NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I use the app all the time for the messenger texting in all my leagues.  Both for all league-wide chats and individual one-on-one stuff.  All trades are usually discussed that way.  Also for off line draft picks during the mini-redraft if not near my laptop.  During the season for daily line-up changes on the fly.  But why would I not use my laptop otherwise?  To me the phone app is basically a back-up when you are on the move and aren't near your computer or are too lazy to get up and cross the room to it when someone texts you.  So the Yahoo phone sports app is just fine for my needs.

True, chat is nice, I'll give you that. For adds, drops, player searches, trades, and that type of action, I just go to the bookmarked webpage, on my phone, not a laptop.

Edited by Bigfische
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

On 2/17/2020 at 12:32 PM, shakestreet said:

The way he sprouts off, Yahooooo is flawless. Has he ever used a different platform? 

Yahoo is far from flawless, but I do like it the best of all the platforms I've used. They all have flaws and issues. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Bigfische said:

I'm a yahoo fantasy supporter, but the app is no bueno for everything except drafting. I use the website on my phone for everything.

I have no problems with the app for FAAB and FAs...trade offers...moving players in and out of my lineup...checking the standings. Works well for me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You have better eye sight than I, sir. 

Lol, that's true, too. I'm not sure why he doesn't like the other stuff on the app. I've had zero problems using the app for everything. It's different from the website, for sure, but it's pretty easy and painless. 

37 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Lol, that's true, too. I'm not sure why he doesn't like the other stuff on the app. I've had zero problems using the app for everything. It's different from the website, for sure, but it's pretty easy and painless. 

I think it's how I like to search stats. There's just not enough numbers/players on sceen at once to quickly look at back and forth to compare. If I was going to look for a specific player, sure. If I'm trying to see who ahd the most steals in the last 2 weeks and cross check that with highest batting average, that's a lot of scrolling all of a sudden. 

Edited by Bigfische
14 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

I think it's how I like to search stats. There's just not enough numbers/players on sceen at once to quickly look at back and forth to compare. If I was going to look for a specific player, sure. If I'm trying to see who ahd the most steals in the last 2 weeks and cross check that with highest batting average, that's a lot of scrolling all of a sudden. 

Gotcha. That makes sense. 

22 hours ago, LarsonLarsen said:

Nobody has mentioned the actual best thing about Yahoo. They hold the money and take no rake.

Agree. Love that feature.

I also have no problems with the app.

My 2 main problems with yahoo are: 1)being late EVERY year. (still waiting on cash/pro leagues this year) It's always something. 2) They refuse to fix the Ohtani problem.

3 hours ago, Ray Zorback said:

Agree. Love that feature.

I also have no problems with the app.

My 2 main problems with yahoo are: 1)being late EVERY year. (still waiting on cash/pro leagues this year) It's always something. 2) They refuse to fix the Ohtani problem.

It just isn't Ohtani now...  Also it isn't a "problem", that is just how they decided to deal with it...

They said they would have to re-program their core software entirely to merge a hitter and pitcher.  Whoever wrote the original program had no idea of what the future would hold or that he boxed them into a corner where they would have to basically tear apart everything and start from scratch to fix it.  Software on other platforms didn't use this blueprint obviously so they could do quick fixes where Yahoo couldn't.  

But it is getting worse.  Michael Lorenzen now joins Ohtani and McKay on the Splits 'R' Us list this season.

On 2/19/2020 at 3:20 PM, Flyman75 said:

Yahoo is far from flawless, but I do like it the best of all the platforms I've used. They all have flaws and issues. 

ESPN is still my go to site and I do like it the best. This year I will be using Fantrax, Fleaflicker & yahooooo. 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

ESPN is still my go to site and I do like it the best. This year I will be using Fantrax, Fleaflicker & yahooooo. 

I'll be doing a football league on FleaFlicker this year, so I'm curious to see how it'll run. From what I could tell, customizing on Flea for baseball seemed kinda limited. I'd be willing to give Fantrax another run, but I didn't really care for their interface. But I will readily admit that part of that comes from having played on Yahoo since the 2005 season and just being accustomed to how it looks and operates. I just haven't found one that I prefer over it. 

18 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

I'll be doing a football league on FleaFlicker this year, so I'm curious to see how it'll run. From what I could tell, customizing on Flea for baseball seemed kinda limited. I'd be willing to give Fantrax another run, but I didn't really care for their interface. But I will readily admit that part of that comes from having played on Yahoo since the 2005 season and just being accustomed to how it looks and operates. I just haven't found one that I prefer over it. 

My yahooooo fantasy dates back to ‘06. Played exclusively in 06 & 07, then found ESPN. 
I started with fleaflicker football in ‘08 played two years with the same group of guys. I only use fleaflicker for baseball been there since ‘15. 

19 hours ago, posty said:

It just isn't Ohtani now...  Also it isn't a "problem", that is just how they decided to deal with it...

It is a problem. They decided not to deal with it. They have had over 3 years to fix, patch, re-build, whatever...They took the easy way out instead of improving their product.

• Like 1

am i the only one having to jump through hoops to verify who i am for yahoo pro leagues? not like have have done them for the  last 5 years or anything. wont let me join even after giving them my social. now they need a picture of photo id? WTF

Edited by colepenhagen