NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

About to do a job on fffing Yahoo tonight and tomorrow and just saw that they don't have Jordan Montgomery in the player pool.  Really?

He is not only there but on one of my teams.

And he has been in the database for years.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

I have got 2 questions:

1) Is anyone else having a problem drafting on Yahoo public leagues? I have tried to get a rotisserie auction going, but the league always gets cancelled due to not enough people being in the league. It has happened 3 times already, and this morning looks like it will happen for a 4th time. If you look at all of the available times, because they show this now, it looks like only 15 or so people are doing this type of public league today. As a matter of fact, it looks like unless you want to do a H2H draft, no league will get off the ground. I have never had this problem in the past. Something has to be broken on Yahoo, right? Or is it me?

2) Does anyone know of a website that I can use for my league to draft prospects? I have a Fantrax league and I would use Fantrax, but they rank the prospects based on what they are going to do this year. So lets say Wander Franco, he is not ranked first. He might be ranked 1,000, because he is not going to play in the majors this year. So anyone who does not participate will get crappy prospects, if you can even call them that. I want to have a website that will allow us to only draft players with rookie status (130 AB or 50 IP, or less). Right now, I am doing it manually while using MLB.com's prospect ranking as the auto draft. This is a very painstaking task. Is there a good website that we can do this on?

Thanks for any help.

You can upload your own rankings to Fantrax as a CSV file and the draft room will sort them that way.  Each owner has to do that, though, so if your problem is "people aren't participating", well, it doesn't solve that.  If people can't be bothered to do a prospect draft, your best bet is probably to find replacement owners who will.

It's not that they can't be bothered to do a prospect draft, it's because schedules just don't match up. It seems like no matter what day we can do it, there is always 1 or 2 people that can't do it that day. Hence, my problem.

But I didn't know you could do that. That could potentially be a solution. How do you do it?

And if anyone still knows of a site that you can do what I asked above, I'd still like to know.

2 hours ago, enfuego360 said:

I have got 2 questions:

1) Is anyone else having a problem drafting on Yahoo public leagues? I have tried to get a rotisserie auction going, but the league always gets cancelled due to not enough people being in the league. It has happened 3 times already, and this morning looks like it will happen for a 4th time. If you look at all of the available times, because they show this now, it looks like only 15 or so people are doing this type of public league today. As a matter of fact, it looks like unless you want to do a H2H draft, no league will get off the ground. I have never had this problem in the past. Something has to be broken on Yahoo, right? Or is it me?

Anyone having this issue? It has now happened to me 4 times.

9 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

He is not wrong.  Maybe you aren't searching correctly. 

He is definitely in there; I found him in my league...it may have to do with settings and whether or not you use P or RP other than just SP eligible players. If not, reach out to Yahoo Fantasy Care on twitter. Guy Lake is a good rep,too, who responds.

• Like 3
14 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

He is definitely in there; I found him in my league...it may have to do with settings and whether or not you use P or RP other than just SP eligible players. If not, reach out to Yahoo Fantasy Care on twitter. Guy Lake is a good rep,too, who responds.

Thats prob it. If league only has SP and RP slots he wouldn't show up because he is only P eligible.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Dam that is it.  Its a RP and SP league so there is no way at the moment for him to appear.

I haven't read all the way through the thread again, but has anyone used FleaFlicker for baseball? One of my football leagues is moving to FF this fall, and I like what I see so far. But I'm curious about how it is with baseball and how customizable it is. We use NA keepers, which are a pain on Yahoo, and we have 30-man rosters plus two NA slots during the season. 

3 hours ago, tonycpsu said:

Yahoo promises a fix in time for the 2025 season.

Well Yahoo did enter fast rising prospect Erick Pena into the database over night since someone in my league nabbed him in the wee hours this morning before I noticed he was added.  So at least they are still working.

I was scheduled to have a draft tonight at 8:00 EST. I hadn't kept track of the number of teams in the league but maybe it wasn't the full 12 teams. I figured the league would fill up, with yahoo including teams set for auto draft. but nope. this is the first time I have seen this message ever. now I guess it doesn't matter since baseball wont be starting for awhile but I was still looking forward to having a draft tonight and was all prepared before getting this email..

Hello,

Unfortunately, we were unable to draft players into your public league scheduled to draft at Mar 22, 2020 - 5:00 pm PT because not enough managers joined the league prior to the scheduled draft time. As a result, we deleted this league.

We apologize for any inconvenience and invite you to join another public league or browse our custom leagues.

I did notice another email from roughly 2 hours ago from a user saying they were sorry they had to drop out because they were under doctor's care, so maybe that didn't allow yahoo time to get another replacement?

Gentleman
Know its late but i have to drop out.
I am currently under doctors care and cant take the time .
Good Luck and see you on thee other side,

still frustrating preparing for a draft and waiting 30 minutes before being ready to draft and seeing this.

8 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I was scheduled to have a draft tonight at 8:00 EST. I hadn't kept track of the number of teams in the league but maybe it wasn't the full 12 teams. I figured the league would fill up, with yahoo including teams set for auto draft. but nope. this is the first time I have seen this message ever. now I guess it doesn't matter since baseball wont be starting for awhile but I was still looking forward to having a draft tonight and was all prepared before getting this email..

I did notice another email from roughly 2 hours ago from a user saying they were sorry they had to drop out because they were under doctor's care, so maybe that didn't allow yahoo time to get another replacement?

still frustrating preparing for a draft and waiting 30 minutes before being ready to draft and seeing this.

In public leagues if the league isn’t full prior to an hour before set draft time the league will be cancelled. Its been that way for years on Yahoo.  
Appears that guy had to bail out prior to that last hour and nobody else filled the spot. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, SpecialFNK said:

Holy hell that sucks.

Not that much can be done now - dude should not have done that. 

I believe if you're playing H2H that yes, logically you need an even amount of teams. The downside with a public league is it's a computer running it so it only tries to recruit another player in a whole two hours rather than cutting a player before the entire draft is scuttled.

As a private league commish I'd keep that spot open as a "dead spot" that simply autodrafts and then does nothing the rest of the year rather than blow it all up. I'd know damn well I'm not getting a new owner in 2 hours. 

Douche move - "doctor's orders" or not.

1 minute ago, Bugs bunny said:

In public leagues if the league isn’t full prior to an hour before set draft time the league will be cancelled. Its been that way for years on Yahoo. 

thanks for this information. I wasn't even aware of that, been drafting in yahoo since 2005.

• Haha 1