NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

20 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

Okay, I sent them another message and this is the response I got back as to why the 4 Phillies are not on IL yet on Yahoo:

They have been put on the IL by the MLB, but aren't listed by the Phillies. A player will have an asterisk next to their name on the 40-man roster page if they are officially on the IL.

Makes absolutely no sense. No way are they pulling data separately from team sites. Ask them where Freddie Freeman's asterisk is? I  just wish they would say we aren't sure what's causing the issue instead of making things up. ESPN used to do this when I did basketball on there.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Short Porch said:

Okay, I sent them another message and this is the response I got back as to why the 4 Phillies are not on IL yet on Yahoo:

They have been put on the IL by the MLB, but aren't listed by the Phillies. A player will have an asterisk next to their name on the 40-man roster page if they are officially on the IL.

OMG, what the heck is going on at Yahoo

3 hours ago, Short Porch said:

So some oversite on a web page by some low level clerk type forgetting to add an asterisk is causing this problem?  Even though MLB's transactions page says they are.  Even though the Phillies announced they were IL'ed?  Even though ESPN, CBS etc have them IL'ed?  Oh Yahoo just as I thought you were getting your act together you pull this idiocy out your behind.

45 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

So some oversite on a web page by some low level clerk type forgetting to add an asterisk is causing this problem?  Even though MLB's transactions page says they are.  Even though the Phillies announced they were IL'ed?  Even though ESPN, CBS etc have them IL'ed?  Oh Yahoo just as I thought you were getting your act together you pull this idiocy out your behind.

Come on relax ... Why are we getting all nuts the season is like three weeks away. Let’s not forget how teams handle the IL spot March before the season starts. This year is not normal so expect things to be out of wack. 

the Phillies batters and hitters you named are NOT on the IL on ESPN. 

batters on IL10 —- Freeman, Sano, Salvador Perez, Drury & Austillo 

the only pitcher is Will Smith 

Thank you for contacting Yahoo Sports. This is Bigcat from Buffalo, and I understand you are. reporting there are players on the official MLB IL that are not listed as IL eligible in our game and also players that have opted out that don't have the NA designation while others do have the designation.

A player's injury designation is determined by our data provider. A player must be listed on the official MLB Injury Report and placed on the IL by his respective team. Once both these criteria have been met, our data provider will update their status which will then update in our system.

The NA designation is also updated by our data provider. It is possible that there was a delay on their end in updating the players you have noted but they are now showing with the NA designation.

If you have any other questions, comments or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me! Have a good day, and pleasant playing! Thank you for choosing Yahoo Fantasy Sports!

Thanks,

Bigcat 

Yahoo Sports Customer Care

• Thanks 1

Ahhhh, you got Bigcat from Buffalo. 🐈   He is my favorite Yahoo techie.  Glad he is still there.  He tries at least.   Thanks, Duke!

And yeah I figured it was the data provider's fault as soon as I heard that ESPN was screwed up too. They both use the exact same data provider.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, hockeyfan77 said:

I need the Neris and Kingery to be put on the IL...Other teams are picking up players that I wanted to pick up to replace them!  Oh well. it's going to be that kind of season: just glad to have it back

Kingery could be back any day.  See the players/covid thread.  He got it back in early June and now is apparently over it.  The first of two mandated tests to return came back negative so one more to pass and he is cleared to be active again.  Once he passes that one Yahoo/ESPN will probably get around to putting him on the IL ... hahahaha.

5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Kingery could be back any day.  See the players/covid thread.  He got it back in early June and now is apparently over it.  The first of two mandated tests to return came back negative so one more to pass and he is cleared to be active again.  Once he passes that one Yahoo/ESPN will probably get around to putting him on the IL ... hahahaha.

Yeah, I read that right after I made the post...It's a deep league so I need Kingery so hopefully he can come back at full health and hopefully Neris is IL'ed  soon

Has Yahoo given any statement on keeper leagues? I have 2 that would like to re-draft but I don't see where that is an option. I tried to just set up a new league and was going to manually enter the rosters, but they aren't allowing cash leagues at this time.(or pro leagues) Are they aware that the season starts in 2 weeks?

58 minutes ago, Ray Zorback said:

Has Yahoo given any statement on keeper leagues? I have 2 that would like to re-draft but I don't see where that is an option. I tried to just set up a new league and was going to manually enter the rosters, but they aren't allowing cash leagues at this time.(or pro leagues) Are they aware that the season starts in 2 weeks?

Why don’t you create a new league import rosters ... I just created a new league ... called Fantasy Baseball ain’t Happening. 

1 hour ago, KingJoffrey said:

I can’t seem to find my historical leagues from 2019. It is usually under profile but I click and nothing happens.

There's been a major issue with Yahoo fantasy profiles disappearing today - on numerous accounts all histories have been erased and ratings set back to bronze level (594 rating). I'm sure it'll be corrected at some point. Very weird issue though.

Edited by Dark One
2 hours ago, Theoneupper said:

On CBS you can add any player to IL and pick up another player. Did i mess up the commish settings? Or is this how it always is. Don't want it to get abused by league mates. 

You must have borked a setting.

In my CBS league (which I do NOT commish) we can ONLY add players to IL if they're rocking the IL designation.  Like so

image.png.e49bd40adea0b11da8bd9eedef76fc16.png

• Like 1
8 hours ago, cornerback said:

whats about the schedules. espn, cbs, yahoo...still the old ones. whats so difficult to update to the new 60 games?

Yahoo has already removed the old schedule.  I assume they are entering the new one and it will be up in a day or so.

And what is so difficult?  If you know anything about software you wouldn't ask.  This isn't Hollywood where people re-code things in 2 minutes flat.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo has already removed the old schedule.  I assume they are entering the new one and it will be up in a day or so.

And what is so difficult?  If you know anything about software you wouldn't ask.  This isn't Hollywood where people re-code things in 2 minutes flat.

... while having their normal operations drastically disrupted by an ongoing pandemic, no less.

• Like 2

Have been refunded in one of my ypro leagues, rest I assume is just a matter of time.

Here's email:

Major League Baseball has announced a new season schedule, with the 60-game season scheduled to start on July 23rd.

As a result, the contest terms in Yahoo Fantasy Baseball Pro Leagues have been changed. Due to regulations applicable to paid fantasy contests, we have deleted all Pro Leagues. We appreciate your understanding.

Your league's entry fee has been refunded to your Yahoo Fantasy Wallet. See your Yahoo Account for more details.

You can now sign up for a new Fantasy Baseball Pro League. The season is fast approaching, so sign up today!

Thanks for playing Yahoo Fantasy Baseball. We can't wait for the season to start. Play ball!

-Your friends at Yahoo Fantasy

I don't see ypro leagues up yet though.