NBC Sports Edge Forums

Your best trade of the season?

Damien Williams for Godwin week 3 or

Adams/Stafford for Lamar/Sutton the day after Adams was hurt....I knew that wasn't gonna be good for a while. Actually just beat the guy I traded with  to go to the ship thanks to Lamar

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony Michel for Amari Cooper after week 3

Yuck.

My late 2019 1st for a 2020 1st and Lamar Jackson back in July.  

Devanta Freeman+josh gordon  for Joe Mixon in wk 4.

The bet was bengals o-line would get healthier, his volume would increase to slow the game down because the Bengals pass happy offense was getting blown out of games early vs Gordon would not work in NE scheme with the routes they were calling for him, and freeman would continue to split touches with Ito and lose gl work

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 7:38 AM, daethfromabove1979 said:

Traded away Chris Carson for Chris Godwin after week three in PPR, won that trade big time. 

It now appears I lost this trade, I might make the finals after tonight and really wish I had Chris Carson now. He plays Arizona is the final, he is going to win a lot of leagues.

The only reason I'm posting this is because I got the last laugh, and I still have a week left to go.........

6 weeks ago I traded D Henry and T Coleman for N Chubb and D Montgomery. Everyone here was on the Chubb side so I went ahead and pulled the trigger..... immediately after the trade processes, D Henry averages 200 yards/2 TDs per game and Chubb plays bleh.....

Well in last week's Semi, I had the honor to play against the guy I traded with. His Henry vs my N Chubb..... and boy oh boy did my entire team show up to lay some punishment. He might have won the trade by a landslide in the regular season, but I won the single matchup when it mattered.

My two big trades both in the same league (Standard)

Gave up Edelman and Damien Williams for Cooper Kupp and Matt Brieda (week 3)

Gave up Montgomery and T Mccluarin for Chris Godwin (week 4)

If Michael Thomas doesn't go off for 36 points tonight I'll be playing for the championship :D 

Might not be the best on paper, but in my dynasty league I gave up Josh Allen, Kamara & Mattison for Lamar Jackson, Conner & Samuels (whom I've dropped).  Lamar just about single-handedly carried my team into the playoffs and has me cruising to the championship game.  Hate to lose Kamara, but Lamar is a huge reason I am where I am.

Didn't help me much this year, but I'm hopeful for the long-term in my deep keeper:  Week 3, I gave McLaurin and Mostert for Kyler Murray and Tyler Boyd.  On top of that, I got Mostert back from free agency two weeks ago.  Being Rodgers barely cracked the top-10 this year (even though it WAS his best season in three years) and he seems to be transitioning to being a game manager, seemed prudent to get an heir apparent.  Just hoping Murray ends up being that.  Boyd and Mostert are just gravy if they become keepers.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Bill_Buckner said:

I’m always amazed at stories of trades in a fantasy football league. Every league I’m in it seems like people don’t even counter a trade offer (let alone accept it) unless you offer them a starter for a depth piece. 

i play in a 12 team dynasty. the managers are all active week-to-week and range from "average" to "very" knowledgeable. only like...3 of them will ever respond to trade offers with accept/decline or counter offers and every once in awhile they'll send a trade out. everybody else usually let's trade offers just sit there. I have no idea what that's about. i make 1-2 trades a season and I might be the most active trade partner in the whole league. 

back in august I traded Adam Thielen for Aaron Jones. up until Theilen got hurt it was mostly a wash. Jones has been a boon to a RB core that had to deal with James Conner and his shoulder injury this season. 

• Like 1

Looking back at it the 3 trades I made have gotten me to the championship, some were pure luck, I’m in the finals now will get at least $1500, if I win I’ll get $2500

1. Traded away my mark Ingram, Tyler Lockett, Tarik Cohen for Nick Chubb week 3

2. Traded away josh Jacobs and Darren Waller for Julio Jones week 5 ( I have kittle)

3. Traded away mike Evans and Kyler Murray for Deshaun Watson and Tyler Lockett 

None. I had an amazing draft and every single trade has bit me in the a**. 

My drafted team:

QB: Lamar

RB: CMC, Cook

WR: DJ Moore, Alshon

Flex: Chubb, Carson, Sutton

TE: Vance

DST: Pats

Bench: Dede, John Brown, Mattison, Darwin, Luck (LOL), Barber, and some other few I dropped 

sighhh

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat