NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

19 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I assume this is something new for this season in public yahoo leagues, along with using waiver wire budget. when the add is processed, that player is added to your team for that day? in the past when you added a player on waivers, he wasn't on your team until the following day.

To expand on @tonycpsu correct response...

In "League Settings" there is an entry "Allow Roster Changes"...  There are three choices:

• Weekly roster changes - 11:59PM PT the night before the selected "Weekly Roster" day.
  • Daily - Today roster changes - No deadline; rosters update immediately after a transaction.
  • Daily - Tomorrow roster changes - 11:59 PM PT the night before; rosters are updated the following day.

This entry cannot be changed once the season starts...  The default it "Daily - Tomorrow"...

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

Please don't make a second thread and confuse things.  There already is a thread and hopefully Tony will move this into that thread:

https://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/791755-2020-fantasy-baseball-platform-central-yahoo-espn-cbs-fantrax-etc/

Players show on waivers until the league you are in is actually processed.  I've had waivers processed in someof my leagues at times up to 5 or 6 hours after the nightly processing starts.  And some nights it happens within minutes.

In  other words, with thousands of leagues this processing instantly doesn't happen within seconds of 3 am eastern / midnight pacific.  Same with overnight data updates.  During peak baseball season and especially when other sports also start it can be anywhere to a half hour to a half dozen hours until everything is done depending on processing time and where your league is in the queue.  If things are still a mess in your league by say noon eastern then shoot them a problem ticket or contact them on twitter if you have an account there is my advice.

PS:  As to why some players show on waivers and others don't:

1.  The ones that don't are simply in the FA pool not on waivers but, more likely if you ares saying all these players you are referring to were on waivers tonight ...,

2. The ones that cleared waivers have done so because no one went after them so are now available.  But the ones someone(s) are claiming off of waivers are locked out of clearing and are awaiting the waivers sub-routine that determines which team has successfully gotten them.

Those two groups happen almost every single night in every single league I'm in.  The cleared are always processed first and added to the FA pool.  The ones claimed by one or more managers can wait around for hours until that part of the processing happens.  Always been that way on Yahoo.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1
54 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

If I drop a player in Yahoo today does the roster spot open today or tomorrow?  I need to activate a player off NA for today.

Depends on your settings. If it says "daily-today" it will open today if it says "daily-tomorrow" well you know the rest.

1 hour ago, 33legend said:

Any chance these platforms designate  the entire marlins team to covid to be able to IL them?  I don't want to drop Brian Anderson but may have to.

No platform can EVER just IL anyone.  A team has to officially IL a player first.  Otherwise the platform is open to cheating.  And no platform would risk their existence to do that.  Unless the Marlins IL their covid players officially none of them will be IL'ed.  And those not covid positive can't be IL'ed.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No platform can EVER just IL anyone.  A team has to officially IL a player first.  Otherwise the platform is open to cheating.  And no platform would risk their existence to do that.  Unless the Marlins IL their covid players officially none of them will be IL'ed.  And those not covid positive can't be IL'ed.

They ILd Ohtani. So yes they can IL anyone  they want but I dont think they want to open up that can of worms. They'd have to do Phillies too. 

Can we put the Ohtani anomaly to rest already?  It was last year based on the fact he was two people on Yahoo and the pitcher didn't pitch last year.  Because they couldn't re-code programing because the correction needed was in their core and not a subroutine they created an anomaly in two Ohtanis and then they created an exception to make up for the fact that one Ohtani was out for the season.  That crazy thing was the exception to prove the rule so please no more beating a dead horse.  We are not talking about Ohtaniland rules.  That had nothing to do with the regular rules that Yahoo does indeed follow except for that one lone incidence you can't seem to get over.  But he is back as a pitcher and screwing up ERAs for Ohtani owners on Yahoo like every other platform as well so please let it go for your own sanity at least.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Can we put the Ohtani anomaly to rest already?  It was last year based on the fact he was two people on Yahoo and the pitcher didn't pitch last year.  Because they couldn't re-code programing because the correction needed was in their core and not a subroutine they created an anomaly in two Ohtanis and then they created an exception to make up for the fact that one Ohtani was out for the season.  That crazy thing was the exception to prove the rule so please no more beating a dead horse.  We are not talking about Ohtaniland rules.  That had nothing to do with the regular rules that Yahoo does indeed follow except for that one lone incidence you can't seem to get over.  But he is back as a pitcher and screwing up ERAs for Ohtani owners on Yahoo like every other platform as well so please let it go for your own sanity at least.

I'm just stating facts that they can IL anyone they want. Its been done. Yahoo does a lot of dumb things so I wouldnt put it past them to make up another IL designation. Your making assumptions about Yahoo code that you know nothing about.

2 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I'm just stating facts that they can IL anyone they want. Its been done. Yahoo does a lot of dumb things so I wouldnt put it past them to make up another IL designation. Your making assumptions about Yahoo code that you know nothing about.

Not at all.  Yahoo officially posted that was the reason they couldn't do anything but split Ohtani in two unless they re-wrote the entire software program from scratch because the hitters and pitchers were divided within the basic core program and could not be coded away without starting from scratch.  I see no reason why they would lie about that.  I don't believe in conspiracy theories about how software is or is not coded.  Unless anyone has proof otherwise I believe Yahoo.  They have taken a lot of heat over the two Ohtanis thing and I totally believe their explanation because if it was an easy enough fix they would have done.  No reason on earth not to and all reason to do it.

As for Ohtani Pitcher, those owners had flooded Yahoo demanding something be done about saying the pitcher was active when he wasn't.  And it was a just and true argument.  Those owners should not be penalized because of Yahoo's software.  So in an effort to right a wrong they made one lone exception to the rule.  And good for them for doing it too.

Full disclosure I have never owned Ohtani or any parts of him in any leagues ever.  It simply was the right thing for Yahoo to do to right a wrong caused by their own software.  The one Ohtani thing they could change a code for and good for them to at least do that.  But that one single lone scenario is an orange and has nothing to do with the apples that are being discussed.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Not at all.  Yahoo officially posted that was the reason they couldn't do anything but split Ohtani in two unless they re-wrote the entire software program from scratch because the hitters and pitchers were divided within the basic core program and could not be coded away without starting from scratch.  I see no reason why they would lie about that.  I don't believe in conspiracy theories about how software is or is not coded.  Unless anyone has proof otherwise I believe Yahoo.  They have taken a lot of heat over the two Ohtanis thing and I totally believe their explanation because if it was an easy enough fix they would have done.  No reason on earth not to and all reason to do it.

As for Ohtani Pitcher, those owners had flooded Yahoo demanding something be done about saying the pitcher was active when he wasn't.  And it was a just and true argument.  Those owners should not be penalized because of Yahoo's software.  So in an effort to right a wrong they made one lone exception to the rule.  And good for them for doing it too.

Full disclosure I have never owned Ohtani or any parts of him in any leagues ever.  It simply was the right thing for Yahoo to do to right a wrong caused by their own software.  The one Ohtani thing they could change a code for and good for them to at least do that.  But that one single lone scenario is an orange and has nothing to do with the apples that are being discussed.

So why couldn't Yahoo designate all the Marlins players as Covid-19 so teams could replace those players with active players? Its exactly the same thing. Teams are handcuffed and are asking for an exception. They don't want to drop players they just want a fair shake. Just like Ohtani. And full disclosure Yahoo could fix the Ohtani issue even if it means a rewrite. They just dont want to. Its just being lazy and cheap.

30 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

So why couldn't Yahoo designate all the Marlins players as Covid-19 so teams could replace those players with active players? Its exactly the same thing. Teams are handcuffed and are asking for an exception. They don't want to drop players they just want a fair shake. Just like Ohtani. And full disclosure Yahoo could fix the Ohtani issue even if it means a rewrite. They just dont want to. Its just being lazy and cheap.

No it isn't the same thing and you know it isn't.  Not remotely close.  Marlin players are not split in two and half imaginary due to Yahoo software. You really need to drop the one lone anomaly in the history of Yahoo and move on with your life. 

And even  if this was an "orange" situation ... which it isn't.  Nobody no how no way would, in their right mind, expect a platform to guess which 15 out of 30 players are positive and which aren't.

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No it isn't the same thing and you know it isn't.  Not remotely close.  Marlin players are not split in two and half imaginary due to Yahoo software. You really need to drop the one lone anomaly in the history of Yahoo and move on with your life.

You keep on making this an Ohtani thing. I used him as an example. They NA guys who are on paternity leave. These guys are still on.the 40 man and  not in the minors, but they make an exception. Teams are without players because of an outbreak. You don't think an exception should be allowed? Why did they allow opt out guys to have the NA tag? They are still on the team. I would say give them the NA tag but that doesn't help the pro leagues or other leagues that don't use the NA slots. And for you to just blanket statement that Yahoo will not designate these players is just stating your opinion not anything  factual.  Did you even go and see what Yahoo said when asked this exact question? I did and they said they are looking into it. So do some research before replying to someone as the spokesperson for Yahoo.

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, duke of queens said:

You keep on making this an Ohtani thing. I used him as an example. They NA guys who are on paternity leave. These guys are still on.the 40 man and  not in the minors, but they make an exception. Teams are without players because of an outbreak. You don't think an exception should be allowed? Why did they allow opt out guys to have the NA tag? They are still on the team. I would say give them the NA tag but that doesn't help the pro leagues or other leagues that don't use the NA slots. And for you to just blanket statement that Yahoo will not designate these players is just stating your opinion not anything  factual.  Did you even go and see what Yahoo said when asked this exact question? I did and they said they are looking into it. So do some research before replying to someone as the spokesperson for Yahoo.

Link?

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Thank you...  I will look later since Twitter is blocked at work...

It doesn't say much just exactly what I posted before. By the time they get to look into it the Marlins will be back on the field, so I take it with a grain of salt.

14 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Now you want Yahoo to code in a separate paternity leave slot?  Should they call it PA?  😁    They are replaced on the roster so they are indeed properly tagged with NA (Not Available) since they aren't IL and are not on the active 25 man now 26 man temporarily 30 man roster.

So maybe you should ask Yahoo to add NA slots to these Pro Leagues you are in or just play in private leagues where you control the settings instead and can have up to NA slots.

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Now you want Yahoo to code in a separate paternity leave slot?  Should they call it PA?  😁    They are replaced on the roster so they are indeed properly tagged with NA (Not Available) since they aren't IL and are not on the active 25 man now 26 man temporarily 30 man roster.

So maybe you should ask Yahoo to add NA slots to these Pro Leagues you are in or just play in private leagues where you control the settings instead and can have up to NA slots.

I don't want them to code a paternity leave slot. I don't believe I said that. Aren't the quarantined Marlins "not available" as well? All I am saying if they can make exceptions for the reasons I've stated than they can do this as well. Will they do it? Probably not, but to definitely state that they will not do it is an opinion and not a fact.  You love to put words into people mouths, its your MO, besides going off on tangents that have little to do with the conversation.  I am not in any pro leagues and am only in a private league where we have NAs and ILs. I was just simply stating where this could have a negative effect.

17 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I don't want them to code a paternity leave slot. I don't believe I said that. Aren't the quarantined Marlins "not available" as well? All I am saying if they can make exceptions for the reasons I've stated than they can do this as well. Will they do it? Probably not, but to definitely state that they will not do it is an opinion and not a fact.  You love to put words into people mouths, its your MO, besides going off on tangents that have little to do with the conversation.  I am not in any pro leagues and am only in a private league where we have NAs and ILs. I was just simply stating where this could have a negative effect.

No.  The entire team is "paused" which basically acts like a giant multi-game rain out for them.  The games haven't been cancelled but officially postponed.  Yeah I doubt they, if they can cobble a team together again, will be able to fit in a full 60 game schedule but as of now that is MLB's stance.

And if I have that m.o. you just made up what m.o. would you have?  An Ohtani Obession one maybe?  😂

IMO

Calm down this fantasy season means Squat. Meaningless. Playing this year for any money is foolish. If you need a money fix play daily. Carry on... Today on ESPN Travis Shaw had a B I added him to my IL ... winning 

On ESPN the only Marlin players that you can IL. Are Alfaro, Cooper, Bronson & Urena 

I saw this thread and went reading thinking it would be good feedback about various sites. However, it just seems to be about yahoo only, or largely slanted towards yahoo.

Why is yahoo so popular here? its a very basic platform that I would think not many diehard fantasy baseball folks would use. I guess I am in the minority?