NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook

For deeper leagues, KPJ could be someone to look out for. Mins are trending up, along with steals and points (with some rebounds and assists too); he could eventually be at least an end of bench guy.

Cleveland is often playing from behind and are rumored to be shopping Love and Thompson, so KPJ's playing time could increase quite soon. Not a league winner type by any means, but there may be some value.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drafted him, you tell us. 

You must have idiotic expectations if you think 19/8 on good percentages is getting eaten alive LOL

He got two techs and was tossed in that first garbage game       He's been getting steals all year and has upside for 1.5 steals with more minutes.  Also his length will get hi

• 2 weeks later...

Just picked him up in a 14t. He's a second half stash who already has a solid role and provides rosterable value with the Clarkson trade. A consistent 23-28 minutes shouldn't be out of the question considering he'll soak up some of his minutes playing at the 2, with more to come as Cleveland move their older pieces. I don't see Exum playing the same role Clarkson did.

Also, hoping he might start over Cedi at some point. Or maybe over Garland/Sexton.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Espoiral said:

Just picked him up in a 14t. He's a second half stash who already has a solid role and provides rosterable value with the Clarkson trade. A consistent 23-28 minutes shouldn't be out of the question considering he'll soak up some of his minutes playing at the 2, with more to come as Cleveland move their older pieces. I don't see Exum playing the same role Clarkson did.

Also, hoping he might start over Cedi at some point. Or maybe over Garland/Sexton.

Garland and Sexton shouldn't  affect this guy. KPJ will play the SG position. 

21 hours ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Hopefully second half of the season he starts for Osman. Kid has very good potential 

Agreed, has a higher ceiling. Already got more minutes than Osman the past two games.

Another possible path to starting: there's been talk of bringing Sexton off the bench (which makes sense). Garland is closer to a true PG that can make his teammates better, KPJ could move to the 2, and Sexton can be the scoring punch off the bench (source).

Either way, he's trending to get starters' minutes and plenty of FGAs, whether he starts or nots. I'm definitely intrigued to see how he improves over the season and what sort of stats he produces - he only played 22 mpg in one year at USC, so there are some unknowns there. As long as he doesn't wreck stats, I'm going to try to hang onto him to see how he progresses

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...