Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Giancarlo Stanton 2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last year he had a bicep, shoulder, calf, knee, and quad injury.  A true 5 category powerhouse in Injury-only leagues.  

I’d like to congratulate him for making it to August before hitting the IL this year

Ahhh the first Giancarlo IL stint of the season During these crazy times, it’s always good to have something you can count on

Posted Images

so pissed yanks traded for him.  i was luke warm when they did it but damn.  they would be better off with tht DH spot open for someone like Andujar or Tauchman or Ford.  plus they coulda spent that big money on pitching

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

At least the Yanks put him on the IL before the lineup locks today. [...] 

Maybe they should just ice him until the playoffs. Cuz if he comes back you know he will be hurt again and possibly miss the playoffs.

Edited by tonycpsu
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, papasmurf said:

Well, at least he homered before going on the IL again.

And next year, the keeper decision will be easy.

I can’t believe you put yourself through the torture of keeping this guy again, Papa!

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, papasmurf said:

At least the Yanks put him on the IL before the lineup locks today. [...] 

Maybe they should just ice him until the playoffs. Cuz if he comes back you know he will be hurt again and possibly miss the playoffs.

It is so ludicrous now that the Yanks best case scenario is he becomes the next Ellsbury and they can find some way to not pay him lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BigPapi44 said:

Any news from the Yanks (or the locals in NYC) today about the MRI results and how long they are anticipating him being out?

ya they said pick up tauchman if still available 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

Reported to day 3-4 weeks...season will be practically over by the time he comes back.

3 weeks puts him in early Sept, which is still 3-4 weeks left.  That said, the likelihood he gets back quickly and does not develop some other injury while sleeping, walking, breathing, etc. is almost nil.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/9/2020 at 1:55 AM, jfazz23 said:

so pissed yanks traded for him.  i was luke warm when they did it but damn.  they would be better off with tht DH spot open for someone like Andujar or Tauchman or Ford.  plus they coulda spent that big money on pitching

I hated that trade in December of ‘17 ... I wanted the Yankees to sign JD Martinez.
 The Yankees were on the hook for at least 250+ MILLION Another ARod nightmare was coming, didn’t think the nightmare would be so damn quick. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

So it's been 2 plus weeks since he's been put on the IL. I'd put the chances of his 3 to 4 week time table as 0.0

 

tenor.gif?itemid=3488644

 

 

I don't doubt he comes back in the time frame.  Over/under number of games he is hurt again is probably 7.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, papasmurf said:

The yanks prolly better off keeping him out until one week before season end. Get him some ABs to prep for the postseason but not enough games to get hurt again. Dude's career as a FT player is over. 

Normally I would agree but that's what happened last year and he got hurt during the playoffs

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

Normally I would agree but that's what happened last year and he got hurt during the playoffs

 

Well at least he made it into the playoffs. If they bring him back with lets say two weeks of games to play, he is not gonna make it. Maybe they get him to play like 3 postseason games before he goes down. That's better than zero.

Maybe they shd just make him a workout coach slash pinch hitter. Soon as he gets on base, pinch runner.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, papasmurf said:

 

Well at least he made it into the playoffs. If they bring him back with lets say two weeks of games to play, he is not gonna make it. Maybe they get him to play like 3 postseason games before he goes down. That's better than zero.

Maybe they shd just make him a workout coach slash pinch hitter. Soon as he gets on base, pinch runner.

 

Let's be real here. He'd get hurt running to first. Ain't no pinch runner for that. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...