NBC Sports Edge Forums

Win/Go Home Games- Week 13. How did your team do?

I started the year going 1-5 even though my team is stacked. Ran into terrible luck every week and remember seriously thinking about throwing in the towel on fantasy. I knew the only way to make it was to win out. That’s what I did. I went 6-1 to end this season including 5 straight as of right now and I’m squeezing into the playoffs!

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, meir52dcs said:

I started the year going 1-5 even though my team is stacked. Ran into terrible luck every week and remember seriously thinking about throwing in the towel on fantasy. I knew the only way to make it was to win out. That’s what I did. I went 6-1 to end this season including 5 straight as of right now and I’m squeezing into the playoffs!

The second you think about quitting, is always the moment when the game reels you back in. Incredible 

I've made countless bad decisions going into these final two weeks.  I put in the Rams defense against the Ravens last week because I was too proud to play the Jets against my lowly Raiders and it cost me dearly.  I put Golladay on my bench for the first time this year in favor of RoJo this week and it has cost me dearly.  I played the Jets defense this week instead of the Rams defense and it cost me dearly.  I played Winston over Josh Allen this week which also cost me some points.  With all of these missteps, I still have 10 points on the next guy, but he has the Seahawks kicker going tomorrow night.  If they put up 11, my season is done.  

I should've had this in the bag in so many different ways, but my mistakes I made over and over these past two weeks has me on the ropes hoping that I can squeeze in.  I don't deserve to make it with the way I've managed these past two weeks, but damn do I want to make the playoffs.

Got destroyed by James white...need 52!from Wilson and Lockett so yeah I lost by a large margin

11 hours ago, meir52dcs said:

I'm being a pedantic a**, but technically you didn't...

😁Congrats on making the playoffs!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
12 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I'm in but I benched my starters to kept an up coming 6-6 team out

Hahaha, this board never fails to make me appreciate my main league I play in with friends. Where having fun and socializing with each other is more important than being d!cks or doing shady stuff just to win a fake football game

• Like 1
12 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I'm in but I benched my starters to kept an up coming 6-6 team out

I think this is pathetic and classless. I only play in leagues with friends and I would never want to play in a league with anyone that thought this kind of crap is ok. If anyone did this nonsense in a league I'm commish in, there would absolutely be consequences and they wouldn't be invited back again.