Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

2020 Fantasy Baseball Platform Central -- Yahoo, ESPN, CBS, Fantrax, etc.


Bigrosco
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 8/13/2020 at 1:22 PM, SportsBrain said:


Source is myself. I’ve been playing yahoo roto leagues for 15 years now. It does not count as 2 games. You have 2 options- count your game total yourself to verify or email yahoo and ask them if you need it “officially” verified. 


I’m in my 16th year of playing fantasy baseball on Yahoo, and my source is myself, as well...and they count them as two games. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2020 at 1:55 PM, EmbargoLifted said:
 

For what it is worth...i dont know if the person running the yahoo fantasy twitter account actually has intimate knowledge of this or not but here's their official response.


And there you have it. Counts as two. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

anyone know how to get the classic live scoring back on f antrax. i used to have an option that said live scoring and aother that says live scoring beta. bow all i get is the beta and i dont like that view i ccant see my whole team and dont know when my players are coming up to bat.

disappeared from mine as well. Looks like we are stuck with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:


ESPN roto leagues still showing Brandon Lowe from my team as a 1 for 2 yesterday and no stats at all for today’s regular game let alone he finished 3 for 5 in the completion of yesterday’s game with a homerun

😡


and on top of this I am not getting credited for his stats now in the regularly scheduled game!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

 

do you have the ability as a LM to adjust a teams stats AFTER the games have been played to correct a glitch in the ESPN system?  Or can you just make roster adjustments IF an owner brings and error/mistake to your attention?

https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000093192-Adjust-Scoring-
 

  • Scoring can only be adjusted in Head to Head Points leagues.

I don’t know if this helps... 

Edited by shakestreet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else on Yahoo having their phone app chat all messed up as in every time someone in your league adds or drops a player it appears in the chat instead of transactions?  It is really REALLY annoying!

I put in an error request but anyone that is on twitter can you ask them when they will fix this mess since they respond quicker there.  Thanks.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

PS (can't edit above anymore): I also posted a Feedback on this problem as well.  But again, some twitter person can you contact these guys directly.  Our leagues chat a lot and when I hear a ding I know it is trade talk or just baseball talk.  You know, cool stuff with your league mates.  Now it is just the dry list of stupid transactions thrown into the middle of it too.  That have a transaction section for each team.  Why did they send them into the damn chat room too? 

Every year they tinker with stuff -- aka mess things up -- trying to "upgrade" (haha) for their precious little football season and it always messes up the baseball leagues.  Grrrr!

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Anyone else on Yahoo having their phone app chat all messed up as in every time someone in your league adds or drops a player it appears in the chat instead of transactions?  It is really REALLY annoying!

I put in an error request but anyone that is on twitter can you ask them when they will fix this mess since they respond quicker there.  Thanks.

For me at least on iOS, hit the little (i) icon above the chat window>Bot Messages>Draft Picks, League Transactions>Disable

Hope that helps.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ianmacvane said:

For me at least on iOS, hit the little (i) icon above the chat window>Bot Messages>Draft Picks, League Transactions>Disable

Hope that helps.

Thanks!.  A league member just sent me this info too.  I kept looking in the Yahoo sports app settings under the team notifications area.  Which is where you can set all notifications BUT this on or off.  Didn't even know there was settings under the chat alone.

Still WHY did Yahoo send these transactions notices to the chat room when they go into the transaction area and why did they make their default for the chat room "on" with them? Probably just to bug me I am sure.

Thanks again for your help!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, craigmack said:

I just started getting yahoo notifications of add/drop. Not sure how it happened. Its taken forever to get this. 

ianmacvane's post above has the solution above to this nonsense.  Yahoo used no logic at all sending this stuff into the league's chat room and making the default setting "on." 

Do they not know they have a "transactions" area in the app for just this very thing?  They could even have their push notifications button there instead -- set to off as default I would HOPE.  Then if someone actually wants their entire day spent listening to useless Yahoo app dings they could set the button to "on."

 I mean in 99% of all leagues players go to waivers so you can't just jump in and grab someone who was just dropped so what's the point?  You can read all the transactions once a day and be more than up on things.  Trades already have a separate push button that I do keep set to "on" but waivers you don't need that.  Totally lame coding.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

ianmacvane's post above has the solution above to this nonsense.  Yahoo used no logic at all sending this stuff into the league's chat room and making the default setting "on." 

Do they not know they have a "transactions" area in the app for just this very thing?  They could even have their push notifications button there instead -- set to off as default I would HOPE.  Then if someone actually wants their entire day spent listening to useless Yahoo app dings they could set the button to "on."

 I mean in 99% of all leagues players go to waivers so you can't just jump in and grab someone who was just dropped so what's the point?  You can read all the transactions once a day and be more than up on things.  Trades already have a separate push button that I do keep set to "on" but waivers you don't need that.  Totally lame coding.

 

 

I love this new notification feature, and I'm keeping it on. But absolutely - it should have been rolled out with some communication as to how to disable it if a user didn't want it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Grinner said:

 

I love this new notification feature, and I'm keeping it on. But absolutely - it should have been rolled out with some communication as to how to disable it if a user didn't want it.

They also have a notification option if your player hits a HR and for "breakout stat lines", but......it doesn't work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...