NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, colepenhagen said:

anybody know exactly how to have commish randomize draft order on yahoo? im not commish so not 100% sure is it under commish tab, draft and keepers? or is it under the draft tab? or something else. 

If you choose random it does it 30 min before draft. You can't just force a random beforehand. Better off just throwing names in a random generator and setting it custom.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

If you choose random it does it 30 min before draft. You can't just force a random beforehand. Better off just throwing names in a random generator and setting it custom.

100% Agree - I have done this in the past and screen-printed the randomizer results and shared with the league.

Random.org is my fave been using it for years.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

you/commish can randomize it on yahoo for custom leagues. much easier. just not 100% sure where it is.

8 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

you/commish can randomize it on yahoo for custom leagues. much easier. just not 100% sure where it is.

Yeah you can do it in Commish Tools. But Y! won't randomize for you - that's why you use a randomizer as I referred to above. 

1. Plug all 10/12/however-many teams into the randomizer and hit "randomize".

2. Screen-print the results and send to all owners in the custom league.

3. Enter the randomized draft order using Commish Tools.

On 2/23/2020 at 4:17 AM, Ray Zorback said:

no it is a problem. You may not think it is, but it is. He is not 2 people, he is one person and of course they can go back. That’s ridiculous. 

No it is not a problem.
Will Smith is 2 players too. Yet nobody cries about that endlessly. Why? Because he is 2 players in real life?
This is a game of Fantasy. Use your imagination, and imagine that the two 2 Ohtanis are not the same person in real life, like Will Smith.
How hard is that?
If you can't do that, play something else. A Fantasy game is not for you.

Edited by JCD
  • Like 1

I thought yahoo public leagues would have more people signed up to draft simply to do something normal related to baseball, but when picking date and times throughout the day it's mostly 0 people with maybe the odd time 1 or 2.

12 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I thought yahoo public leagues would have more people signed up to draft simply to do something normal related to baseball, but when picking date and times throughout the day it's mostly 0 people with maybe the odd time 1 or 2.

Yeah I was hoping to get into about 8 of their pro leagues but have only been able to get into 2. I don't see anything even close to filling mostly leagues with either 0, 1 or 2 people in them. Hopefully there more action in April.

It was the opposite problem before all of this nonsense. There were very limited time slots and every league was filling. Assuming once there's more certainty it will probably be more like that.

• Like 1
On 3/28/2020 at 4:45 PM, Sidearmer said:

It was the opposite problem before all of this nonsense. There were very limited time slots and every league was filling. Assuming once there's more certainty it will probably be more like that.

Yes.

1 hour ago, WTP333 said:

Not sure why all of the posts regarding Yahoo’s NA issues were removed, but thy have finally updated and given the appropriate players their NA designation 

This is a golden opportunity to grab some NA if your league settings allow it. IL as well. On a team I went light on pitching during draft (12-teamer) - welcome Howard and Fulmer. 

All things normal probably would only have gotten one of those guys - maybe even none.

3 hours ago, WTP333 said:

Not sure why all of the posts regarding Yahoo’s NA issues were removed, but thy have finally updated and given the appropriate players their NA designation 

Not for me.  My NA players that have been sent down officially by their team haven't received their NA designation yet.  Nor anyone else's in my dynasty leagues.  The players with an NA perhaps three weeks ago or more are fine but the last 2 or 3 weeks I see no movement at all.  So no, they haven't given most of the appropriate players their NA designation yet.

Can you list some players that just got their NA in the past week so I can feel some hope for my remaining guys on our message boards "don't touch these prospect guys who are still missing their NAs" lists.  Thanks in advance.

18 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not for me.  My NA players that have been sent down officially by their team haven't received their NA designation yet.  Nor anyone else's in my dynasty leagues.  The players with an NA perhaps three weeks ago or more are fine but the last 2 or 3 weeks I see no movement at all.  So no, they haven't given most of the appropriate players their NA designation yet.

Can you list some players that just got their NA in the past week so I can feel some hope for my remaining guys on our message boards "don't touch these prospect guys who are still missing their NAs" lists.  Thanks in advance.

In my league, Kopech, McKay, Civale, NLowe etc have NA status now, as of a few hours ago 

Very weird that it has not happened in your league 

45 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

In my league, Kopech, McKay, Civale, NLowe etc have NA status now, as of a few hours ago 

Very weird that it has not happened in your league 

You are totally right.  Guess I was looking at the wrong samples.  And my guys are still not NA'ed like (example) Seth Beer who was most definitely sent down along with 4 or 5 others yet Yahoo still ignores him.  I'll keep monitoring and if the ones I know of my guys don't get their NA I'll start sending in error reports to Yahoo.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Good news as in Yahoo updated again finally.  More prospects that were sent down like 2 or 3 weeks ago FINALLY have their NA beside their names.  Dalbec, Ke'Bryan Hayes, Mountcastle and Ronaldo Hernandez among others.  They still don't have them all but they at least are SLOWLY getting this done.

Of course Chris Sale is still "day-to-day" so not eligible for the IL slots.  That is gonna be a hell of a lot of days.  And given that Luis Severino is STILL day-to-day I don't think the IL slots on teams will be seeing either any time soon.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got a team in one of the public leagues. There are a few FA players I've had my eye on to add. But, Yahoo keeps extending the waiver date: April 14, April 15, April 16, April 17, April 18. It's a little annoying.

4 hours ago, dan said:

I've got a team in one of the public leagues. There are a few FA players I've had my eye on to add. But, Yahoo keeps extending the waiver date: April 14, April 15, April 16, April 17, April 18. It's a little annoying.

FAAB bid 0.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm commissioner of a Yahoo league and since our draft has been postponed until we get a definitive start date my league mates want to set the draft order now to give them something to think about in the meantime. When I go to commissioner tools, I see this: 

Edit Draft Order & Assign Keeper Players
Availability: Pre-Draft Only,
League Types: Live, Auto
Set the draft position for each team in your league. Assign keeper league players for any team, in any round of the draft. You must Finalize Team List before you can use this tool. Available until approximately ONE HOUR prior to draft.

But there is nowhere to click. My league is a redraft with an online live draft. Anyone know if this is possible? I'd email Yahoo but I never get an answer.
1 hour ago, supac720 said:

I think you have to click Finalize Team List for that link to open so you can adjust the draft order.

Yep, that worked! Thanks 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...