NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

On 6/22/2020 at 10:23 AM, calcalkid said:

Do Yahoo Pro Leagues have a minimum game clause?

Was wondering this too. Really wonder what Yahoo is doing with all of these Pro Leagues. Can they really just hold everyone's money and make us play?

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sidearmer said:

Was wondering this too. Really wonder what Yahoo is doing with all of these Pro Leagues. Can they really just hold everyone's money and make us play?

I posted this in all my YPro leagues, I assume they'll have a statement soon but this is what happened in basketball.

"This being a unprecedented situation we were forced to make a decision where it would be impossible to make everyone happy. We appreciate your understanding.

People signed up for a full fantasy season including playoffs and that did not happen. We elected to use the regular season standings as final standings because it was the only thing we had to work with. With payouts we decided to refund all members since there was not a complete season. You have to understand this situation is unprecedented. I apologize if you are not happy with how we handled this situation but I appreciate you reaching out with your feedback.

Due to regulations on paid games, we are unable to alter any payout structures. We cannot make changes to who or what amount gets paid out after members agree to the terms of the contest at the beginning of the season. Since the season did not complete as expected, the terms were invalidated and we are refunding all members. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for reaching out with your questions."

I spent 20 weeks managing my basketball teams and all were in position to have a shot at cashing, many had 1st round byes locked up, there decision gives me the same amount of money as teams 40 games behind me who have checked out. YPro can suck it imo but let's see what decision they come to. I'll play if need be but would rather a refund because like they said about basketball this is unprecedented.

I've learned to never say never, how's yahoo best ball??? I will continue yahoo DFS and who knows with $ in the account maybe with a few beers in me I'll wind up in another YPro league we shall see.

In closing, first and foremost I hope everyone is safe and well and second what are your guys opinions.

• Thanks 1

Based on the basketball and hockey pro league precedent, this is hopefully what yahoo pro leagues would do for baseball also for leagues already drafted.  And I agree, the only fair thing would be to refund everyone's $.  When we drafted our teams back in February, we didn't sign up for 60 games and random players we already drafted opting out of even playing the season. 

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 2

pretty sure yahoo will continue on as is. just read a yahoo article by scott p and he mentioned more ypro drafts closer to season start. dont think they can just scrap teams that already paid and drafted.

im just going to stick to the 7 teams i already drafted. was going to do another 5 but this 60 game, virus season is going to be crazy. got to play to win every week or limit the loss.

anyone want to do the math and let us know how many regular season weeks there will be starting on week 1 july 23/24?

20 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

pretty sure yahoo will continue on as is. just read a yahoo article by scott p and he mentioned more ypro drafts closer to season start. dont think they can just scrap teams that already paid and drafted.

im just going to stick to the 7 teams i already drafted. was going to do another 5 but this 60 game, virus season is going to be crazy. got to play to win every week or limit the loss.

anyone want to do the math and let us know how many regular season weeks there will be starting on week 1 july 23/24?

"This being a unprecedented situation we were forced to make a decision where it would be impossible to make everyone happy. We appreciate your understanding.

People signed up for a full fantasy season including playoffs and that did not happen. We elected to use the regular season standings as final standings because it was the only thing we had to work with. With payouts we decided to refund all members since there was not a complete season. You have to understand this situation is unprecedented. I apologize if you are not happy with how we handled this situation but I appreciate you reaching out with your feedback.

Due to regulations on paid games, we are unable to alter any payout structures. We cannot make changes to who or what amount gets paid out after members agree to the terms of the contest at the beginning of the season. Since the season did not complete as expected, the terms were invalidated and we are refunding all members. We appreciate your understanding and thank you for reaching out with your questions."

Hypocrites.

3 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

I believe the agreement was for 60 days plus up to 10 travel/rain out days built in but they may have cut back on the latter given they are starting a few days later.  So 9 weeks for sure and perhaps up to 10.  All this covid willing of course.

7 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

Opening up more pro leagues before the 60 game season starts would be different, because people who decide to join a league now will be aware of the risk of what they're getting into.  But for those of us who drafted back in February, we had no idea of a pandemic, a joke of a 60 game season, and players we already drafted being able opt out of playing.

Edited by El_Chingon
  • Like 1

I'm going to assume the answer is "no" but does anyone know in Yahoo H2H leagues if there is an option to configure you play against multiple opponents each week? With this shortened season, i'm getting complaints from my league and thought this might be a way to "smooth out" SOME randomness 

1 hour ago, midlip said:

I'm going to assume the answer is "no" but does anyone know in Yahoo H2H leagues if there is an option to configure you play against multiple opponents each week? With this shortened season, i'm getting complaints from my league and thought this might be a way to "smooth out" SOME randomness 

Go back in this thread I think that question was asked  

IMO...  this season is full of questions and luck. The only game to play is DFS. 

1 hour ago, midlip said:

On 6/19/2020 at 11:46 AM, exm said:

Can Yahoo do multiple matchups every week (to simulate a full season)? Is that possible?

On 6/19/2020 at 12:33 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

No.

Has anyone setup FanDuel private contests? We have decided to not have our keeper league this season.  But some of the league members have discussed having some private FanDuel contests each day.  Is that something that can be done?  A contest of 5 or 6 teams where we each throw in $10 and pay out the top spot or 2?

CBS Baseball Commissioner will be free for 2020. Those who have paid will receive a refund.

Received this email from CBS:

We hope you have had a healthy and safe extended offseason. With this week's news of the announced return of Major League Baseball, we are thrilled to say Fantasy Baseball is back!
We understand that it's still an uncertain time for many people and that 2020 will not be a traditional Fantasy Baseball season. With that in mind, we are taking steps to ensure your leagues can also return to the field:
Free for 2020 – Baseball Commissioner will be free for the 2020 Fantasy Baseball season. In the event that you have previously paid for your 2020 Fantasy Baseball leagues, you are eligible to receive a full refund of your payment for your 2020 Fantasy Baseball leagues.
Customized for the Short Season – We have already updated your league schedules and, through your Commish tools, you can also edit scoring and roster settings for the new format.
For more information about the refund and how to customize your leagues, please visit our FAQ located in the Help Center.
We hope that these updates will help get your 2020 Fantasy Baseball leagues back in the action and have an enjoyable season. We look forward to playing alongside you again this year and hope you stay well.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, pauloneillreds said:

Yahoo usually adds players to the player pool when they’re added to the 40-man roster. Anyone know if they’ll now do that when on 60-man?

Yahoo adds ones not in the database after they are called up to the now 26 man roster.

Yahoo and other platforms (ESPN etc) get their prospects added via a sub-contractor who sends them data packets in the spring.  Yahoo has plenty of prospects NOT even on the 40 man roster already.  Tons of them.

So their leagues already have all the prospects that will end up on these teams' 60 man lists already except this year's rookie draft guys just taken a few weeks ago that will be added to some team's lists to give them some seasoning on the taxi squads.  They probably won't be called up at all but yeah it would be nice to squirrel them away in NA slots and on spreadsheets.  But to do this is pretty much the sub-contractor's thing.

In some cases in the past Yahoo has added a few prospects by hand if enough people contact them through their help system which is semi-hidden and very hard to find and the link is only in the fine print at the bottom of one page as I recall.  So you could ask them  after Sunday's lists come out about that.  

To get there go to Baseball '20 Menu on top and select Overview and scroll to the bottom to the light gray teeny tiny fine print and click on the single word Help (doesn't even look like a link but it is). 

Follow the bread crumb trail several more clicks starting with "Error" on the left of the first page to reach the problems section but don't use it until a guy that is missing is actually on this 60 man list thus an "error".  None of the "errors" will fit your case -- they never do with anything it seems -- but just pick one and explain in the little comment box what you see as a problem aka rookie draft picks on 60 man list not in data base.  Helps to give the names of the missing as well.

But again wait to see if they do NOT add them next week or not.  Maybe Yahoo will surprise us and actually do it without being petitioned ... haha.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1

IF you are choosing to do a short season, money stakes or not, then utilize the CBS 'commish' platform (for free!) and a vast majority of your league will see why they can charge for their service.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

IF you are choosing to do a short season, money stakes or not, then utilize the CBS 'commish' platform (for free!) and a vast majority of your league will see why they can charge for their service.

So do i have to purchase it in order to get the commish, or can i just upgrade? 

I don't know if this was asked, but how would yahoo work in games played for position eligibility that would then carry over to 2021? even in a shortened season would players still need 5 games started or 10 games played in order to get that eligibility for this season and then to carry over that position for next season?

it would be better if players could carry over whatever position they finished with in 2019 into 2021 regardless of how 2020 plays out. for example I doubt Mike Moustakas is going to play 3B for the Reds in whatever the season looks like, but because this season will be a mess he should still carry over 3B eligibility along with new 2B eligibility into 2021.

• Like 1
On 6/27/2020 at 11:30 AM, SpecialFNK said:

I don't know if this was asked, but how would yahoo work in games played for position eligibility that would then carry over to 2021? even in a shortened season would players still need 5 games started or 10 games played in order to get that eligibility for this season and then to carry over that position for next season?

it would be better if players could carry over whatever position they finished with in 2019 into 2021 regardless of how 2020 plays out. for example I doubt Mike Moustakas is going to play 3B for the Reds in whatever the season looks like, but because this season will be a mess he should still carry over 3B eligibility along with new 2B eligibility into 2021.

I'm not sure about Yahoo but ESPN has said it's 5 to get a position this season, 10 to keep it for next year. It's typically 10-20 so this is welcomed! 

11 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

shucks so many hrs wasted in bball and baseball. exploiting trash owners for trades going down the sh*tter

kill me

https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvq4541bCG1qa68j2o1_r1_500.gif

Feel the same in basketball, only 3 leagues but was 1st in 2 and 2nd in the other, 2 of them the first round bye was already clinched and to get refunded I was angry at the decision. I did 4 baseball leagues but I agree with the baseball decision but if your playing heavy volume my condolences.

14 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Is h2h baseball dead for 2020? How would it work with just 60 days?

I think anybody signing up for H2H this year is giving themselves some easily avoidable headaches.