NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

On 6/26/2020 at 10:30 PM, ST. STEVEN said:

IF you are choosing to do a short season, money stakes or not, then utilize the CBS 'commish' platform (for free!) and a vast majority of your league will see why they can charge for their service.

I'm in a CBS Commish league. I simply hate the CBS platform. 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:08 PM, El_Chingon said:

Based on the basketball and hockey pro league precedent, this is hopefully what yahoo pro leagues would do for baseball also for leagues already drafted.  And I agree, the only fair thing would be to refund everyone's $.  When we drafted our teams back in February, we didn't sign up for 60 games and random players we already drafted opting out of even playing the season. 

Looks like thankfully yahoo will refund pro leagues drafted previously:https://www.forbes.com/sites/shlomosprung/2020/06/28/yahoo-sports-fantasy-baseball-2020-mlb-season-coronavirus-pandemic/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

43 minutes ago, buzzkilloton said:

That was the right choice for yahoo. Wasnt fair to run teams with all thats happened. 

Well they are running most leagues.  All public leagues are beign run which is the lion's share of their leagues.  And all three of my roto leagues are locked and loaded and ready to play ball.  All private leagues not involving money are a go.  Just money leagues are cancelled and money refunded.  Doesn't mean they can't start them up anew with new drafts etc.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Well they are running most leagues.  All public leagues are beign run which is the lion's share of their leagues.  And all three of my roto leagues are locked and loaded and ready to play ball.  All private leagues not involving money are a go.  Just money leagues are cancelled and money refunded.  Doesn't mean they can't start them up anew with new drafts etc.

They have yet to refund my money.... and I was in a lot of Pro leagues. If they are gonna refund, DO IT ALREADY YAHOO.

• Like 1

I have no idea what Yahoo is doing ... surprise surprise.  Yesterday morning they put Kingery, Neris and the other Phils on the IL list because of covid as well as Brandon Drury from the Jays for same.  Now they removed the IL from the Phils players but kept Drury on the IL.

Meanwhile their "MLB Roster Changes" section under "Players" now lists the Phillies players as "deactivated" ... along with Drury.  But Drury still retains the IL and the Phillies lose it but, unlike other "deactivated" players, don't have an NA designation either. 

Yahoo is like the computer given a paradox and starts yelling "It does not compute!" over and over again before bursting into flame.  Thank goodness I don't own any covid players yet.  But it is only a matter of time then it will probably be me combusting instead.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I have no idea what Yahoo is doing ... surprise surprise.  Yesterday morning they put Kingery, Neris and the other Phils on the IL list because of covid as well as Brandon Drury from the Jays for same.  Now they removed the IL from the Phils players but kept Drury on the IL.

Meanwhile their "MLB Roster Changes" section under "Players" now lists the Phillies players as "deactivated" ... along with Drury.  But Drury still retains the IL and the Phillies lose it but, unlike other "deactivated" players, don't have an NA designation either. 

Yahoo is like the computer given a paradox and starts yelling "It does not compute!" over and over again before bursting into flame.  Thank goodness I don't own any covid players yet.  But it is only a matter of time then it will probably be me combusting instead.

Put Kingery on the IL yesterday, went to pick up a replacement today and found out his IL vanished...So, I'm kind of in no man's land here

11 minutes ago, hockeyfan77 said:

Put Kingery on the IL yesterday, went to pick up a replacement today and found out his IL vanished...So, I'm kind of in no man's land here

Just Yahoo being Yahoo. They have no leadership so its just one big mess

3 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Yahoo ILs Freeman and still has not ILd the Phillies that were all ILd and Sal Perez. They have NA'd Price but not Leake. They are a big cluster****.

They did IL Kingery but then took him off of it the next day...Very frustrating 

People need to send a problem message to Yahoo about it because they probably don't even know what their software is doing behind their backs.  🤪

But really I could see it as the Phils haven't officially IL'ed their players so Yahoo had jumped the gun earlier.  I mean I could see it if Yahoo's (aka Rotoworld's) pop-up blurbs on their platform  didn't keep containing phrases like: "were all placed on the COVID-19 injured list" (Gang of Four i.e. Kingery, Neris, etc) and "Nola was placed on the COVID-19 injured list on Saturday." 

Of course the Nola blurb also said:

Yankees manager Joe Girardi noted Sunday that Aaron Nola (illness) and Zack Wheeler (paternity) might not be available for the start of the 2020 season.

Nice to know Girardi is back managing the Yankees again and he took Nola and Wheeler with him.   🙃

What we need to do is find out if the Phillies got the right paperwork into the league putting all these guys on the IL list for sure.  If so Yahoo then needs to be informed to enact the changes because they obviously aren't monitoring their software at this point.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

People need to send a problem message to Yahoo about it because they probably don't even know what their software is doing behind their backs.  🤪

But really I could see it as the Phils haven't officially IL'ed their players so Yahoo had jumped the gun earlier.  I mean I could see it if Yahoo's (aka Rotoworld's) pop-up blurbs on their platform  didn't keep containing phrases like: "were all placed on the COVID-19 injured list" (Gang of Four i.e. Kingery, Neris, etc) and "Nola was placed on the COVID-19 injured list on Saturday." 

Of course the Nola blurb also said:

Nice to know Girardi is back managing the Yankees again and he took Nola and Wheeler with him.   🙃

What we need to do is find out if the Phillies got the right paperwork into the league putting all these guys on the IL list for sure.  If so Yahoo then needs to be informed to enact the changes because they obviously aren't monitoring their software at this point.

The MLB injury report isn't working but all these players are listed on other sites, including RW/CBS/ESPN, as being on the IL. Some have been on the IL for 5 days. Holiday weekend plus west coast means "eh we'll get to it when we get to it."

2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

The MLB injury report isn't working but all these players are listed on other sites, including RW/CBS/ESPN, as being on the IL. Some have been on the IL for 5 days. Holiday weekend plus west coast means "eh we'll get to it when we get to it."

But the thing is Yahoo put other players on the IL starting with Brandon Drury who went on the same day the original Phillies players went on the IL.  He is still on and they came off.  Since then it seems some players testing positive have been placed on the IL by Yahoo BUT not all in a hit or miss crazy way.  Example:  Freddie Freeman, whose test came in way later than Kingery's, is properly labeled labeled IL.  On the other hand DJ LeMahieu isn't and he is still just listed as Day-by-Day just like the Phillies players are. 

Have the Phillies and the Yankees NOT officially put their players on the IL but the Jays and the Braves have?  It doesn't make sense.

If they are listed as IL on the ESPN and CBS sites did those sites jump the gun any just use common sense and started listing everyone testing positive as IL whether their team made an official move or not?

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

But the thing is Yahoo put other players on the IL starting with Brandon Drury who went on the same day the original Phillies players went on the IL.  He is still on and they came off.  Since then it seems some players testing positive have been placed on the IL by Yahoo BUT not all in a hit or miss crazy way.  Example:  Freddie Freeman is properly labeled as IL but not DJ LeMahieu the latter of which is still just listed as Day-by-Day just like the Phillies players are. 

Have the Phillies and the Yankees NOT officially put their players on the IL but the Jays and the Braves have?  It doesn't make sense.

If they are listed as IL on the ESPN and CBS sites did those sites jump the gun any just use common sense and started listing everyone testing positive as IL whether their team made an official move or not?

The IL  placement of these players are listed on the official transactions page for MLB. See link below. 

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/transactions/#month=7&year=2020

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

The IL  placement of these players are listed on the official transactions page for MLB. See link below. 

Thanks.  Great work.  The Phillies section lists the first four players being placed on the IL back on July 1st though weirdly Aaron Nola hasn't been added to that list yet.  The Yankees don't list anyone as being transferred to the IL as of yet.  But Kingery, Neris, Hunter and Suarez we got proof of being on the IL at least.

If I owned any of those four players I'd be sending in an error message to Yahoo right away.  But as soon as Nola gets put on the IL and Yahoo doesn't transfer him I will be on them immediately with the link you listed placed in said error message block because I'm definitely bookmarking that link.

15 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

I sent a tweet to Yahoo.  This was their response concerning the Phillies players:

Player must be listed on the official MLB Injury Report and placed on the IL by his respective team. Currently the Phillies do not have the players listed on the IL per their team roster; https://mlb.com/phillies/roster/40-man.

Lol, the transaction tab on that link has them listed on the IL.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

I sent a tweet to Yahoo.  This was their response concerning the Phillies players:

Player must be listed on the official MLB Injury Report and placed on the IL by his respective team. Currently the Phillies do not have the players listed on the IL per their team roster; https://mlb.com/phillies/roster/40-man.

Time to send them that MLB Transactions link (from the same MLB.com site!!!!!!!!!) above that does show they are indeed on the IL.  They will thank you and bookmark that for future reference ... not.  But at least it could get those four officially listed as IL and Yahoo would "possibly" learn how to look for these moves in the future.

Great work to contact these people.  Now just follow it up with that link Duke provided and see if they still try to wiggle out of their screw-up.  You might have to tell them to click on the Phillies link on the page so they know where to look for it exactly, hahaha.  And maybe add in ESPN and CBS etc have them on the IL to rub salt in the wound.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

Lol, the transaction tab on that link has them listed on the IL.

Okay, I sent them another message and this is the response I got back as to why the 4 Phillies are not on IL yet on Yahoo:

They have been put on the IL by the MLB, but aren't listed by the Phillies. A player will have an asterisk next to their name on the 40-man roster page if they are officially on the IL.