NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

53 minutes ago, posty said:

Ah makes sense...  I avoid Twitter...

I don't use Twitter either.  I think it is the dumbest invention of the human race since the atom bomb.  Much thanks to the people here who dig out legit info like this from that dark cesspool place of banality, conspiracy theories, endless hate messages, Kardashian gossip, Russian political trolls and corporation data harvesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
36 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I don't use Twitter either.  I think it is the dumbest invention of the human race since the atom bomb.  Much thanks to the people here who dig out legit info like this from that dark cesspool place of banality, conspiracy theories, endless hate messages, Kardashian gossip, Russian political trolls and corporation data harvesting.

Couldn't have said it any better myself...

Yahoo having their own false positives as in several people in my leagues have red balls (not in line-up) next to them but the official line-ups have them playing.  Benitendi, Willson Contreras and his teammate, Baez, all red balled as out today not playing when they are all scheduled to play.  I'm sure there are many more as well.  Looks like you have to check sites like the below every day this year and not trust Yahoo's line-up indications.

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Yahoo having their own false positives as in several people in my leagues have red balls (not in line-up) next to them but the official line-ups have them playing.  Benitendi, Willson Contreras and his teammate, Baez, all red balled as out today not playing when they are all scheduled to play.  I'm sure there are many more as well.  Looks like you have to check sites like the below every day this year and not trust Yahoo's line-up indications.

https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

I have Devers and Vasquez on Yahoo. Both listed as out of the lineup but on ESPN they are in the lineup.  Nothing on twitter about Devers being out so I'm sure Yahoo is wrong.  What terrible start if they don't have these simple things right.

Just now, 33legend said:

I have Devers and Vasquez on Yahoo. Both listed as out of the lineup but on ESPN they are in the lineup.  Nothing on twitter about Devers being out so I'm sure Yahoo is wrong.  What terrible start if they don't have these simple things right.

Both of these guys are definitely playing tonight. 

Almost all my players have red next to them.  All are playing. 

Also Edwin Diaz got a Save today but it didn't register in the Saves+Holds column or that he was even in the game.  Major problems on Yahoo if stats are now missing too.

PS:  Correction.  Diaz stats just arrived more than a little late.

So if you are missing stats they may show up a lot later so keep checking.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Almost all my players have red next to them.  All are playing. 

Also Edwin Diaz got a Save today but it didn't register in the Saves+Holds column or that he was even in the game.  Major problems on Yahoo if stats are now missing too.

PS:  Correction.  Diaz stats just arrived more than a little late.

So if you are missing stats they may show up a lot later so keep checking.

Dude, you have played fantasy baseball long enough at Yahoo to know not to trust the live stats and wait until the final overnight stats feed...

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, mortl said:

In a league where the season is set to Start on August 3rd. Commish said this is something that Yahoo did. Anyone know why or if there is way to fix this? 

He may be correct depending on when you drafted. "Week 1" ends Aug 2, so if you guys drafted later than the cutoff date (I don't recall what that was) there is likely nothing you can do. 

1 minute ago, mortl said:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/important-dates-yahoo-fantasy-baseball-sln14218.html

We drafted on Sunday. According to that article stats should be live no? 

You drafted on Sunday, but if you have lineups set to Daily - Tomorrow, your rosters aren't loaded from the draft until Monday, after the week has started...

Your league will start week 2...

9 minutes ago, posty said:

You drafted on Sunday, but if you have lineups set to Daily - Tomorrow, your rosters aren't loaded from the draft until Monday, after the week has started...

Your league will start week 2...

This cant be it. I am in another league both leagues are Daily - Tomorrow. The second league I am in drafted on Tuesday and the stats are live with week 1 ending August 2nd. 

Edited by mortl

Might be a dumb question, but does anyone know how the maximum acquisitions per week is handled in Yahoo leagues? I'm in a H2H league with a max of 4 adds per week. I'm just not sure how that is handled in the extended week 1 matchup. When it says 4 per week, is that meaning 4 every Monday to Sunday? Or for this extended week 1 matchup, does that mean 4 adds for the entire matchup even though it's longer than a normal week? 

Just now, KCTD25 said:

Might be a dumb question, but does anyone know how the maximum acquisitions per week is handled in Yahoo leagues? I'm in a H2H league with a max of 4 adds per week. I'm just not sure how that is handled in the extended week 1 matchup. When it says 4 per week, is that meaning 4 every Monday to Sunday? Or for this extended week 1 matchup, does that mean 4 adds for the entire matchup even though it's longer than a normal week? 

Four for the whole match-up period.  We have that question here every year in the past when the all-star week was folded into the week before or after it.  Same thing.  It is calculated per match-up.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Four for the whole match-up period.  We have that question here every year in the past when the all-star week was folded into the week before or after it.  Same thing.  It is calculated per match-up.

👍 thanks!

I assume this is something new for this season in public yahoo leagues, along with using waiver wire budget. when the add is processed, that player is added to your team for that day? in the past when you added a player on waivers, he wasn't on your team until the following day.