Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Kevin Porter Jr. 2019-2020 Outlook


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, m1dday said:

 

I think he can get it in control eventually. TOs are usually a rookie problem but nothing to worry about with some more coaching and development. This is a guy who was projected as high as top 5 for the draft so I'd think he can only get better with growing opportunity. 


I don't care that much about turnovers to be honest. It's the rebounds/assists that feel a little dicey to me. But I guess this is one of those situations where you're kind of holding a mystery box. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You drafted him, you tell us. 

You must have idiotic expectations if you think 19/8 on good percentages is getting eaten alive LOL

He got two techs and was tossed in that first garbage game       He's been getting steals all year and has upside for 1.5 steals with more minutes.  Also his length will get hi

18 minutes ago, Eltoro said:


I don't care that much about turnovers to be honest. It's the rebounds/assists that feel a little dicey to me. But I guess this is one of those situations where you're kind of holding a mystery box. 

 

I'm punting assists so it's fine - he's getting about 3 rebounds a game in limited minutes so I think he'll settle around 4, maybe 5. 

It's his steals that I like, getting a guy who can provide 3s, scoring and steals are valuable. He's almost getting a steal a game in limited minutes so maybe we can see him average about 1.4-1.5 with an added role.

Link to post
Share on other sites

He was 52% FT% in college, 60% in preseason, and came into tonight at 75% in the regular season. So he is overperforming. 

(Tonight's wonderful performance dropped him to 71.4%.)

Good news is he hasn't gotten to the line much.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, raggi01 said:

You think hes a drop now? Drummond really going to affect him that much?

Garland is coming around, Sexton is on fire, Drummond going to snag all the boards and get his points. Love is still there to jack up shots. Nance is their future franchise. Anything else????

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Garland is coming around, Sexton is on fire, Drummond going to snag all the boards and get his points. Love is still there to jack up shots. Nance is their future franchise. Anything else????

Nance is actually a year older than Drummond lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, orlgln said:

Nance is actually a year older than Drummond lol

Sighs. One guy is signed until 2023 under a 4 year contract and the other one is a free agent (possibly) who you are hoping to re-sign. Age has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. They Cavaliers gave Larry a 4 year contract. 

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Sighs. One guy is signed until 2023 under a 4 year contract and the other one is a free agent (possibly) who you are hoping to re-sign. Age has nothing to do with what I’m talking about. They Cavaliers gave Larry a 4 year contract. 

I'm not sure what you mean by future franchise. Yes they signed him to a 4 year extension in 2018 because they think he's a quality role player. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, orlgln said:

I'm not sure what you mean by future franchise. Yes they signed him to a 4 year extension in 2018 because they think he's a quality role player. 

You know what you are right! Pick up Kevin Porter Jr. he will be unaffected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy and not happy about the trade.  I stashed Wood and KPJ.  One was a hit, the other is a mild bust after the trade.

 

The question isn't whether KPJ is droppable in a vacuum.. It's whether he's the choice to drop if someone good is on the wire..   eg.  Lot's of buzz about Ky Bowman with literally ZERO PGs in GSW.  It's a question like that you should be asking when thinking about KPJ's value.  Because in a value, I don't think KPJ is a drop because it's worth seeing what he's got with this new look Cavs.  But still, it's a worry and you have to think about dropping him for the right player.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...