NBC Sports Edge Forums

15TH YEAR, 20 TEAM YAHOO! DYNASTY LEAGUE NEEDS REPLACEMENT

15th Year Yahoo! Dynasty League needs a replacement manager. This is a highly competitive league with a mix of great teams, rebuilding teams, and everything in between. We are publicly viewable on Yahoo! so you can see the link and take a look at the available team (Mavs) and the league. The roster and settings are also provided below. We usually turnover about 1 manager per year so this is a solid group of very competitive managers and a well established league in its 15th year. This team is available because the new manager that joined us a few months ago couldn't turn the team around as quickly as he hoped since it is such a competitive league. So only join if you are up for a challenge.

The league has 20 teams of 16 players each. If you are the new manager you will need to select 11 keepers from your 16 players and the following 5 roster spots will be filled by a messageboard draft over the course of about 2-3 weeks. You will get the #7 pick in each of the 5 rounds as this is a non-snaking draft of all players that weren't kept as keepers, rookies, and free agents from last year.

The Team:

1. 1. Patrick Beverly
  2. 2. Mikal Bridges
  3. 3. Malcolm Brogdon
  4. 4. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
  5. 5. Terance Mann
  6. 6. Robert Covington
  7. 7. Jae Crowder
  8. 8. Joel Embiid
  9. 9. Jarrett Culver
  10. 10. Alex Len
  11. 11. Damian Lillard
  12. 12. Darius Bazley
  13. 13. Mfiondu Kabengele
  14. 14. Romeo Langford
  15. 15. Jahlil Okafor
  16. 16. Carsen Edwards

The Yahoo! Settings:

League ID#:1594

League Name:National B'ball Dynasty (NBDL)

Auto-renew Enabled:Yes

Custom League URL:https://basketball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/nationalbasketballdynasty

Draft Type:Offline Draft

Max Teams:20

Keeper Settings:Yes, enable Keeper League Management tools

Keeper Deadline Date:Tue Sep 17 3:00am EDT

Scoring Type:Head-to-Head

Max Acquisitions for Entire Season:No maximum

Max Trades for Entire Season: No maximum

Trade End Date:February 26, 2020

Allow Draft Pick Trades:No

Waiver Time:2 days

Waiver Type:Continual rolling list

Waiver Mode:Standard

Can't Cut List Provider:None

Trade Review:Commissioner

Trade Reject Time:1 day

Post Draft Players:Free Agents

Max Acquisitions per Week:5

Weekly Deadline:Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on:Week 1

Playoffs:8 teams - Week 21, 22 and 23 (ends Sunday, Apr 5) 

Playoff Tie-Breaker:Best regular season record vs opponent wins

Playoff Reseeding:No

Lock Eliminated Teams:No

Divisions:No

Make League Publicly Viewable:Yes

Invite Permissions:Commissioner Only

Send unjoined players email reminders:Yes

Roster Positions:PG, PG, SG, SG, SF, SF, PF, PF, C, C, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

Players Stat Categories:Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)

Since this is such a competitive league I will not be taking the first person to apply, but the 1st person that shows they have the knowledge and background to show that they can compete. If you are interested in the team below please send me a private message answering the following questions. 

1) What is your background in fantasy basketball, especially as it relates to dynasty leagues and keepers?

2) What would be your plan for winning a championship with this team? IE: Players to build around, drop, trade for, which rookie to draft with the #7 pick this year, timeline for winning, categories to try to win/punt etc? These are just examples to give a little direction as to the depth of thinking that I am looking for in an answer.

Feel free to ask any and all questions and I will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Andrew. I have been in fantasy hoops since 1990(i'm 47). Smart, passionate and active GM. I would build a team that was balanced in all the cats and would obviously love to have a club of highly skilled and hard working men. Mail is mmpion9@gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you. Thx.

Mark

• 4 months later...