NBC Sports Edge Forums

CJ McCollum 2019-2020 Outlook

I can't believe no thread for him exists up to this point?!?!

Just sharing his quote the other day after getting 4 blocks:

"I'll be at the rim every now and then, being a rim protector and helping people's fantasy teams."

Source: https://sports.yahoo.com/bizarro-world-hassan-whiteside-7-065528738.html

This kid knows what he's doing.

• Haha 3

Wow, yeah I’m surprised there hasn’t been a thread for him. I was thinking of selling high but nope, he’s been very consistent all season and the defensive stats keep on rolling in. Hope he keeps it up!

Edited by m1dday
  • tonycpsu changed the title to CJ McCollum 2019-2020 Outlook
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Is this guy a sell high or? Top 10 for the last couple of games and seems on fire?

I don't think so. He's one of the few players to average 36 mpg and it looks like Blazers need to keep doing that in order to make it into the playoffs. I think he's at one of the best spots where owners don't have to worry about load management. It doesn't look like he's playing ridiculously out of what he's been averaging in the past few years as well so it looks like a solid hold.

3 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Is this guy a sell high or? Top 10 for the last couple of games and seems on fire?

As CJ owner for the past few years, always a sell high when he’s rolling, always a buy low if he’s bad. That’s just CJ in general lol

But the biggest difference this year is the increase in blocks (more than he has in any year in his career) essentially making him a 2/1/1 player. 

Unless you can snag someone in the top 20-30, then that’s a no. Don’t forget CJ is generally pretty durable - aside from last season he’s barely missed games, which adds a lot to his value.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, m1dday said:

As CJ owner for the past few years, always a sell high when he’s rolling, always a buy low if he’s bad. That’s just CJ in general lol

But the biggest difference this year is the increase in blocks (more than he has in any year in his career) essentially making him a 2/1/1 player. 

Unless you can snag someone in the top 20-30, then that’s a no. Don’t forget CJ is generally pretty durable - aside from last season he’s barely missed games, which adds a lot to his value.

Yep, good point about the blocks. Even though 0.8 is higher than any of his previous seasons, I don't think that value is shiny enough for other owners to really buy into it. Across the board, he's still essentially same old CJ on a mini run.

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, kane said:

Already rule out tomorrow game

Makes it easy to bench someone for the massive game slate tomorrow, but they don't play again until Thursday and he wasn't spotted limping so hopefully he's good to go by then.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Blastoid said:

What does CJ have to do to get an airtime on these forums.  Balling for 2 weeks...... nothing.  Fighting a 7 footer....... nothing.  Come on give this guy some love.  

He was really about to give Len those hands too. 

Hell he even posted about it on IG after the game