon as you drop them, or is it like a FA pickup where you have to have them on your roster for 24 hours before they go to waivers (otherwise going back to FA)?

So on yahoo I know if you have a player OUT on ir and he switches to questionable you have to activate in order to make moves. My question is what if I did all my waiver claims before the player became questionable, will they all be invalid or will they process???

Thanks

11 minutes ago, turner46 said:

So on yahoo I know if you have a player OUT on ir and he switches to questionable you have to activate in order to make moves. My question is what if I did all my waiver claims before the player became questionable, will they all be invalid or will they process???

Thanks

My guess is they won't process. Doesn't matter when you made the claims, matters when the claims process. 

• Thanks 1

Can we talk about the ESPN interface on PC?

My laptop is not the greatest, and neither is my internet, but it still seems unbelievably slow. I have other issues with changes they have made, but it seems so strange to me that it takes so long to load up every single page. Other (Yahoo) league is fine.

24 minutes ago, turner46 said:

Thanks

In that scenario, the waivers will process correctly. That's why I recommend making waiver claims on Monday before Yahoo changes player eligibility on Tuesday mornings.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I was first in my division at 6-5 with a head to head win over the 2nd place team that was 6-5. We both lose to go 6-6 and somehow he is now in first?!?! I am the commish and the tie-breaker is H2H record first, then points for. WTH!! 

• tonycpsu changed the title to 2019 Fantasy Football Platform Discussion