NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Smith

Br0kenB

Hidden
would u drop him for torian? its seems its back to the hot hand deal-dumb

No, because Torain is not going to see the field until Week 9 and it's no lock that he'll be effective.

Smith can still help you now.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the short-sighted mindset of most people here. Imagine if you were dealing with stocks? Kevin Smith has not run the ball well in the first 3 weeks. OK, he's a rookie who plays behind an O-line that protects you like...well let's say like you're using a $2 t-shirt as your bulletproof vest. The coach, apparently in desperation, said he'll ride the hot hand at RB, which means that Marinelli could soon be casualty #3 in the NFL this year. So if Rudy runs for 20 yds in 20 carries against the Bears (very likely), guess who's starting next week? I would not drop Smith but wait until he has a good game after Rudy is benched again and then trade him.

Ok...reading from the bold print...

It's a fact that Smith will be in a platoon once Rudi is up to speed? And you know this as fact...how?

Detroit is a pass happy team? Really?? this is because...??? The ghost of Mike Martz is still on the sideline?

MJD got stuffed at the 1...otherwise....blah...blah...blah.... FACT...MJD got stuffed at the 1. Didn't score. Nada. No TD. No need to speculate...because he actually got stuffed at the 1. Like he did plenty of times last year.

FACT: K. Smith is a starting RB. MJD is not.

Well looks like both are in a rbbc now! But I'm curious with how strongly you defended Smith, do you own him on any of your teams? if you do what do you plan on doing with him? I don't buy that "ride the hot hand" BS either, this team is still going to be pass happy (like I said back then) and they will be playing from behind

Well looks like both are in a rbbc now! But I'm curious with how strongly you defended Smith, do you own him on any of your teams? if you do what do you plan on doing with him? I don't buy that "ride the hot hand" BS either, this team is still going to be pass happy (like I said back then) and they will be playing from behind

Since the Lions will often be playing from behind, all Smith has to do is improve his pass blocking. Now I have no idea how long that will take him, but there's no doubt that Kevin Smith possess better receiving skills than Rudi does.

Hidden

on a serious note...i just proposed a trade of e. graham and k. smith for r. grant which was accepted...and i'm very happy aout it.

i think grant will be heavily relied upon with a. rodgers dinged up. this is the week he breaks off a few BIG runs and starts to earn his money.

k. smith may be an asset later in the year, but not in the near future.

thoughts?

Don't drop Kevin Smith, he signed approximately a $2 million deal..plus Rudi can't hold up with that Ham string. Kevin Smith is that team's future...Rudi and Kevin Smith are splitting carries this week versus Bears. Trust me when I tell Kevin Smith will get his job back and very soon. Mark my words! If he is available pick him up asap!! AND if have him hold on to him!! He will payoff toward the end of the season!

Don't drop Kevin Smith, he signed approximately a $2 million deal..plus Rudi can't hold up with that Ham string. Kevin Smith is that team's future...Rudi and Kevin Smith are splitting carries this week versus Bears. Trust me when I tell Kevin Smith will get his job back and very soon. Mark my words! If he is available pick him up asap!! AND if have him hold on to him!! He will payoff toward the end of the season!

I want to add Smith in my league but I'm not sure who to drop, possibly Selvin Young. I could drop one of my WR but not sure between DeSean Jackson, Roddy White or Lance Moore who I would get rid of. Smith could be good in the 2nd half of the year I agree.

tough call-young for smith-i would not drop any of your wide outs

Ditto. I'd actually rather have Kevin Smith than Selvin Young but don't drop any of those receivers. Even Lance Moore has at least 3-4 weeks of value left in him with Colston out.

Selvin Young is never going to be the back inside the 5 in Denver, he's behind both Pittman and Hall in that category. Kevin Smith is a guy who can get it in the endzone from short range and he's remained confident through his demotion. He really sounds like a guy who could be the lead RB again in a couple of weeks.

kevin smith was millen's guy, and, based on his mediocre performances so far this season, labeling him the team's future is a stretch... before 2007, rudi was probably the most reliable and injury-free rb over a 3 year span, and his hamstring injury from earlier this season is obviously a non-issue (he's not mentioned on detroit's injury report)... while i agree that smith may have some value late in the season if/when the lions pack it in, but it's only week 5 and he's going to be mediocre/below average for the next several weeks...

• 2 weeks later...

Shoulder bruise sidelines Kevin Smith

Rookie running back Kevin Smith played hurt until he couldn't any more. After playing most of the first half with what he called a bruised left shoulder -- suffered on a reception on the Lions' third offensive play of the game -- Smith watched the second half Sunday without pads on the sideline.

Yahoo has a blurb on it but it wasn't very specific.

Archived