NBC Sports Edge Forums

Down to the Wire: Who at QB and Flex? (WHIR)

FIrst playoff week against the highest scoring team in the league.  (Our prospective lineups below.) I can't decide if my strategy should be to try to avoid any duds or whether I need to throw up a couple of hail maries. 

1. Who is my starting QB today between Darnold, Fitzpatrick, and Tannehill?  Tannehill has the safest floor but I worry he's been so efficient on so few passes the regression fairies already started to stalk him last week.  Raiders have been awful on pass defense but will they get a boost from hosting the Titans in the Black Hole?  Meanwhile, the Jets secondary is banged up and missing Jamal Adams. But the Jets are supposedly treating this as a revenge game and plan to focus on pressuring Fitzpatrick and possibly double covering Parker. Will that be enough to turn Fitzmagic back into TO hurling Fitzpatrick? Finally, Darnold was looking good until last week, and he may be passing more with Bell out. Darnold struggles under pressure, but the Dolphins aren't known for bringing any. Does Darnold shake off last week or will this be Bengals part 2?

2. Leaning Snell in the flex, but I wish he was used more in the red zone or in pass game. Do I still go with him or sub out for a higher upside lower floor guy like Chark, Deebo, or Guice?

Team in Sig. Half PPR league. My starters for this week are:

QB: [One of Darnold, Fitzpatrick, Tannehill]

RB: D.Freeman, K.Hunt

WR: Hopkins, Robinson

Flex: [One of Chark, Deebo, Guice, Snell]

TE: Henry

K: Zuerlain

DST: Steelers

My opponent is likely starting:

QB: Wentz

RB: McCaffrey, Gordon

WR: Kupp, Sutton

FLEX: Singletary

TE: Andrews

K: Lutz

DST: Texans

What others have chosen are good options but I’m choosing based off your matchup. Robinson has given you a good start but Clearly you are the underdog facing off against CMC, Gordon, Kupp among others. I’d be choosing boom/bust options. Chark or possibly Guice in your flex. I’d choose Darnold who has lowest floor but have a feeling he will do well this week against Dolphins in part for the reasons you mentioned.