NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

39 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

If Yahoo has the ability to manually put Ohtani on the IL they have the ability to manually put other players on the IL. Blaming this on a service provider is such a cop out. 

Pitcher Ohtani's IL status was indeed a manual change, but a holdover from last season that hasn't been fixed yet in 2020. That particular issue is likely Yahoo incompetency, just not the whole COVID IL mess that's currently going on. On Ohtani, Yahoo made their bed by separating him into two players and obviously haven't been able to manage it well. I posted about it before here (to you ironically):

• Like 1
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been much talk of how RTSports is handling this whole fiasco. They didn't refund most of their leagues which is insane. They added rules as the Covid season went on too; Rules that weren't there when people started drafting. I'm sure they have some protection clause to add in rules in situations but they chose a side that will chase away their clientele. Thoughts?

58 minutes ago, Corey In Da House said:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been much talk of how RTSports is handling this whole fiasco. They didn't refund most of their leagues which is insane. They added rules as the Covid season went on too; Rules that weren't there when people started drafting. I'm sure they have some protection clause to add in rules in situations but they chose a side that will chase away their clientele. Thoughts?

I've played fantasy baseball for well over a decade and if I don't play on a platform I've certainly heard of the others especially the mega ones like my Yahoo and ESPN and CBS and Fantrax.  But I admit I have never ever heard of RTSports.  It is some new one or a kind of tiny private one or what?

Looks as if Yahoo hasn't fixed a bug that was also there last year. On the app, you cannot set your lineup for "tomorrow". You can only set it for today or July 23rd and going forward. Why is this an issue? If you want to move someone off the IL or NA slot and put in a claim for another player you cannot, as you need to change your lineup for the next day if your setting are for "Daily-Tomorrow". You can only make this change on the desktop version. Just wanted to give those that are getting an error message the heads up.

2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Looks as if Yahoo hasn't fixed a bug that was also there last year. On the app, you cannot set your lineup for "tomorrow". You can only set it for today or July 23rd and going forward. Why is this an issue? If you want to move someone off the IL or NA slot and put in a claim for another player you cannot, as you need to change your lineup for the next day if your setting are for "Daily-Tomorrow". You can only make this change on the desktop version. Just wanted to give those that are getting an error message the heads up.

You can't set line-ups at all right now.  There is a big blue bar announcing all leagues are in read only mode.  They removed the old schedule a few days back.  Maybe they went to read only to load the new schedule in.  Hope that is the reason anyway.

6 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You can't set line-ups at all right now.  There is a big blue bar announcing all leagues are in read only mode.  They removed the old schedule a few days back.  Maybe they went to read only to load the new schedule in.  Hope that is the reason anyway.

It's not. Customer care just responded and said that's the way it's intended and that you need to go to the desktop site to make that change. Seems pretty dumb to me, but hey we know who we are dealing with.

29 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

It's not. Customer care just responded and said that's the way it's intended and that you need to go to the desktop site to make that change. Seems pretty dumb to me, but hey we know who we are dealing with.

Oh okay. I only use the app for same day quick changes and my laptop for a few days ahead anyway so never knew that.  Meanwhile I followed Yahoo's link to Twitter (gag me, now I have a damn Twitter cookie in my system):

The Fantasy team will be doing some maintenance today and on the 17th of July. As a result, drafts will be blocked out then. Your league was set to draft at that time, and has been rescheduled. Commissioners have the ability to update these draft times.

No ETA for when they will be back up today AND they are going to mess up this Friday as well.  Grrr, was in the middle of making a trade too. 

At least I'm not in some league where the draft was about to begin and the draft room suddenly got blocked.  They would suck big time.  Poor guys wait for weeks for draft and people make arrangements to be there online all at the same time then BOOM, they have to reschedule and rearrange their lives all over again.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

I commish a league in CBS with minor league propsect slots.  Many of the players in these slots have been invited to summer camp by their respective teams and as a result have lost their minor league roster slot designation on CBS.  As a result of this it is creating illegal lineups on CBS for pretty much every team.  So I have a few questions:

1.  Does anyone know when the 30 man rosters have to be finalized prior to the start of the regular season?

2.  Does a player who does not make the 30 man roster return to the minor leagues.  For example, I have Deivi Garcia and he is not going to make the Yankees roster at the start of the season.  He has lost his CBS minor league designation.  Will we get it back immediately on CBS if he does not make the team?

I am concerned that CBS will not count stats with all of these teams with illegal lineups.

On 7/12/2020 at 6:01 AM, duke of queens said:

The simple solution is for Yahoo to fix the issue. You're solution is a band aid that creates a bigger problem of refunding FAAB money and/or freezing players pickups on those players first claimed.

Have you heard any additional updates from Yahoo on this? As far as I can tell, none of the players on the COVID IL are shown as IL on Yahoo.

47 minutes ago, Ghostpig said:

Have you heard any additional updates from Yahoo on this? As far as I can tell, none of the players on the COVID IL are shown as IL on Yahoo.

Nope. Same robot answer on twitter from Customer Care that their engineers are working on it. Someone even asked about Jordan Hicks' IL tag being removed and Yahoo said that's because he opted out and is on the restricted list. I replied than shouldnt he have an NA next to his name. No response. My guess is they are all hands on deck for football and baseball.is afterthought right now.

• Like 1

Anyone know what is the verification process like on ESPN and Yahoo?  If you win money can you just withdraw it or do you need to send a photo ID to verify everything?  Like on CBS you need to send a photocopy of your license and then they'll send your money.

17 minutes ago, Beakman said:

Anyone else having message board issues on Yahoo?

Owners are posting, yet their messages are not appearing.  Also, curse words are now auto-censored.  Thanks, Obama.

Better yet, words containing curse words are getting censored. I typed a message where "assumed" got the treatment a few days ago. 

4 hours ago, PhilFan said:

I'm wondering if anyone has info on GP qualifications for 2021?Not so important in Yahoo,but the 20 game threshold on most formats might be tough to meet,especially with the NL using DH this year. 

NFBC is using 4 games instead of 10 to accrue a new position for this year but for 2021 that is a very good question that I too would like to know.

38 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

What is this new Yahoo Covid-19 designation? Still cant IL them.

What a joke. If they are on the MLB injured list, why can’t i put them on my fake team’s IL

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, PhilFan said:

I'm wondering if anyone has info on GP qualifications for 2021?Not so important in Yahoo,but the 20 game threshold on most formats might be tough to meet,especially with the NL using DH this year. 

Yahoo already officially stated in a message on all leagues that the regular rules apply to this year too.  5 starts or 10 appearances.

1 hour ago, duke of queens said:

You can't move them anywhere but to the bench or an active line-up slot.  Hahaha.  New craziness for Yahoo.  Time to pile on and file a problem log to them.

17 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Asinine.  Totally useless.  Yeah, we know they have covid-19.  Why aren't they given IL status.

Case in point:  

07/14/20 Boston Red Sox placed LHP Eduardo Rodriguez on the 10-day injured list.

Why is Rodriguez not IL eligible on Yahoo?