NBC Sports Edge Forums

Post-12/15 trade candidates

2 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

With the crazy FA signings this offseason, the last trade made goes back to the Westbrook/CP3 trade. Demar Derozan and LMA, lol I've seen a rumor of DD going back to Toronto for either Gasol/Ibaka and a 1st.

Might as well w L. SkyWalker becoming a Jedi master now...

1 minute ago, DezedandConfused said:

With the crazy FA signings this offseason, the last trade made goes back to the Westbrook/CP3 trade. Demar Derozan and LMA, lol I've seen a rumor of DD going back to Toronto for either Gasol/Ibaka and a 1st.

Just fyi, OP created this thread referring to the players that cannot be traded until Dec 15th because they signed a new contract this off season.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2019/08/players-who-cant-be-traded-until-december-15-4.html

Demar and LMA have no restrictions to be traded right now, but I guess you can say trades might be more active after 12/15.

• Thanks 1

Thad Young is the only role player I can see a contending team find usefulness from. He's actually been playing well this season. Even added a reliable 3 pointer to his game.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Thanks 1

TT has been great this season.  Anyone that follows cavs know if the team will be shopping him to a contender? If that happened his value would almost surely plummet so want to consider selling now if people think there is a good chance he will be dealt. 

7 minutes ago, richg24 said:

TT has been great this season.  Anyone that follows cavs know if the team will be shopping him to a contender? If that happened his value would almost surely plummet so want to consider selling now if people think there is a good chance he will be dealt. 

i would love to see that, finally Nance would get the minutes he deserves to!!

6 minutes ago, richg24 said:

I honestly can't think of a good team in need of a psuedo center. I think the Cavs have no choice but to keep him. Just like myself. Been trying to shop him for weeks. No go.

• Like 1

Im hearing Jabari Parker back to the bucks 👀source was luke adams apparently. Also prior to Jabari's monster game against the Bucks he said it was said how it ended and how he would be open to coming back, so its something to keep an eye on & it's sort of hard to envision Jabari on the hawks come feb/mar. Maybe thats why they are playing him alot now aside from john collins being out, to showcase his skills and athleticism as trade bait so other teams would be interested.

I suppose any veteran player who is playing well but on a team looking to rebuild would be a potential trade candidate.  I would depend on the team's long-term view of how the player fits their rebuild plan.

D'Angelo Russell is a good candidate.  What is his long-term fit on the Warrier's once Curry and Thompson are back?

Marcus Morris and Julius Randle seem like good candidates. Both might bring in a young prospect and/or draft pick.  Morris is solid veteran who could play a role on a contender while Randle just isn't a good fit on the current Knicks roster.

Just thoughts without looking at the specifics of contracts.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Trench Mob said:

Maybe the Rockets? @richg24

His fantasy numbers would be even better lol. But are they even considered good? Personally no.

Well for a 3rd center off the wire I consider him good for sure. But I just needed the rebs and high fg% from him. His negative is still the ft% but this season his stocks are better than normal so if he stays in his current situation o think we should all be happy that we got a double double center with a block per game. 

I also agree with you that the interest in him would prob be limited. I def hope he stays with cavs and as a capela owner hell no keep him away from the rockets lol

Markieff Morris too, and in that case, Christian Wood would take off.

All of NYK signings: Elfrid, Randle, Portis, Marcus Morris.

DeAngelo Russell for sure.

Ariza isn't even playing in Sac. Previous also said T. Young.

Isaiah Thomas?

Can't really think of any other free agent signings that haven't worked out well with their new teams.

Haven't heard any whispers at all this season. Last season, you knew Ariza would be traded like a month before he left the Suns.

3 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Never going to happen

D'Lo, CP3 and Gallo probably the biggest names I imagine. Iggy will surely get moved somewhere - he's not fantasy relevant but could take minutes off someone who currently is (eg. a guy like Danuel House, Danny Green, Will Barton, etc.)

5 hours ago, JStyles said:

D'Lo, CP3 and Gallo probably the biggest names I imagine. Iggy will surely get moved somewhere - he's not fantasy relevant but could take minutes off someone who currently is (eg. a guy like Danuel House, Danny Green, Will Barton, etc.)

IDK if CP3 has to wait until 12/15 because he was traded not signed? IDK about D'Lo either because it was a sign and trade?

does the 12/15 deadline apply only to guys who signed with new teams, or also guys who resigned with the team they were on? What about guys who got extensions?

2 hours ago, idanking said:

Maybe Derozen or LMA if the spurs will not be in the playoff picture soon...

They could be traded at any time, they don't have to wait until 12/15.

Having said that, they just beat Houston without LMA. Maybe Lonie Walker is the spark they've been lacking. Not sure Pop will be ready to blow it up so soon.