NBC Sports Edge Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.

5 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Anybody know if on Yahoo's Fantasy Baseball Platform how they count double headers in terms of the games played maximum. 

e.g. do double headers (two separate games in one day) count as only 1-game against your "games played" maximum, or do double headers count as 2-games against your "games played" maximum? 

e.g. in my league every position gets 60 games played (for the 60-game season). I'm trying to figure out whether it's worth it to maybe target lots of guys in double headers to up my chance for counting stats. 

2 games

• Like 2
  • Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is actually the Yahoo/Ohtani vent and rant thread. 

haaaaaaaaaaaa coming from the same people that cant make ohtani both bat and sp in one player. seems highly unlikely

Yahoo is by far the premier fantasy baseball platform. Their Pro leagues are 2nd to none.

Posted Images

On 7/29/2020 at 6:15 PM, Nix said:

I saw this thread and went reading thinking it would be good feedback about various sites. However, it just seems to be about yahoo only, or largely slanted towards yahoo.

Why is yahoo so popular here? its a very basic platform that I would think not many diehard fantasy baseball folks would use. I guess I am in the minority?

Lol, Yahoo is no more basic than any other platform. And it’s more user friendly than Fantrax and CBS. 

• Like 2

Yahoo having line-up inaccuracies again like they had earlier.  Lots and lots of players have the red circle next to their names when Baseball Press tells us Yahoo sucks:  https://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

If anyone has twitter and wants to inform Yahoo of this return of the bogus red ball problem that would be great.  Last time I sent in a problem ticket on this to them it took them 5 days to reply which was like 3 days after they fixed the damn problem.

5 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Not sure what you're asking here

In Yahoo's fantasy baseball platform you have a 60 game maximum for each position (in most leagues). 

If a player plays both games in a double header, I believe Yahoo's counts this as TWO games against your maximum.

I don't see what the benefit is of playing a player in a double header (you get TWO games of 7 innings which is one less AB per game) unless I'm missing something...?

• Like 1
Just now, EmbargoLifted said:

In Yahoo's fantasy baseball platform you have a 60 game maximum for each position (in most leagues). 

If a player plays both games in a double header, I believe Yahoo's counts this as TWO games against your maximum.

I don't see what the benefit is of playing a player in a double header (you get TWO games of 7 innings which is one less AB per game) unless I'm missing something...?

no, it does not count as a double game so that is the benefit. 

5 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

This is a REALLY big deal if true. I've done google searches and cant seem to find official word on this anywhere. Do you play Roto or H2H? I always assumed double headers count as two games (if the player plays in both games) and I just assumed that to be the case.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

Source?  I’d love for this to be true, but I highly doubt it.

9 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Everything you said here is 💯 wrong

51 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Source?  I’d love for this to be true, but I highly doubt it.

Source is myself. I’ve been playing yahoo roto leagues for 15 years now. It does not count as 2 games. You have 2 options- count your game total yourself to verify or email yahoo and ask them if you need it “officially” verified. 

11 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

Source is myself. I’ve been playing yahoo roto leagues for 15 years now. It does not count as 2 games. You have 2 options- count your game total yourself to verify or email yahoo and ask them if you need it “officially” verified. 

When I've played players in double headers it "seemed" like it counted as two games. But there seems to be a TON of controversy on this topic. I tweeted Yahoo Fantasy to see if they can provide any clarity, i'll report back with my findings.

• Thanks 1
34 minutes ago, SportsBrain said:

I've been playing for 20 years and it counts as 2. Always has. They pull data from a STATS service which counts for every game played. If they don't play in one of the games it will only count one.

• Like 1

Can anyone remember when players on Yahoo lock on "resumption of suspended game" day?

I know for the Orioles/Nationals it has 7:35pm, but part of me is expecting a lock of players before today's suspended game continues...

Yes and it’s an important fantasy public service reminder from the King:

if you’re Player is resting the day off .. do not leave him in the starting lineup!!!!

last thing you want is for him to pinch hit 1 at bat to count towards your games played limit. 

very crucial in Roto.. h2h not so much for obvious reasons.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, KingJoffrey said:

Yes and it’s an important fantasy public service reminder from the King:

if you’re Player is resting the day off .. do not leave him in the starting lineup!!!!

last thing you want is for him to pinch hit 1 at bat to count towards your games played limit. 

very crucial in Roto.. h2h not so much for obvious reasons.

Depends.  If you are under a lot yeah you want that pinch hit double.  And isn't it always when you  sit a resting player out that he comes in and hits a homer on your bench, hah.  I always leave my good hitting catchers in because catcher position is always way under the max.

57 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Also a roto tidbit is that you wanna try and get to 1 OF position games played remaining on final day(not sure if that's english) So if your league does 3 or 4 or 5 OFers, you will get stats for all. Could be a difference in this shortened season.

Ditto with multiple pitchers on last day.  In roto ALL platforms count any and all stats over the max limit as long as they are under the limit going into that final day.  Which makes perfect sense to anyone that knows anything about basic programming 101.

• Like 1