Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

De'Anthony Melton 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm starting too think that Melton is secretly a Rotoworld writer or he owns the website....

f--- this guy. Drops a dud every time I pick him up. Sending his a** right back to the wire.

De'Anthony Melton started Wednesday's game vs. Houston, finishing with nine points, seven rebounds, three assists, one steal and one 3-pointer in 24 minutes. This line wasn't eye-catching, b

11 minutes ago, Obliviate said:

Yeah I'm quite disappointed as well but they got about 2 more games left for the week, we'll see what happens. 

Thinking of getting Troy Brown as he gets consistent minutes. I will just get this guy back next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't worry. This looked like a showcase game. Jenkins just kept riding out a Solomon Hill / Brooks / Crowder the entire 4th quarter while OKC climbed back and back because they kept attacking Hill defensively and they had no interior presence with Clarke playing Center against Adams. JV was on fire and he never put him back in, JJJ didn't play the whole fourth, so this is clearly not a noramlity. They were abused badly here on defense the entire 4th, that's not going to last. Jaren and Melton didn't play particularly well today, but before long he's going to be starting or getting a lot of minutes next to Morant. Especially as this team keeps slipping in the standings. They're playing competitively though, but Hill and Crowder aren't part of the future (and most likely Brooks too but they'll use him defacto).

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lifschitz said:

I wouldn't worry. This looked like a showcase game. Jenkins just kept riding out a Solomon Hill / Brooks / Crowder the entire 4th quarter while OKC climbed back and back because they kept attacking Hill defensively and they had no interior presence with Clarke playing Center against Adams. JV was on fire and he never put him back in, JJJ didn't play the whole fourth, so this is clearly not a noramlity. They were abused badly here on defense the entire 4th, that's not going to last. Jaren and Melton didn't play particularly well today, but before long he's going to be starting or getting a lot of minutes next to Morant. Especially as this team keeps slipping in the standings. They're playing competitively though, but Hill and Crowder aren't part of the future (and most likely Brooks too but they'll use him defacto).

 

JJJ is in foul trouble. Also, coach is giving more minutes to Solomon Hill? Yeah, different positions but both are good on defense. Should have go for Melton.

 

Anyway, really need help who is better ROS. Melton or Troy Brown? Yes, assistant coach right? :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ahtech said:

JJJ is in foul trouble. Also, coach is giving more minutes to Solomon Hill? Yeah, different positions but both are good on defense. Should have go for Melton.

 

Anyway, really need help who is better ROS. Melton or Troy Brown? Yes, assistant coach right? :)

 

JJJ was in foul trouble but they never even attempted to bring him in with 5 min left to help win the ball game, that seems EXTREMELY strange if you care about winning, why would you leave Solomon out there for a showcase? because I doubt teams are calling about Crowder and Solom anyways, so could be a brain fart, or could be they are trying to build up some sort of value for them.

It's hard to say as far as Brown/Melton. Brown is probably more trustworthy for the time being, but Melton also has solid upside. I just don't see Grayson Allen, Brooks, and Crowder as threats long term. It's pretty easy to see Crowder will eventually be moved/shut down - but for now Memphis is going to continue to try and develop winning habits until they eventually stop the charade, Brooks will play more SF min with Caboclo, and Allen is pretty bad (but he was playing decent before he injured his ankle). When they traded with the Suns for Josh Jackson and Melton in exchange for Jevon Carter/Korver, Memphis said they were eyeing Melton the whole time (they didn't even mention Jackson). So they clearly value him a lot. 

I like Melton as a long term stash better, but I like Brown more currently.

Brown has the multi-cat upside as well just like Melton, so I would go with him first, he's going to be inconsistent with scoring, but so is Melton. 

If Melton gets a clear 25+ min and a starting role, I think his upside is better though as far as this year. Brown isn't going to get a ton of shots next to Beal, and especially when Hachimura, Wagner, and Bryant return. 

They're pretty similar either way, but yeah, Brown first, Melton second.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

 

JJJ was in foul trouble but they never even attempted to bring him in with 5 min left to help win the ball game, that seems EXTREMELY strange if you care about winning, why would you leave Solomon out there for a showcase? because I doubt teams are calling about Crowder and Solom anyways, so could be a brain fart, or could be they are trying to build up some sort of value for them.

It's hard to say as far as Brown/Melton. Brown is probably more trustworthy for the time being, but Melton also has solid upside. I just don't see Grayson Allen, Brooks, and Crowder as threats long term. It's pretty easy to see Crowder will eventually be moved/shut down - but for now Memphis is going to continue to try and develop winning habits until they eventually stop the charade, Brooks will play more SF min with Caboclo, and Allen is pretty bad (but he was playing decent before he injured his ankle). When they traded with the Suns for Josh Jackson and Melton in exchange for Jevon Carter/Korver, Memphis said they were eyeing Melton the whole time (they didn't even mention Jackson). So they clearly value him a lot. 

I like Melton as a long term stash better, but I like Brown more currently.

Brown has the multi-cat upside as well just like Melton, so I would go with him first, he's going to be inconsistent with scoring, but so is Melton. 

If Melton gets a clear 25+ min and a starting role, I think his upside is better though as far as this year. Brown isn't going to get a ton of shots next to Beal, and especially when Hachimura, Wagner, and Bryant return. 

They're pretty similar either way, but yeah, Brown first, Melton second.

 

This is very helpful insight. Thank you so much!

 

I will get brown for now as he has consistent minutes and will just monitor melton in which I guess no one will scoop him off the wire. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justaguy said:

Man, this guy is a per minute monster. 

 

4/6/3/1 on 50% shooting....in 8 minutes. Incredible 

And to think he has the best +/- of the game. Not really sure why he is not been given a lot of minutes!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand how anyone in the right mind can play Grayson Allen and Dillon Brooks ahead of Melton. Guy plays 6 minutes and is 2nd on the Grizzlies in scoring, behind JJJ. Is Memphis interested in winning games right now or showcasing guys they want to deal at the deadline? So frustrating 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, justaguy said:

I don't understand how anyone in the right mind can play Grayson Allen and Dillon Brooks ahead of Melton. Guy plays 6 minutes and is 2nd on the Grizzlies in scoring, behind JJJ. Is Memphis interested in winning games right now or showcasing guys they want to deal at the deadline? So frustrating 

 

I watched this game just to see if Grayson Allen or Brooks were doing something that's not in the box score to justify their minutes. Nope. They are simply awful. 

I still think the merit has to rise to the top.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Wtf.....

look at the line he just put up in 12 minutes!

what is Jenkins doing? Stop giving scrubs 35 minutes a game and just play Melton and Clarke.

He was in early foul trouble 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...