• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sony Michel for Amari Cooper after week 3

Yuck.

My late 2019 1st for a 2020 1st and Lamar Jackson back in July.  

40 minutes ago, Truth11 said:

Best trade was Kamara for Mthom in like week 10!! On to the championship.

Wow, how on earth did you manage that?

I only had one trade all year which is weird for me. One team had lots of unglamorous players who kept racking up wins which meant I wasn't going to get value. The other team was really good but the league doesn't trade much at all - mine was the first one and there were only three in total! I wasn't going to post that trade....until this week it came up trumps.

I gave up Latavius, Kamara (while he was injured) and Hunter Henry for Saquon.

Team was loaded - I had Kelce, Andrews and Hunter Henry. From my point of view, I was swapping Kamara for Saquon and freeing up bench space. I thought of Saquon as an upgrade. Turned out to be kind of a wash, for me at least. Then I face that guy in the first round of the playoffs. He has Kamara and Henry playing, I have Saquon. Henry gets 10.90 - not amazing, and less than my Kelce. Kamara gets 4.30. Barkley is the only one left on Monday night. He gets 8.20...and I win by 0.92pts.. This week Saquon wakes up and kills it.

It's not an exaggeration to say that my one trade got me to the championship final.

My best trade (or nontrade) was one that the other owner didn't accept.

After Week 1, I offered a guy Lamar Jackson and Mixon for Baker and C Carson (I also had Wentz at QB so was just looking to upgrade my RB2).  He shot me down and responded with "Lamar is a  fluke and I want nothing to do with the Bengals offense".  Really happy that trade was never accepted lol.

The best actual completed trade was probably one where I gave up Tyler Boyd and Demarcus Robinson for a struggling Mike Evans in Week 3.  That turned my season around.

Edited by tts42572
  • Like 1
On 12/17/2019 at 8:54 AM, leffe186 said:

Wow, how on earth did you manage that?

I only had one trade all year which is weird for me. One team had lots of unglamorous players who kept racking up wins which meant I wasn't going to get value. The other team was really good but the league doesn't trade much at all - mine was the first one and there were only three in total! I wasn't going to post that trade....until this week it came up trumps.

I gave up Latavius, Kamara (while he was injured) and Hunter Henry for Saquon.

Team was loaded - I had Kelce, Andrews and Hunter Henry. From my point of view, I was swapping Kamara for Saquon and freeing up bench space. I thought of Saquon as an upgrade. Turned out to be kind of a wash, for me at least. Then I face that guy in the first round of the playoffs. He has Kamara and Henry playing, I have Saquon. Henry gets 10.90 - not amazing, and less than my Kelce. Kamara gets 4.30. Barkley is the only one left on Monday night. He gets 8.20...and I win by 0.92pts.. This week Saquon wakes up and kills it.

It's not an exaggeration to say that my one trade got me to the championship final.

...and then won me the final. Although actually it wouldn't have mattered because Kamara was great too, but it certainly meant I could relax early.